HELLO IN THERE!

A lovely place to chat, post word games, escape momentarily from your writing, or just hang out.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

HELLO IN THERE!

Postby Mlou » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:02 pm

I came just to see if anyone was rattling around in here. Guess not! Miss you guys!
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
timberline
Wordtrip Junkie

Re: HELLO IN THERE!

Postby timberline » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Well, well, well, the Wordtrip site is still alive. I haven't been back here for over six months and am amazed to see the site is still alive. Well, Jillstar is still hanging out but everyone else has gone to ground.
 Cruising the Green of Second Avenue is available at Barnes & Noble and other online book sellers. More good stuff at http://allotropiclucubrations.blogspot.com
JillStar
Moderator+

Re: HELLO IN THERE!

Postby JillStar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Well Mlou and Timber...

I gave it a shot but no one really wants to come back to this site any more. I guess everyone is spending time on facebook, their own blogs, or other writing sites. It's okay... I'm just doing my own thing and writing for myself, primarily.

It's a let down for me that Wordtrip has passed the way of the dodo because the forum format is what I crave. I don't like FB as a community for writers... although... we do have our FB Wordtrip group but it's almost as dead as this site.

I understand the draw to blogs but the thing I love about forums is that everyone goes to the forum and visits the various threads, comments, and has a more productive time at it. With FB and blogs, you have to go to each person's site/page in order to see what each person is doing individually. It's exhausting.

I have/had a blog but don't do much with it right now because I'm not sure I want to publish my poetry online right now but also because no one really adds any comments that mean anything at all. I get "this is great" or "nice flow" or some other lame ass thing like that. Why do they do that? Well, because they just want others to follow them and praise whatever the hell they are doing on their blog. It's all fake and I don't have time for fake.

I was on AllPoetry with Mlou (still there) but dropped away because even that site has become full of people just wanting others to pat them on the back or tell them how awesome they are. Half of them couldn't take constructive feedback without crying in the corner or lashing out hateful words. I am not talking about Mlou (LOL) because she's awesome and has over 5000 poems. :shock:

Anyway... not sure if either of you will come back to see this post but... here it is... ;)
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts

Return to “The Coffee Shop”