I wish I had written that . . .

A place for writer's to congregate and commiserate about the life of the writer. Discuss techniques for fixing your prose, livening up your dialogue, or awakening your muse. Also share in writing victories, be they publication or contest winnings.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

I wish I had written that . . .

Postby pengwenn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Have you ever come across of line in a book so wonderfully written that you think "I wish I had written that"? Well, why don't you share that here. These simple little lines might just be inspiration to start your own wonderful lines.

If you come across a line that dazzles you, make a post here with Title, Author, Chapter and/or page number of the written gem. Let's see what you're reading and what lines you wish you had written yourself.
Is this my reality or yours?
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:43 pm

I'll start with the first one.

A Clash of Kings (book 2 of A Song of Ice and Fire)
George R. R. Martin
Chapter Davos (page 145 paperback)

"The morning air was dark with the smoke of burning gods."
Is this my reality or yours?
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:52 am

I've come across so many of these over the years, but can't seem to recall any at the moment.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:03 pm

I read that book Pen... but don't recall the line. One of the downfalls of having a Nook and LOSING the cord, is that you can't read the next book you've purchased. I've got to find that damn cord. I read the first books but need to read the last. :twisted: :evil:
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts

Return to “The Writer's Life - Techniques, Characterization, Writing Ideas, & More”