Novel in a hundred days (link)

A place for writer's to congregate and commiserate about the life of the writer. Discuss techniques for fixing your prose, livening up your dialogue, or awakening your muse. Also share in writing victories, be they publication or contest winnings.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

charlesp
Site Admin

Novel in a hundred days (link)

Postby charlesp » Sun May 04, 2008 8:39 pm

Interesting little "project" here, how to write your novel in 100 days:

http://www.peacecorpswriters.org/pages/ ... 100da.html

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Sun May 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi, Charles. I've read this 101-page piece of advice and I found interesting tips, such as the characters and plot's development.
I wrote down some of them that caught my attention:
P.14- What is vigorous English?
p.20- I found a contradiction in Your “voice” is your voice. Your “style” is your style. Does not it contradict all the times that it is suggested that you be concise and use short sentences? What if your style is based on being wordy and using long sentences?

The editing part is a kick in the teeth after reading such an encouraging piece; while the submission guidelines are very precise and useful for somebody who never did it... And it is quite scary too. It made me have butterflies beforehand. :-P
Know me by what I did today.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue May 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Maybe we can organize a challenge or something around this. Or maybe somebody wants to give this a shot and let us know how things are going in their blog. Just a thought.
Is this my reality or yours?

Return to “The Writer's Life - Techniques, Characterization, Writing Ideas, & More”