FF - His name was Brutus

Fast Fiction is fiction written fast. The object is to get your brain thinking about a given subject without interference from “reason”. Go for the 30 minute time limit.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

JillStar
Moderator+

FF - His name was Brutus

Postby JillStar » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:56 pm

jillstar wrote: Fast Fiction is just that... fiction written fast. Please visit What is FAST FICTION for more information.

Look at the subject for today's Fast Fiction at the end of this post... once you have the slightest beginning to your story… begin to write. Don't stop to ponder the meaning behind your writing or try to "fix" it so it's perfect... just write.

If you want to include your Fast Fiction finished product on WordTrip, simply add it to this thread. We would love it!

REMINDER: Please keep your stories PG13 if posted on the site. If you want a critique after you are complete, please consider using your writing group for help in that area or send a PM to one of us.

... try to stick to the 30 minutes time limit but feel free to take longer... ready, set... WRITE!

SUBJECT: His name was Brutus.
Last edited by JillStar on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:01 pm

His name was Brutus and a name couldn't suit a dog more. A hienz fifty-seven combo of pointer, beagle, lab and moose, he had ears that dragged the floor which caught under his equally impressive and clunky paws. The vet assured me that the rest of his frame would grow to balance out these attributes, which only caused me to fret as I lead him into puppy training class and watch the other 6-month-old gremlins cower at his massive form.

Excited, no one could need puppy training more than he did, he mowed down a display of greenies training treats while bolting towards his new playmates. "That dog can't be 6 month old! Why are they allowing it in here with these babies!"

"I understand your alarm, miss,". The instructor began, " but I assure you that Brutus is the same age as the rest of the group and...." Brutus stepped on his own ear and cartwheeled into the protective barrier, landing on his backside with his outstretched paws fully entwined in his leash and looking at me for rescue. "...from the looks if him, he's in the right class."

"Yowl!" Brutus agreed still struggling with his leash and ears. While the other owners looked between Brutus and their own pups with a bit of trepidation, the instructor simply laughed and said thank you to Brutus for agreeing with her, then she helped me finish freeing Brutus and uprighting him. He licked both our faces in gratitude. His attention now on the daschund who was nipping at his ear.

As Brutus raised his paw to squish the playful worm of a dog, panic shot through me along with a rest in peace grave marker for the little German. Yanking the leash a screamed (a little too loudly): "Brutus no!"
"Come to the dark side; we have coffee!"

Return to “Fast Fiction Friday”