No Plot? No Problem!

A place for you writers to complain about your writing and the writing process... maybe posting what you got done today to make you feel like less of a writing failure.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

kamikazekelly
Wordtripper

Postby kamikazekelly » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:15 am

Hi, Bess.

I'm a newbie 'round here but I just wanted to drop you a line and say that you've TOTALLY inspired me to attempt the same thing. I picked up Baty's book, and now I can't wait to get started! (Once I finish reading the book, of course :))

You rock!
my finetuning profile
my Associated Content profile
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London
AlienEeeter
Wordtripper

Postby AlienEeeter » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:43 am

Hope you're doing aw well as you were 3 days ago. Are there any Ninjas yet? I think I'd better pick up that book before the next NaNoWriMo comes around.
Bess
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby Bess » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:52 am

7/16/05
Word count:

kami, I hope you find it as enriching as I have...I'll keep an eye out for your wordcounts and be as encouraging as everyone has been to me.

Sorry, Alien...no ninjas! As Romance takes up about 50% of the market and is supposedly the easiest genre to break into...my novel is in the sub-genre Time-Travel Romance. It is just my opinion but I think it is going to be pretty darn good!
:reading:
Copyright Brenda G. Evans 2008
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:59 am

I agree! (And I haven't even read it yet.) :-D
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
Bess
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby Bess » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:01 am

I had to take a break...the old RA protested and I had to take notice, but I'm rested and back at it...total word count 27,594

:D
Sakkasie
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Sakkasie » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:23 am

Go Bess, go. As a former 2004 NaNoWriMo participant, let me assure you, you'll never want to write again after you've done your 50,000 words. Wait, that's not right. Umm, Chris Baty's even finer in person! Umm, no. Let me try again. I know!

I'm a little teapot, short and stout.

Sakki
AlienEeeter
Wordtripper

Postby AlienEeeter » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:34 pm

LOL Crashed and burned, huh? It's okay, I didnt even finish last year.
Bess
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby Bess » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:26 am

29,095 words...

Sorry guys, didn't make the deadline, I had to stop to many times; however, on the days that I do write, I've been averaging around 2,000 words. Another way to look at it is 30 writing days and in that case, I still have 10 writing days to complete my 50 thousand. I realize that I'm bending the rules, BUT, if I were not disabled and taking meds that interfere with my mental process...perhaps I would have come closer to the goal...or not. :cry: On the other hand, I am still very impressed with myself for what I've accomplished so far and I am determined to trudge along until that goal is reached!

And guys...honestly, this experience has only solidified in my heart that I am indeed a writer and if anything, it has shown me that I can acomplish that which I have only dreamed of and I WILL continue to write and hopefully publish many novels. I believe God has put this dream in my heart and though my faith has went lacking in Him on occasion, I will show Him, His faith in me was justified...

Bess

Return to “Writing and Poetry Blogs”