Playing for Keeps novel out on Amazon

Place to sell your used books or self-published items. Let people know about other projects you may have (i.e. a published newsletter or small business). Exchanges between members is not covered by WordTrip in any way.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

charlesp
Site Admin

Playing for Keeps novel out on Amazon

Postby charlesp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:33 am

FYI: Our friend Mur at www.ishouldbewriting.com is having her launch day for her super-hero novel Playing for Keeps today (August 25th). She has already podcast this novel, and you can get the PDF of it for free on her site, but today is the day she's asking her fans to make a run for it on Amazon and bump it up in the rankings (it was originally supposed to release today, but apparently Amazon "released" it a couple weeks early... though I think that might be on her publisher as much as Amazon).

PFK is a great book, now go buy it!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:35 pm

As a lesson in internet marketing. Mur co-ordinated her attack on Amazon and even with a small press, but with her podcast listeners helping, she's managed to get up to #16 on Amazon's best seller's list (and the day isn't over yet). It's no the NYT list yet, but it's still impressive.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:49 am

Well, since I read a story not to long ago (can't remember where) that said most people are now buying their books from online sources (Amazon being the leader) that's a good thing.
Is this my reality or yours?
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:57 pm

It looks as though Amazon always releases them early, CP, which isn't really fair to the writers who might have plans for the release day. I was shocked when I saw mine was up on Amazon a couple of weeks or more before the date I was given. Of course, it died a natural death after everyone who knew me had obtained their copy. :-D (I was really surprised to get another royalty check a while back.)
Hope your friend has great luck with her sales!
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:42 pm

I think the amazon early thing is more on the publishers (especially smaller ones and POD) who don't really have a big marketing budget for a push day and probably don't have all those things logistically negotiated with Amazon.

Return to “For Sale/Promo”