Picture Perfect - Parlor Scene

The Picture Perfect Writing portion of Wordtrip is used to inspire writing through the "VISUAL" of life. Look at the current picture and write an opening line, paragraph, poem, or short story. Perhaps even begin a new novel!

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Picture Perfect - Parlor Scene

Postby Anblick » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:27 pm

jillstar wrote:The Picture Perfect Writing portion of Wordtrip is used to inspire writing through the "VISUAL" of life. Look at the picture below and write whatever comes to mine... short story, Fast Fiction or novel... even a poem may be inspired from this picture.

For more information... click HERE.

Here's your next picture challenge to inspire us to write. Write an opening line, paragraph or even a short story to go along with the picture. Perhaps even begin a new novel! Maybe members would like to use these as future tags... just ask the person who starts it if it's ok to use.

Daniel
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Daniel » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:54 am

I feel like playing a Berlioz piece right now but it happened to me that last night I hit my husband so heavily on the head (check out the hideous marble bust he gave me for my 49th birthday, he had to know already I hate Beethoven) that he died and now I am forced to bury him somewhere in the backyard. In the meantime, I find it reasonable to use my piano as a table and put the most unlikely things on it. Menopause and marble busts are not a good combination. :shock:
"I think that in order to understand other people's suffering and distress one must have, among other things, a great imagination."

YOU ARE TO ME WHAT YOU CHOSE TO BE.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:20 pm

LOL Great piece of mini-fiction. Unless it happens to be the truth?? :shock:
I love a bit of humor.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
Saphyre
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Saphyre » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:00 pm

If this room seems random to you, then you are not crazy but sane. for this room is haunted with the blood of elves which was spilt by the sons of darkness before they were forced into Mororth by Kyrycheancko, the Daughter of the Unaging. If you are reading this note, you are dead, for the haunting of that blood is here still- and will remain here until this room is exorcised with the rest of Josephine Manor. And now your haunting will join them.

"Shoot." Sabrina muttered, reading over Michael's shoulder. "I told you to leave it on the table. Only a dragon would be idiot enough to pick up a note before its read. Now the enchantments know we're here."

"They would have figured it out anyways when you started exorcising."

"Yeah- but they wouldn't know about you."

"Shoot." Whether Michael had anything to add to that was always unclear later- because it was at that moment that the room decided to prove just how haunted it was. The light of the candles spread to the piano, which started playing itself. The cat lazily got up and stretched, growing to five times its original size. The shawl hovered as though worn invisibly, and the flames of the fire spread to engulf the whole room and lap at the legs, feet, and waste of the two magical heirs.

"Shoot." Sabrina agreed.
~Saphyre
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus…
For by grace you have been saved through faith… it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Please always feel free to critique anything I write as I am by no means perfect!

Return to “Picture Prompts”