Gina's writing ramblings

A place for you writers to complain about your writing and the writing process... maybe posting what you got done today to make you feel like less of a writing failure.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

angel
Master Tripper

Postby angel » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:57 am

The month of August was completely and totally insane writing wise, so I wasn't able to check in here. I'm still around and writing up a storm. I hit gold in the monthly writing challenge. I wrote a lot, and I never found time to make it here. I'm working on two current WIP's, and I completed a short this month that i'm looking to submit somewhere soon. My nonfiction is still doing well, and I've just been writing my fingers off.

My latest endeavor is a blog just for my reviews. I tend to write a lot of reviews for different sites. I write reviews for television shows, movies, music releases and books. Instead of having them spread everywhere, I made one central location. They will still appear on the sites they regularly appear on, but also my new review blog.

So I introduce to you One Couch Critic.
Last edited by angel on Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:17 pm

I noticed you were right up there with the two that did NaNoWriMo trial runs. Congrats on the massive total of words!
angel
Master Tripper

Postby angel » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:07 pm

Thank you! I'm taking it easy for a few days, but jumping right back in soon.
angel
Master Tripper

Postby angel » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:28 pm

This has been in the works for the last couple of weeks, but I wanted to wait for everything to be settled before I posted. I have been added onto the staff on a major television site as a blogger and forum leader. I guess you can call me your everyday television critic now. As some of you might recall over the summer, I had a column over on Gaywired and other sites reviewing Queer as Folk. Well, earlier this month, I started my own review blog. It's doing quite well with almost 4,000 hits in the first month.

About a week after I started it, I applied for an editor job late one night over at Media Village. Heard back within the hour with them asking if I wanted to come on staff as a blogger and forum leader. The rest as they say is history. This is a decent paying position that will give me the chance to work on my fiction more as well. Not worrying as much about money will make me more creative. Good thing in my opinion.

My blog Thoughts from the Couch went live today, and my forums covering Lost, The OC and Grey's Anatomy went up last week.

I'm very excited about this, and I think it is great opportunity to extend my nonfiction writing career.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:56 pm

That's great news, Angel!
angel
Master Tripper

Postby angel » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:03 pm

Thank you!
angel
Master Tripper

Postby angel » Tue May 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Call this a comeback? I wasn't even sure this would be still be here, but I checked a few pages back and there it was! I'm still writing non-fiction. Right now, I work for a few sites. I submit reviews for Blogcritics. I do this free stuff. Not bad because I usually do DVD reviews, and those can cost a nice penny. Right now, I also work for site called Teevieo covering television news and gossip. Last week, I was hired for Today.com as a celebrity gossip blogger. That's the new thing.

As for fiction, I sold my first story late last year. Finally. A short gay erotic short that was published in March. I'm working on another story right now. It is just under 7,000 words, and it is really slow going right now. Almost like pulling teeth, but I am almost at the end. I think another 3,000 words. I'm bouncing around another in my head, but I haven't started it yet.

Things are hectic on the non-fiction front right now with the set-up of my new blog, so that has been draining my time. I need to jump start the fiction every so often. I need someone to give me a kick every so often I think!
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed May 21, 2008 10:32 am

Congrats on the good news!

I think we could all use a kick in the pants to get us writing. I know I sure could. If you need a jump start why not spend some time browsing through our challenges. Pick something that intrigues you or just try something for fun that you wouldn't otherwise do.
Is this my reality or yours?

Return to “Writing and Poetry Blogs”