starting again

Post your poetry, talk about well-known poets, work on your form, discus the unique difficulties of invoking a poetic muse, and more.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie
Location: *Ohh*Why do you wanna know* -Gasp- * Are you a stalker?

starting again

Postby *Elle* » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Back to school
Starts again
For another year....
This means more...
Bullies
Drama
Boys..
Friends..
And more...
Both good and bad..
Back to school
Means another busy year..
Long tiring days
And tons of homework..
Oh dear lordy..
I wish it was still summer
So that
I wouldnt be going back to school
R.I.P. Mikey, Brandy and Chris
Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today.--James Dean
A life without cause is a life without effect--Barbella
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be.
mae
Wordtrip Grand Master
Location: Northwest corner of Washington state, snuggled up next to Canada

Postby mae » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Elle, I can tell this is heartfelt and I'm very sorry about that -- but -- this is SUCH an improvement on your past poetry! I can see a real maturing in your writing. You wondered once if you'd ever be able to write poetry well. I think, my dear, that you are on your way. The only critique I have is simply a personal preference and that's not to start each line with a capital letter unless it begins a new sentence. But then, you didn't really write in sentences, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Very well done, dear Elle.

mae
My heart beats in poetry. I think in rhythm and dream in rhyme.

Give me a crit! I can take it!

CELTIC QUEEN, an Epic Poem, Cynthia M. Bateman, amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore ... +Epic+Poem at Tate Publishing
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Mae's right...you are improving, Elle. School can be tough sometimes, I guess. But look at it this way, if you're going to school it means you're young and have a lifetime ahead. Old birds like me would probably like to be going back to school again! :-D
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Yup... it's a good poem Elle! And I remember feeling just like that. I always thought it was weird when kids wanted to be in school... course now that I'm not I can look back at MY summers and i really DID prefer being in school (at least those first few months) because I was bored to tears. :wink:
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie
Location: *Ohh*Why do you wanna know* -Gasp- * Are you a stalker?

Postby *Elle* » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Yes I think I am improving. Ive been trying to write a little each day..No matter what it is. My parents asked me the other day what I wished for the upcoming Christmas..And I have been thinking about it for a few days now..I really want them to let me attend a summer program through Teen Ink. It seems like a really good program..They think Im crazy...But hey Im gonna be 17 in November I dont see a big deal..In it..Younger kids than I have gone..And I think it will be a life changing experience..Maybe I can figure a way for them to agree
R.I.P. Mikey, Brandy and Chris

Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today.--James Dean

A life without cause is a life without effect--Barbella

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be.
Richard Howardson
Master Tripper

Postby Richard Howardson » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:58 pm

well Elle, I agree with the seniors. By seniors i mean senior members or high level member, not like old or something like that. Anyways, if you remember long back i told you how much fun i had when i was in school and you told me it's not the same for you. Well I forgot to tell you one thing, i had the same problems as yours. There were bullies, boring, tiring lectures and teachers who were more interested in busting us and taking us to the principal rather than teaching us. But then, i had my friends too. And together, we figured out every possible way to keep out of trouble, mostly escaping cuz we were the reason of trouble..lol. And even if we were busted, we always had that annoying smile on our faces :P
Lolz, i'm not suggesting you to create problems or something like that. Just remember that it's upto you how you live your life. Nobody controls your life but you. Figure out ways to have fun and i promise you'll see school life in a complete new light. You might think, easy said than done but trust me, it's a first hand experience. Take care and good luck.
We think we have learned how to care for someone if we know what makes them smile....but if we really care for someone, we should know what makes them cry!
©2008 Richard Howardson

Return to “Pondering Poetry - Share poems, work on form, learn types of poetry”