FF - Outside Looking In

Fast Fiction is fiction written fast. The object is to get your brain thinking about a given subject without interference from “reason”. Go for the 30 minute time limit.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

JillStar
Moderator+

FF - Outside Looking In

Postby JillStar » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:42 am

jillstar wrote: Fast Fiction is just that... fiction written fast. Please visit What is FAST FICTION for more information.

Look at the subject for today's Fast Fiction at the end of this post... once you have the slightest beginning to your story… begin to write. Don't stop to ponder the meaning behind your writing or try to "fix" it so it's perfect... just write.

If you want to include your Fast Fiction finished product on WordTrip, simply add it to this thread. We would love it!

REMINDER: Please keep your stories PG13 if posted on the site. If you want a critique after you are complete, please consider using your writing group for help in that area or send a PM to one of us.

... try to stick to the 30 minutes time limit... ready, set... WRITE!

SUBJECT: Outside Looking In
Last edited by JillStar on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm bringing this one forward again... I think it could make for a very interesting story (or poem)!
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
timberline
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby timberline » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:24 am

Sorry I've been remiss in not writing to these great prompts, or even finishing the 1960 Chevy pickup truck story which got longer and longer. Time is short and the shopping list is long and the commitments insurrmountable. Merry Christmas!
 Cruising the Green of Second Avenue is available at Barnes & Noble and other online book sellers. More good stuff at http://allotropiclucubrations.blogspot.com
timberline
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby timberline » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Okay, let's try this 30-minute thing on for size. 484 words. PG rated maybe, though today's kids are less sensitive than their parents.

Inside Looking Out

Hey. Diary, it’s me again. Sorry to be so lame about checking in. Like it’s a month, right? ‘Bout since I mentioned I found my new man Jim.

Don’t get your hopes up that Jim is still hangin round. That bit is over. Just glad I don’t have to pay his hospital or chiro — well, you know how to spell better’n me.

He took me on a heavy date to the Chicken Inn complete w/ all the fixins and a whole bunch of beers. Hey, I didn’t think to count the empties cause we were laffing it up pretty heavy.

I didn’t mind that Jim took me out to the lake for a little getting to know you fooling around. Hmmm. Can’t tell you what happened next, but I have to say Jim drives one of those Smart cars. Not so smart really. They’re really, really small and Jim is sort of built big and makes me look like a midget.

I was looking up at his big blue eyes (yeah, I know it was dark, but I also know his eyes are blue.) I was also huffin and puffin cause like I said Jim is a BIG guy.

Suddenly he lets out a shriek that his back has gone out. “Gone out where?” I ask. “No,” he says, “I can’t move. It’s my slipped disc.”

“Well I can’t move either cause I’m under you. You have to move before I can get up and do something. Maybe slip your disc back or something.”

“Don’t you understand, you stupid person. I CAN’T MOVE!!!”

Seeing this was really, really an emergency I hit the horn again and again. Some guy from another car came to the window and said “Something wrong?”

“Call an ambulance you idiot!” Jim shouted. Not smart pissing off a Good Samaritan. That’s my Jim.

Before you know it there was EMS and the local cops and a fire truck not to mention some couples who just happened to be getting a moon tan at the lake. They spent 10 minutes laffing and then they hauled Jim out by using the Jaws of Life to cut the door open. Well I tried to cover my face and get my underwear on at the same time when some guy shouts “Nice try, Red.” Okay, so I used to have red hair — till I dyed it yesterday.

I followed the meat wagon to the hospital feeling this was not going to be the best date of my life. Told him “I’m sorry about your car. Maybe insurance will pay.”

“It’s not my car I’m worried about. It’s my wife’s car and there’ll be hell to pay when she finds out.

So Diary, if you know any nice guys, clue me in. But they have to have big cars. And not too big bodies. And no wives please. Now I have to find an aspirin and go lie down.
 Cruising the Green of Second Avenue is available at Barnes & Noble and other online book sellers. More good stuff at http://allotropiclucubrations.blogspot.com

Return to “Fast Fiction Friday”