Orson Scott Card on Wordtrip Podcast

Site Announcements
charlesp
Site Admin

Orson Scott Card on Wordtrip Podcast

Postby charlesp » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:12 pm

FYI I went to the Orson Scott Card writing class this week and got the chance to do an interview with him and Ed Schubert (the new editor at www.intergalacticmedicineshow.com ). The interview will be broken up into three episodes of the podcast, and the first one is up now over at www.itsthestorystupid.com or you can see what the latest episode is at anytime by clicking on the podcast link in the navigation bar at the top of the page. For news on OSC check www.hatrack.com

For more insight into the process check out http://jamieford.com/ the blog of my roomie for my two days there. He's going to be there all week and is doing a great job of talking about the process.

CharlesP

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:27 pm

Another guy I met up there is also blogging the process (though he hasn't updated the last couple days I'm sure he'll update once he gets caught up on the writing/critting part of the boot camp). http://www.thisisjmartin.com/ (he's an amusing case of a guy who writes books on microsoft-centric programming languages but uses a Mac).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:43 pm

Part 2 (the first part recorded) has just been put up over at www.itsthestorystupid.com

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:29 pm

You DO realize, Charles, that we expect a scifi book from you in the near future?? :-D
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:33 pm

hehehe... keep dreaming (I am). Actually none of the ideas I came up with at the class were sci-fi... though one may have bordered on it.

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:35 pm

I'm still waiting to see what became of the bartender with the chicken-wire Bar!

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:31 pm

Mlou wrote:I'm still waiting to see what became of the bartender with the chicken-wire Bar!

that's actually the story I've worked on most of the year... trashed it once, and soon to be twice, as I'm just not satisfied with the story I end up telling... made it up to about 8000 words the first time, I'm over 11,000 now and about to close up the story (but getting it finished in one form or another) and maybe start again.. maybe let it simmer for a while and do more planning on the story before starting again.

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:41 pm

Wait a little while and see where the characters want to go. Sleep on it and you may get some new insights.

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:04 am

Part 3, where Card talks about his own work and Charles tries to not be too much of a fanboy, should be coming in the next couple days. Please go subscribe in iTunes and listen, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

CharlesP

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:34 pm

Part 3, where I fail in my attempt to not be a huge geeky OSC fan while asking him questions about his work, is now up over at podcast.wordtrip.com (which is also www.itsthestorystupid.com )

Return to “Announcements”