Poetry Contest: The Rose&Thorn

Post your poetry, talk about well-known poets, work on your form, discus the unique difficulties of invoking a poetic muse, and more.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

wyndham
Wordtripper

Poetry Contest: The Rose&Thorn

Postby wyndham » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:23 pm

Hi All,

I'm a fiction writer, not a poet, so I'm not familiar with this forum. Forgive me if this is not the correct place, but I did want to let you all know about this contest, because it is a great opportunity for newer writers. I hope these links come out, because I had to do a copy and paste so I wouldn't miss anything.

ALL EYES ON THE POETRY PRIZE…

You are cordially invited to enter the first-ever Rose & Thorn Poetry Prize competition. The poem our judges deem a work of singular distinction will be awarded a cash prize of $50.00 AND publication in our free bi-monthly newsletter. So send us your best!

HOW TO ENTER

Only entries via email and payment via PayPal accepted. You must be a U.S. resident to enter.

The entry fee is $5.00 FOR A MAXIMUM OF 2 POEMS, any theme and style. Follow the link below to get started. After we receive confirmation of your payment from PayPal, your entry qualifies for judging. No refunds given for any reason whatsoever.

Send your entry to: RTpoetrycontest@hotmail.com. Subject heading of your email should read: CONTEST SUBMISSION. Must include your name, address, and email along with your work. NOTE: Send entries in the body of your email. All attachments will be deleted unopened.

Void where prohibited. Failure to follow specified rules may lead to disqualification. Staff members of The Rose & Thorn and their immediate families are ineligible.

PayPal Link:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business= ... =USD&lc=US

CONTEST DETAILS

Deadline is April 15, 2005.

One poem will be picked based on style, originality and overall effect. Winner will be notified immediately once a decision has been made, and winning poem will be published in the June 2005 newsletter.

In order to collect prize, winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility verifying that he/she wrote the poem, owns the rights to it, and is a U.S. resident. Odds of winning vary with number of contestants. We will not respond to contestants beyond an email confirming your submission has been entered for judging.

Feel free to distribute these contest guidelines to interested persons and groups!

Return to “Pondering Poetry - Share poems, work on form, learn types of poetry”