Coaching for writers...would you do it?

A place for writer's to congregate and commiserate about the life of the writer. Discuss techniques for fixing your prose, livening up your dialogue, or awakening your muse. Also share in writing victories, be they publication or contest winnings.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

LindaF
Wordtripper

Coaching for writers...would you do it?

Postby LindaF » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:32 pm

(This message has been X-posted to other writing forums I belong to.)

Hi, all,

A friend and I are thinking of starting a coaching service for writers that would consist of e-courses with phone support. It would be kind of like life coaching, but for writers. My friend has published 24 nonfiction books and a novel, so her courses would be on book publishing. I've published articles in 120 magazines as well as a book on mag writing, so my courses would be on magazine writing.

I love this idea, but I also know that many writers don't like to shell out money (hey, I'm one of them)! On the other hand, I know that there's a lack of good info out there for writers; several aspiring writers e-mail me every week to ask me how to break in, how to negotiate contracts, how to write a query, and so on. So I'm putting out feelers to find out if there might be a call for a coaching service for writers. If you could answer these questions, that would help me greatly in deciding if this is something we should go forward with.

* Would you ever sign up for an e-course in getting published?

* How much would you be willing to pay?

* What's a good time frame for such a course (how many weeks, and how many times per week)?

* What topics would you be interested in being coached on?

* Anything else you'd like to add?

Thanks so much for your replies!

Cheers,

Linda
Linda Formichelli * http://www.lindaformichelli.com/course
The Renegade Writer blog: http://www.therenegadewriter.com

Return to “The Writer's Life - Techniques, Characterization, Writing Ideas, & More”