PP - Orangutan

The Picture Perfect Writing portion of Wordtrip is used to inspire writing through the "VISUAL" of life. Look at the current picture and write an opening line, paragraph, poem, or short story. Perhaps even begin a new novel!

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

PP - Orangutan

Postby Anblick » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:27 am

Picture Perfect Mondays have been on "summer vacation".

But now we're going to bring them back on a little more regular basis, since we've been getting a little response from them:

jillstar wrote:The Picture Perfect Writing portion of Wordtrip is used to inspire writing through the "VISUAL" of life. Look at the picture below and write whatever comes to mine... short story, Fast Fiction or novel... even a poem may be inspired from this picture.

For more information... click HERE.

Here's your next picture challenge to inspire us to write. Write an opening line, paragraph or even a short story to go along with the picture. Perhaps even begin a new novel! Maybe members would like to use these as future tags... just ask the person who starts it if it's ok to use.

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:37 pm

Ahh...he's so stinking cute.
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:00 pm

Hi, my name is Otis, the office orangutan. I was recently hired by a marketing firm. My job is super sweet. I make more money than the poor little things that show up everyday and actually sit quietly at my desks doing their work. I get to take seven smoke breaks every day. Also, part of my job is to squeal with delight and clap my hands with glee every time someone says anything that is not even remotely funny. If I think someone is working too hard and should not be disturbed, I throw my poo at them. That is my favorite part of the job. But the best part of my job is staying late and being extra loud when the poor little assistant stays late so she can actually get work done. Some people think I belong in a juggle with my own kind, but what they don’t understand is that I have never felt more at home.
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men
LilacWine
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby LilacWine » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:41 am

Your piece is just as cute as the little orang. Good job!
"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." -- Joan Didion (1934 - )

~Pamela~
longfinkillie
Wordtripper

Postby longfinkillie » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:03 pm

"Before Intelligent Design I had a purpose."
Foxes don't explode, rabbits do.
funkywriter3
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby funkywriter3 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:58 am

i may appear cute
but do you see my wrinkles?
my frustration
my agnst
my fears of not fitting in
i stick out to those unlike me
but to my own
i am no different
" The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself."- Albert Camus

"Writers will happen in the best of families."
-Rita Mae Brown

" Do not ask a poet to explain himself, he cannot." - Plato

Return to “Picture Prompts”