PP - Chip N Chip

The Picture Perfect Writing portion of Wordtrip is used to inspire writing through the "VISUAL" of life. Look at the current picture and write an opening line, paragraph, poem, or short story. Perhaps even begin a new novel!

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

JillStar
Moderator+

PP - Chip N Chip

Postby JillStar » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:04 pm

jillstar wrote:The Picture Perfect Writing portion of Wordtrip is used to inspire writing through the "VISUAL" of life. Look at the picture below and write whatever comes to mine... short story, Fast Fiction or novel... even a poem may be inspired from this picture.

For more information... click HERE.

Here's your next picture challenge to inspire us to write. Write an opening line, paragraph or even a short story to go along with the picture. Perhaps even begin a new novel! Maybe members would like to use these as future tags... just ask the person who starts it if it's ok to use.

Last edited by JillStar on Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:31 am

Our Monday challenge/prompt is now Picture Perfect. :)

Here's this week's picture. This is obivously a chipmunk eating a Dorito. Please note the golden eye!

Ask yourself... how did he get the Dorito, who did he have to kill to get it, why is his eye golden, what will happen after he's done eating it, are there others about to ambush him, where's the leader of the chipmunks, does he have a silo full of Doritos somewhere, who's taking the picture...
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
Tupwen
Master Tripper

Postby Tupwen » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:34 am

As he stared down the muzzle of the AK-47, the chipmunk began to think that stealing the bag of chips from the tent wasn't such a good idea.

"Little devil," snarled the gun-beast, a big wolverine with exceptionally long claws.

The chipmunk slowly lowered the chip to the ground and said, "Look, I didn't know the chips belonged to you. I'll give 'em back, you just need to let me get back to my nest…" Inwardly he snickered. Nobeast could resist the cute charm if he piled it on. And nobeast could survive the twin Uzis he could draw with blinding speed.

He took a step back. The wolverine snarled. "Move again and there won't be enough fur left for your mates to identify you."

The chipmunk froze. Why wasn't his charm working? Even though the gunbeast was a predator, the charm should have had an effect. He smiled wider, innocent golden eyes open and devoid of anything but honesty. A trick he had learned long ago. "Come on, buddy," he wheedled. "Put the weapon up. I said I'd give your chips back."

The wolverine laughed, a grating sound that mingled with a growl in his chest. "I think not, little devil. I've seen those golden eyes before. I know who you are."

The chipmunk sighed. Then he started to laugh. "You do?"

The wolverine nodded and his foreclaw was dangerously close to pulling the trigger of the AK-47. "You should never have kidnapped my kits."

The chipmunk stiffened. Was it…? Yes. His breath came quicker. This was the father wolverine of the kits he had stolen last fall. He swallowed. He glanced to his right, wondering if he could make a dash for his hole before the wolverine could fire.

"You got the wrong rodent," the chipmunk said, his voice strained with increasing panic.

"I don't care. I've decided that the world would be a better place without your stripped kind."

The gun barked. The last thing the chipmunk saw was the grinning visage of the vengeful wolverine.

------

~Tupwen
Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever. ~Allen Curtis

Write now. Tomorrow never comes.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:49 am

I'm still reeling from the idea of a GREY chipmunk with a brown head and stripes that appear to be on his side, instead of down the middle of the back.
Was this photo digitally dickered with, perchance?
Or is it a western chipmunk as opposed to an eastern one?
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
aexcite6
Master Tripper

Postby aexcite6 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:37 am

lol, Mlou, yeah i would say it's been altered. the black frame around the chip is a give away. still a cute picture.
AE
Tupwen
Master Tripper

Postby Tupwen » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:48 am

Hehe, yeah, it's kind of cute… I like the golden eye thing. (I have a fascination with eyes, so…)
Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever. ~Allen Curtis

Write now. Tomorrow never comes.

Return to “Picture Prompts”