Tableau Tuesday

The Picture Perfect Writing portion of Wordtrip is used to inspire writing through the "VISUAL" of life. Look at the current picture and write an opening line, paragraph, poem, or short story. Perhaps even begin a new novel!

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

JillStar
Moderator+

Tableau Tuesday

Postby JillStar » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:44 pm

I'm trying something new to see if it takes off. Tableau Tuesday!

1. What the heck does Tableau mean?
From various on-line Dictionaries
a: a view or sight that looks like a picture
b: a scene that typically shows an event in history or literature, created on a stage
by a group of people who are dressed in costumes and who do not speak or move
c: a graphic description or representation
d: a striking or artistic grouping : arrangement, scene
e: a depiction of a scene usually presented on a stage by silent and motionless costumed participants
f: a vivid or graphic description: The movie was a tableau of a soldier's life.
g: a striking incidental scene, as of a picturesque group of people.
h: an interlude during a scene when all the performers on stage freeze in position & then resume action.

2. Why call it Tableau on WT rather than Picture or Image?
Well, silly... because I want to post them on Tuesday... thus... Tableau Tuesday. If we can rename a day of the week to be Puesday than Picture Perfect Puesday would definitely sound quite awesome. :wink:

3. So, what does all this mean, really?
I will post a free-for-use picture... errr... tableau from the internet and you can write a poem or story or anything that comes to mind. Post your writing below the picture or store it secretly on your computer. You could create a writing blog in the blog section and post it there. Whichever. :-D
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts

Return to “Picture Prompts”