pen to paper, write (repeat)

A place for you writers to complain about your writing and the writing process... maybe posting what you got done today to make you feel like less of a writing failure.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

pen to paper, write (repeat)

Postby pengwenn » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:36 pm

"Welcome Wagon"

Come one, come all
I’m starting my blog.
Come party with me,
We’ll live high on the hog.

It’s words that I write
A story to tell
Critiques are most welcome
(I don’t write very well).

So if you are bored,
Just stare into space
Let yourself in and
WELCOME TO MY PLACE!

I wasn't going to do a blog but everyone's else is so much fun to read and I can relate to so much of it. I didn't want a blog to interfere with my writing (I wasn't writing much before I came on WT). Since I've been on WT inspiration has come pouring from my mind....okay...okay... dribbling is more like it.

The title comes from always being accused as a space cadet. "earth to Gwenn, come in gwenn. I think we've lost her." I just didn't have the guts to tell everyone I wasn't lost in space but that I was just working out that blasted plot twist that had me stumped or I was imagining my characters back story (even if it wouldn't make it into the story).

So you're welcome to come play in my world... but first, grap a rag and help me dust out the corners. :D
Is this my reality or yours?
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:34 pm

I feel I should apologize for the bad poetry yesterday here and in April b-day thread. I was in a really giddy mood yesterday as Pikmin 2 was shipped and I can pick it up today. YIPPEE!!!

I'm a video game junkie and this is one disceptively simple yet sadistically addictive game that I've been dying for. Video games are one of the reasons I don't write very much. It's not my fault either it's all those pretty, blinking lights....I just can't get enough of them.

charlesp's wonderful thread about biology and breeding has snapped me out of my video game daze and instilled some intelligent thought in my head...don't worry it won't last long.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:40 pm

Welcome to the world of blogging! And don't apologize for writing EVER! At least you're making an effort...
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:41 pm

my sister loves that game, pen!
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:58 pm

CONGRADULATIONS Anblick!!!
You are the first person to post to my blog. I bet you didn't know that I was giving away a prize to the first person to post to my blog. Yep, it's a really cool prize too. All you have to do to claim your prize is send $100 to me and I will ship off your very nice, and very stylish Bic pen (ink not included). You won't find this one of a kind item in any store. No siree. If you tried to find this pen in the stores you would have to buy a package of 10 pens!!! I mean come on? What are you going to do with 10 pens. You can only write with one at a time (at least legibly). It's functionable, durable and it's the perfect gift for the writer type...and you've won it Anblick.

Sorry xcheck24, your "time to post" skills need a little improvement and have I got the thing for you? If you send in $200 to me today I will personally see that your posting comes before everyone else's. How can I do that you say? Ah that's the secret and if you want to know more send in another $300 and this lovely color brochure with all my secrets will be yours. Don't wait, send your money in today.

(I am not responsible for any prizes, services or brochures that become lost nonfuctional, misplaces, or otherwise defective or nonexistent.)

I've had some caffiene, can you tell? :cheesygrin:
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:04 pm

Well I've gone and written 4 days in a row. That's some kind of record for me lately. It hasn't been anything big just a few Haikus and poems here and there. After some lovely experiences with poetry and college professors I didn't think I would ever read, let alone wirte, poetry again. I give Mlou kudos for that. I figure poetry is a good place to start. It helps focus the mind on the image or emotion and train it to find the right word instead of the first one that comes to mind. I do tend to pitter out with my writing over the weekends. That's when life seems to catch up to me and make her demands for time.

On the home front I pulled out an unopened gallon of milk this morning and noticed the sides were caved in. It seems there was a small hole in the bottom of the jug and it had been leaking in my refrigerator for a couple of days. Where did half the milk go? It dripped down into the vegetable drawer on the bottom. I opened it up and it's filled with milk. Lovely way to start your day don't you think?
Hyker
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby Hyker » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:04 am

pengwenn wrote:CONGRADULATIONS Anblick!!!
You are the first person to post to my blog. I bet you didn't know that I was giving away a prize to the first person to post to my blog. Yep, it's a really cool prize too. All you have to do to claim your prize is send $100 to me and I will ship off your very nice, and very stylish Bic pen (ink not included). You won't find this one of a kind item in any store. No siree. If you tried to find this pen in the stores you would have to buy a package of 10 pens!!! I mean come on? What are you going to do with 10 pens. You can only write with one at a time (at least legibly). It's functionable, durable and it's the perfect gift for the writer type...and you've won it Anblick.

Sorry xcheck24, your "time to post" skills need a little improvement and have I got the thing for you? If you send in $200 to me today I will personally see that your posting comes before everyone else's. How can I do that you say? Ah that's the secret and if you want to know more send in another $300 and this lovely color brochure with all my secrets will be yours. Don't wait, send your money in today.

(I am not responsible for any prizes, services or brochures that become lost nonfuctional, misplaces, or otherwise defective or nonexistent.)

Pen? Is that you? :coffee2:
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"
~Erma Bombeck

www.HykersTrails.com

Postby pengwenn » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:42 am

Hyker join me for another Pepsi today. I should be pretty loopy in about an hour (I have to go get it first). Things around here could get very, very interesting.
Hyker
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby Hyker » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:33 am

Good, I need something to wake me up. I have another 500 words I need to kick out before noon.

*grabs a Pepsi*
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

~Erma Bombeck

www.HykersTrails.com

Postby pengwenn » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:39 am

*raising my Pepsi*

A toast. To caffiene, my she bring our muse out in a frenzy of words.

:pepsi:
Hyker
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby Hyker » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:43 am

...or at least keeps us awake long enough to stare at the blank screen for a while. :shock:

*raises glass to Peng's* :pepsi:

~Erma Bombeck

www.HykersTrails.com

Postby pengwenn » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:50 pm

I hate September!!! :evil:

It's only been 6 days yet they've all sucked! I had a new gallon of milk slowly leak in my refrigerator which left me a vegetable drawer filled with milk before I found out. I got a kidney infection that I'm slowly getting over. NOT FUN BELIEVE ME. The apartment complex screwed up my parking space that I've had for 2 1/2 years and wouldn't do anything to fix it until I threatened to have the guy in my spot towed. And then today something happened to the water in my apartment complex. It would only come out in a little trickle for about 10 seconds then it would stop altogether. Thankful I'd already had my shower. The good news is I spent the day over with my family. We went bowling (I scored 72 and 76 Whoo-hoo!! anything over 50 is good for me), had barbeque chicken and played games for awhile. It was nice to have somewhere else to go so I didn't have to worry about the water (they got it working by the time I came home). So SEPTEMBER SUCKS!!!

The writing has been nonexistant for a couple of days. My muse seems to be on vacation for September. I did have a wonderful time working my critque for my writers group. I hope R likes it. I love to critque. I think it's fun trying to make something better. My problem is I don't always know when to stop. I've looked back at some of my stuff and wonder whatever happened to the voice and style. I just edit everything into a beige/gray blah. I'm goint to work on that.
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:39 am

Hey... you should write a book about your life in September. :shock:

Uh... well... maybe not. :)

I have my fingers crossed it stays uneventful in my part of the world... and in yours from now forward.
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:35 pm

UGH!!!
I feel old. Someone I work with came up to me today and asked if I would write a letter of recommendation for her so she can get a job as a teacher. Aren't you suppose to ask old people to do that for you? I remember when I had to do that in college and all the people I asked were old (at least I thought they were old). You are suppose to ask someone who's responsible, intelligent, established in their careers, essentially a grownup. Now I'm one of those people. I guess I should be flattered but I think it's rather depressing when I think that I might appear to be the responsible adult on the outside. On the inside I'm still college age and living it up (that is until my body says ENOUGH and I give in to sleep about 11pm). Where's my walker?
Last edited by pengwenn on Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:37 pm

:)) I never thought of THAT as being a sign of oldness... everything ELSE I do... but not THAT... though admittedly nobody has ever asked me to do that so... I guess I won't know if I feel that way when it happens until it DOES happen.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:15 pm

I wrote up the recommendation letter today. It was kind of fun. It's different from all the creative stuff I've been doing and different from the dry work stuff I have to do. And there's a fine line to walk between praise and fake flattery.

I think it went well if I do say so myself. I changed my mind set when writing it. Instead of looking at it like something someone old would do I looked at it like another writing assignment. So is there anyone out there who needs a recommendation? Bring it on! JK
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:26 pm

Hey P! I sent your sure-to-bounce check off today. Thing is, you didn't give me an address, so I picked one at random!

I expect my Bic pen either way! :lol:
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:30 am

Anby - I mailed the pen out to you. I just hope you read the fine print.

pengwenn wrote:(I am not responsible for any prizes, services or brochures that become lost nonfuctional, misplaces, or otherwise defective or nonexistent.)

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:11 am

How do I get out of this asylum?
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:52 am

whooaa-haaaa-haaaa!! 8-[ I've locked the doors and swallowed the keys (I was a little low in my steal vitamin levels) you will never get out.

*fighting the doctors as they slip a straight-jacket on me* Noooooo! There is one WordTripper to rule them all. It's my presh-ussssssss.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:09 pm

(conversation overheard outside pengwenn's blog)

?: CP they're taking another one away.

charlesp: (evil laugh) yes I know.

?: What are we going to do?

charlesp: convert her life energy into the WordTrip site.

?: What?

charlesp: How else do you think we get the power to run this place. I've been making changes so we'll need more energy.

?: where can we get more?

charlesp: (checking out unidentified WT member) you look pretty lively.

?: me? No! (runs away)

charlesp: Oh I love it when they run...
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:12 pm

pen, you really need to stop watching the matrix :lol:
Behind the Press

There's always a bloody ghost.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:23 pm

You may need to confer with Ran, PW! Note his line about chewing thru the leather straps.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:39 pm

The only inspiration I've had in the longest time has been describing my inner critic. My muse giggled as I did it. She likes to makes jabbs at him. He was mostly silent while I wrote it. I guess he couldn't argue with the truth.

Things to do today:

work (blah)
shopping (yeah)
work out (blah)
read (yeah)
take garbage our (blah)
write (yeah)
clean bathroom (blah)
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:49 am

I started a piece for the Antagonists POV challenge yesterday. I didn't finish it, but I hope to do so today. It's a bit forced since my muse is AWOL but I'm hoping to fix that when I revise.

to do:
work
gym
read
write
Gilmore Girls season premiere :)

Return to “Writing and Poetry Blogs”