Hiss's Writer's Blog/log

A place for you writers to complain about your writing and the writing process... maybe posting what you got done today to make you feel like less of a writing failure.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Hiss's Writer's Blog/log

Postby Hissmonster » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:40 am

Hey thought I would start one just to keep track of things

Heard from Craig, he loves his new job, new apartment and is still in a whirl wind of change so is begging to put off real work on BDD until the Spring. He says I can beat on him later for this, and I will.

Week started off great!, but fizzled by Friday/Saturday. Real life decided I needed to be away from my computer. Was selected to perform (IN PUBLIC) at a Bellydancing demonstration on 2/29, so had to attend rehearsals! Boy, do I need them!

With that and finishing off tutoring sessions for my students with mid-terms, i've been taken away from writing since Thursday night.

Though I promise to finish off my contest entry and the next installment for Death to the Road Runner on Sunday!@

That's the immediate goal.

On the book front, been doing lots of brainstorming writing on Wishes, need to go back and take a look at where I am.

I love this forum though, nice place to vent &/or just be playful
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:00 pm

Added 796 in tag-writing but nothing else new today.

Spent too much time horsing around and not focusing on projects.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:47 pm

Writing took a backseat to photography today.

I have one an outstanding achievement award for which I now have write a speech and they want me to present a portfolio of my best work. Oh, Boy... that's going to be fun!

Will get back to my writing tomorrow after I sort all this out. Yipee.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:42 pm

Well my notebook of handwritten notes on Wishes is sitting in my bag in front of me, but I just can seem to bring myself to hauling it out and and adding it to my computer text.

Instead I've written a little piece making fun of Valentine's Day and the belief we can be forced in to romance at someone else's will.

Not bad though...Word count 1020.

It's real loose, wrote it without looking back for edits, will go and have another look at it later, but it wouldn't be productive to do so tonight.

So I think I will play with who ever is online.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:56 am

Nothing today, but didn't expect to do any real writng.

Have pulled off a couple of postings to add my comments tomorrow.

Maybe, compile a reading list for the reading group to post as possibilities.

Like the new contest...got start thinking of ideas :wink:
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:43 am

Jill has scampered ahead of me today! Will have to work a bit I guess.

Can't get focused on the tasks at hand though too much pulling me in different directions.

going to roll with it though and see where it takes me, making notes all the way for I have several story ideas brewing already.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:42 pm

remind me never to take a day off from email.

Boy I thought every body would be off smooching on Valentine's day!
Nope, just finished my emails now.

I guess they don't count as writing.

It's nearly midnight and I am the only one that has to work in the morning!

Yuk!

I hate going to work when everyone else stays warm and toasting snoozing! Doesn't put me in the mood to do anything. So I will regroup for tomorrow.
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:57 am

I understand about the email thing... or I did when I was working. Hopefully I'll be working again by the first part of March and then we'll see what kind of email I have to deal with.

And no... deary... emails don't count as word count. :)
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:51 pm

Darn It!

Thanks for the response, although I wasn't complaining on the other thread, just wanted him to know which ones got the most reactions from readers thus far and since we only have three in action, I figured he should check out yours or Charles' to see what type of response he can expect at any given time :D

But thanks for the response...it was lonely in hissworld@ :P
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:39 pm

MANAGED TO SNEAK AWAY FROM MY STUDENTS TO GET SOME WRITING IN ON WISHES.

God I hate school vacations! Why is it that teachers (for my students) lay on so many vacation projects!

I'm working on theme projects for India and Ireland as well as three science experiments and a full blown art presentation. And these are just the local kids!

UGH!!

Getting a handle on my moderating duties as well as the welcome wagon... should be able to get this into a system that allows me more time for my own writing and some critiquing...I still owe Wolfie my $.02.

In what's left of my spare time I'm reading 6 books and rehearsing for bellydancing on the 29th...somebody shoot me now! I need a nap
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:43 pm

I have a vhs around here somewhere that I used to follow for bellydancing. That stuff is exhausting!

At least between the two of us we add up to $.04. :)

Sometime in the future I think we should have a chat room on here... not to distract from the reason we're here but for doing classes and stuff like that (and chatting of course).
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:47 pm

that sounds interesting. I think Charles told one of the newbies that he was looking into it with a tentative date sometime next month!

Of course if he wants input...I'll send him a list (he,he)

We can start with virtual belly dancing how to make your computer screen do the camel walk :P
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:51 pm

LOL

I'm just hoping it's a nice chat room and not one of those that gives you the option to link to adult chat and other such things. There's one like that on writerbuddy and I don't like it at all so I never go in there. I just think it would be cool if we had a calendar that said on a particular night we meet to discuss something (world building, etc).
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:53 pm

Now I don't think I nailed down next MONTH... but I'm looking at options. There's some IRC services that will let you set up a java client or use mIRC for it... and I've never had an adult content problem with them... I'm just not sure I'm up for maintaining that just yet :D And I'm also not sure I don't want something more integrated.

CharlesP

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:01 am

no darling

You were terribly non-committal. I wasn't sure whether you would start looking next month or the chat room would be up next month...I had planned to ask you about that :lol:
EZ
Master Tripper

Postby EZ » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:42 am

Hissmonster wrote:I'm working on theme projects for India

i hope i'm not intruding but this kinda caught my eye coz i live in India. may i ask whats it about?
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:18 pm

Sure,

It's based on a fictional book, in which the girl is married (arranged marriage) to a boy (they are both in their young teens), she's not treated very well by his family and comes to find out that the boy was dying and the whole marriage was arranged to get her dowry, so they would have money for a doctor.

The boy dies anyway and the girl after being treated like a servant by her in-laws is abandoned soon after her father in law's death. It is a happy end though, for she meets another and after a longer courtship he marries her and takes her home with him.

NOW:

The project is for the students to research mordern day India and see how much of the Fictional tale would hold true today, and compare how the customs and cultures of India differ from their own customs and cultures. (Mind you this is not a US student, she's from London).

Any input you would be willing to share, I would appreciate.

Currently she's getting her research from second hand sources such as the library and internet. I think she would love having a primary source.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:45 am

Well it's 1:30 in the morning and there aren't many on to play with tonight. That's good in a way, since I'm soooooo far behind on my promised postings! I need the quiet just to catch up.

Checked out the short story contest board, there weren't many entries, so I posted on.

It is a fictionalized version of my sister's car accident around 1100 words.

Should make charles happy, I promised him an entry a while back, forgot which one I was going to submit, so made up a new one.

I guess I will stay up a bit more and if there is no one to play with, I will just read one of the many, many books I've got going right now. Since I don't feel like writing anymore tonight...hey but that could change, still. the night is young and I don't work on Sundays :D
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:37 pm

Well it's been awhile.

Didn't think that I could get sick enough to keep me from working on something!

(not counting wk, tutoring & general chatter)

Got back into writing last night..sent BobbyB about 400 words (a little less) for the horror tag. That's sparse for me.

Craig checked in on Saturday. Poor boy is having a bit of a difficult time settling in. He doesn't give himself enough credit...he's made a huge life change and expects it to be running smoothly in only 2 months. Spent Sunday trying to cheer him up. I was in a good mood on Sunday.

Monday was my 1st full day at work, and it nearly killed me! I can't believe how tired I was, but managed to get the Easter stuff to Charles and the Tag stuff posted.

Worked a little on Black Dog tonight...just sent it to Craig for thoughts...probably won't get a response til Thursday, knowing him...but I'm real tired now...the doc was right to tell me to take it slow, not my style though.

I guess I will go to bed early tonight....
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:07 pm

I hope you're actually feeling back to normal soon if you're still feeling down. Going back to work sometimes just doesn't make things better. :)
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:06 pm

Get better, Hiss. I know the down time is killing you, but your still.
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:43 pm

Thanks guys!

Feeling better today. Went to bed around 9 last night!

this will be an early night too, (for the computer) have to watch Kingdom Hospital premiere! :shock:
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:45 pm

Hmmm... something's weird... I went to bed around 2:30am and lay there until 3:30 listening to headphones. I have no idea why I couldn't fall to sleep accept that I was thinking about a story.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:15 pm

that sounds interesting and what story was it?
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:18 pm

the story I'm working on with DimMak and Anblick. We're working on a cross-over story and it's getting very interesting right now... so I was thinking about my portion and where I want my story to go. Hence... no sleepy for jilly.

Return to “Writing and Poetry Blogs”