Wordtrip Podcast

Site Announcements
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:56 pm

When I go to my iTunes, it shows four different discussions.

1. Which one is the newest (the last date is 11/19 and it's for the grey king).

2. Which one should I link to for the grey king discussion coming up in a week 1/2?
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:55 pm

The newest is Podcast 003... there should be 5 right now with the latest being podcast 003... the Grey King Take Two is the "good" sound quality one (you can get a link to it if you go to podcast.wordtrip.com and click on the title for Grey King take two...

CharlesP

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:58 pm

I actually noticed it from Yahoo! before I was able to sign on to WT!
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:35 am

Latest podcast is up... sound quality is dodgey... still working out the kinks on that.

http://podcast.wordtrip.com/?p=10

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:19 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn... you definately need someone to interject (like radio talk shows). Can you imagine how many times I would say "yeah.. but Charles... let's look at it this way."

:coffeetime:

And what's wrong with the hero sitting in the bar while others do his/her dirty work???

:-D :-D :-D

(you see... I did listen to it)
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:38 pm

yes I KNOW I do... maybe if one of my moderators with broadband would sign up for Skype I could get that going (since I can't seem to get over to mudge's side of town to record one of these even).

CharlesP

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:51 pm

Hey, I TRIED today . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:50 am

FYI new Writing Instigator in the podcast today... I'm trying to have a weekend "long" episode (5-10 minutes) and a writing instigator (1-2 minutes) in the middle of the week... at least for now.

http://podcast.wordtrip.com/?p=11

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:10 am

Anybody have a good idea for a name for the Wordtrip Podcast? I'm leaning toward "It's the Story Stupid".... any ideas?

FYI Trying to get the time in a quiet room to record the next podcast... holidays and sick kids seem to not want me to.

CharlesP

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:55 am

FYI updating with a new episode tonight... over at http://podcast.wordtrip.com

hisimage87
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby hisimage87 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:12 pm

I love Podcasts!!! didn't know you guys had one, subscribing right now.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simontemplar

http://www.myspace.com/simontemplar87

http://macinmontana.blogspot.com

“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music”

Angela Monet.
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:53 pm

Yes, we're late... ok I am late... but I put up a quick Writing Instigator just now and I'm working on another "full" podcast for a couple days in the future.

CharlesP

Weenokee
Wordtripper

Postby Weenokee » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:18 pm

It's the story stupid.......catchy!
I listened to the podcasts, and am already learning! I quite enjoy them.
It would be great to have a guest every now n then. Looking forward to the next
one!
Weenokee
( When-uh-key) ( Just in case you were wondering)
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:57 pm

Well, we're officially "It's the Story Stupid: The Wordtrip Podcast" and can be found at http://podcast.wordtrip.com or www.itsthestorystupid.com AND I updated it last night with a new episode (more from 20 Master Plots)... and I'm pretty sure I need to start getting time in the morning after I wake up to do this... as I'm a bit too caffeinated late at night and talk a bit faster than I already do... which is pretty fast. Hope you enjoy it, and I'm going to take a break from 20 Master Plots and pull from some other books for the next few before coming back to the next round of plots.

CharlesP

hisimage87
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby hisimage87 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:28 pm

I just listened to the Podcast Charles, great work, keep it up. You guys have done a great job with this community.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simontemplar

http://www.myspace.com/simontemplar87

http://macinmontana.blogspot.com

“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music”

Angela Monet.
musthavebeenmykarma
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby musthavebeenmykarma » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:23 pm

I'm listening to Podcast 8 now, it's very impressive. It would be fun though to hear more viewpoints, discussing ways to look at plot creation.
I hope I'm a punk-rocking zombie when I die-

Or at least a headbanging one.

I have a Tumblr now! Thomas Caldwell Novels

or leave a message on my blogspot: Thomas Caldwell Novels
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:21 pm

FYI My laptop that I record these on is hosed right now and I'm doing repair work... so I'll likely be even FURTHER behind schedule on this for a couple weeks till I get back up and running full steam.

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:13 am

A) New podcast should be up by the time you read this. It's in the 7 minute range, and I hope to get some audio feedback.

B) For audiofeedback if you've got Skype you can leave a voicemail to get played during the podcast (assuming I'm not swamped with them and the sound quality is up to snuff) by leaving a skype voicemail for me, the Skype ID is Wordtrip. I'm working on a "SkypeIn" number that would allow you to call it and leave a voice mail using a normal phone and/or use it to call in and do interviews with people not using broadband and skype.

C) Karma, as you can see I'm hoping to get more participants as well. I should also clarify that the "rules" for these plots are not of my devising and I may not even agree with all of them, but that's the definition as I understand it from the source (20 master Plots). AND the author of that book even admits that most stories will be a combination of two or more of the master plots but generally one will be the overriding plot used.

CharlesP

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:37 am

Two types of writers, huh? Tellers and Wordsmiths? Hmmm...

What if you're neither. :shock: Okay... so I'm not "neither" but I don't think I would put myself into one or the other (as you mentioned, I believe).

Do you always whisper...

Sometimes I think wordsmiths use so many words that I am lost in what the story should be. Although... some tellers go on and on and on and on and I still have no idea. Perhaps it's not them... maybe it's my attention span?

(what's with the music?) :-P
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:39 am

whatcha mean what's with the music? it's the same music as on the last couple... or did I hose it up? and it's late at night so you got my very soft voice not my usual "speaking"/"acting" voice...

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:55 am

Just thought I would let you know... I created and posted a "customer review" through iTunes. Apparently, it may not post for about 48 hours because they have to check my comments to make sure I didn't swear, talk about something "inappropriate" or completely be a jerk. Which, if I remember correctly, I didn't do any of those things. Well... two our of three isn't bad.

:D
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:07 am

We now have a telephone number you can call in to and leave a voicemail, which I will start encorporating into the show. Skype call to Wordtrip OR call 678-810-0967 and leave a message. Right now I'm hoping to get some thoughts on Wordsmith Vs Storyteller writing and/or Constructionist vs Visualizer writers (the subject of the last "It's the Story Stupid: The Wordtrip Podcast").

CharlesP

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:21 am

Finally episode #10 is up over at http://podcast.wordtrip.com

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:21 am

New Podcast (#11) going up over at http://podcast.wordtrip.com

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:22 pm

Our dozenth podcast is "in the can"... well it was out on the back porch actually... but it's uploading now and should be ready by the time you see this.

http://podcast.wordtrip.com/?p=19

Return to “Announcements”