Wordtrip Podcast

Site Announcements
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:15 am

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:02 pm

a Month late... here's episode 14
http://podcast.wordtrip.com/?p=23

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:29 pm

The interviews with OSC are up, and I've also posted a short non-interview podcast as well. A full one should be comeing later next week.

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:23 pm

New podcast episode up.

http://podcast.wordtrip.com/?p=32

Jamie Ford
Master Tripper

Postby Jamie Ford » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:11 am

Thanks for the plug Charles! And that song by Alex kills me.
HOTEL ON THE CORNER OF BITTER AND SWEET, a New York Times Bestseller from Ballantine / Now on sale.
http://www.jamieford.com
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:15 pm

Charles, I've just now gotten around to listening to the OSC podcasts. Thanks!!! They are awesome. I've never paid much attention to him, because I have little interest in the Sci-Fi genre. But I may just have to pick up one of his books. Thank you...thank you...thank you... :D
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:55 am

I'm so glad you enjoyed it... and I'm feeling REAL bad about being three weeks from having recorded my interview with Richard and still not having it edited and put up there.

Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:17 pm

bfsooner wrote:Charles, I've just now gotten around to listening to the OSC podcasts. Thanks!!! They are awesome. I've never paid much attention to him, because I have little interest in the Sci-Fi genre. But I may just have to pick up one of his books. Thank you...thank you...thank you... :D

I'd recommend "Ender's Game" - though clearly Sci-Fi, I got more the feel of a character piece than Sci-Fi when I read it. A definitely awesome story!
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:19 pm

Thanks for the rec, Anblick.
Rebecca

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:16 pm

FYI: Episode 21 is FINALLY up. It's an interview with our own RichardLowry
http://podcast.wordtrip.com/?p=34

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:39 pm

I went to check out the podcasts on iTunes but they only have 15 - 21 listed. Don't they stay up indefinitely?

I've spent a while listening to the different podcasts... you've changed a bit Charles. :) I liked the newer versions the best just because you sound more confident or in charge of your thoughts. I don't know if that makes sense, but its the best way I can describe it.

And what's this I hear about arguments? I HAVE to bring up old stuff in order to win the arguement? Is that what you were saying? :wink:
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:53 pm

The old ones stay on the site, and I think they liste the old ones if you subscribe, but I'll have to check and make sure.

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:56 pm

I did subscribe quite a while ago. The only ones listed are the last 7 episodes. I have 1-9 on my podcast saved list.
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:45 pm

Hmm.... have to figure out how to tweak the feed so it keeps all of them in it.

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:12 am

I have a question. These podcasts are showing up on my iPod, but I can't find them in iTunes to play on my computer. Where are they? I have tried creating a Smart Playlist for just Podcasts, and nothing came up, but I can see them on my iPod. Ok...smartie Mac people...what am I doing wrong? :cry:
Rebecca

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:13 am

which version of iTunes are you using? if it's the latest there is a setting under preferences to "show" and a box to check beside podcasts... that should do it.

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:17 am

I must not be using the latest and greatest because I can't find it. Should I update the version the next time it offers it to me?
Rebecca

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:18 am

probably, if you use the music store at all it needs to be the latest to work right... otherwise, how have you subscribed to the podcasts in iTunes? as where it lists the ones you've subscribed to is where you can play them usually (if I remember the old version correctly)

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:32 am

When I click on the word "Podcasts" on the left side of the page, there is nothing listed under it. I don't remember how I subscribed to it, since I subscribed about 10 months ago. :oops:
Rebecca

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:18 am

:)) well.. ummm... try the update next time you can and see if that helps it...

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:54 am

I have subscribed to the wordtrip podcasts. I just searched for Wordtrip and up popped a podcast. Then I went to that section and there's a button saying something like "subscribe".

Then go to your podcast section and it should show up there... just click and it will take you to the list of casts.
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:22 am

Not that your friendly wordtrip podcaster has DONE one in the last month or so...

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:28 pm

I'm sure chalresp was going to make a formal annoucement about this, but since he's out of town this week I wanted to mention it here until then.

There is a new podcast up. It is my interview with Brandon Sanderson at CONduit in Salt Lake City at the end of May. Both of Brandon's published books have been Book Club selections here at Wordtrip (Elantris and Mistborn: The Final Empire). The interview was a blast to do and he give a lot of information, inspiration and advice to writers. Be sure to go over and have a listen, just don't laugh at the sound of my voice please :? )
Is this my reality or yours?
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Cool Pen! Thanks for telling us.

Return to “Announcements”