The Current Poet--My New Project (Need your support)

Post your poetry, talk about well-known poets, work on your form, discus the unique difficulties of invoking a poetic muse, and more.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

funkywriter3
Wordtrip Junkie

The Current Poet--My New Project (Need your support)

Postby funkywriter3 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:17 am

Fellow Wordtrippers,
I have been dreaming about what type of poetry would be the topic of the first book that I will attempt to publish. It has finally come to me and it combines many of my passions.
Below is my description:
Current events are happening all around us and sometimes we are not informed. This site is devoted to contributors taking current events from their hometowns and posting it to the site. Then my job comes in--I take your news sources and write poetry out of that article. The Current Poet is here to serve the people and freedom of expression is the name of the game. If you don't want to post directly to the site, then send me an email at thecurrentpoet@yahoo.com with your selections.
http://www.thecurrentpoet.blogspot.com/
I also have a facebook writer page and it is just The Current Poet, so become a fan.
Please support this new endeavor. The poems I post are not edited and I will need feedback after I post them. Also, I need contributors, so please please contribute if you enjoy current events.

Thanks for reading!
" The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself."- Albert Camus

"Writers will happen in the best of families."
-Rita Mae Brown

" Do not ask a poet to explain himself, he cannot." - Plato
Aercastle

Postby Aercastle » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:21 am

I think you're onto something with this. Keep at it! I'm interested to see where this takes you.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:45 am

Hi, Funky! Glad to see you're "doing" things! :) You can find me more frequently at Allpoetry.com if you're interested. Love to have you pop in on Mlou and leave a message. You too, Aercastle. (I have a pal in Frederick.)
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America

Return to “Pondering Poetry - Share poems, work on form, learn types of poetry”