pen to paper, write (repeat)

A place for you writers to complain about your writing and the writing process... maybe posting what you got done today to make you feel like less of a writing failure.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 pm

You could always end it by saying, "It was my lucky day. Death turned out to be a vegetarian."
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 am

You know I'm very happy with some people's success when it comes to writing. I love reading Jamie's tweets about all his NY Times Bestselling promotions he's doing. And I love the success that Brandon Sanderson is having. I really think he's a writer that can make changes to the fantasy genre for the better (no more elves, orcs and whatnots as "mandatory"). But I was a little frustrated and discouraged when I read BS's latest post about all the books he has coming out, or plans to write. It made me think of what I've been doing in my writing life: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! I need to change that.

p.s. my old keyboard doesn't want to use the space bar any more so I'm trying out an extra one from my brother. I like the touch of the keys but they stick a lot so I'm having to correct a lot of typos (at least the ones I catch). Let's just say it's not helping matters.
Is this my reality or yours?
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:00 pm

No, I haven't written anything. But . . . I did buy some magazines. I was at Barnes & Noble and thumbed through their writing section of mags. I grad a couple and bought them. I also got Asimov's and Analog too. I haven't felt like writing much of anything lately but I'm starting to again. I just have to figure out how to have enough time for all my hobbies.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Never. Never enough time for all the hobbies. Dang work ...
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:08 pm

yeah too many hobbies... writing, blogging, web development, programming, building puppets, carving marionettes... and this week in the snow I'm trying to pick up knitting (I want to make myself a Doctor Who scarf).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:25 pm

I don't know how to knit, but I know how to crochet (Hobby #4).
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:56 am

Always loved to knit and crochet (but I hate sewing)...haha Fingers aren't too good for needlework now, though, but happily they do fine on the keyboard! :)
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:38 pm

charlesp wrote:yeah too many hobbies... writing, blogging, web development, programming, building puppets, carving marionettes... and this week in the snow I'm trying to pick up knitting (I want to make myself a Doctor Who scarf).

Do I even need to say it?
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:08 pm

I bought a magnetic poetry calendar this year and for awhile I didn't know where I put it. I found it recently and decided to finally put it up on cube at work (to try and make things better for me there--see personal blog rant). I played around with the words for a couple of days and I came up with this poem (they didn't have the words that I really wanted):

baked gray by the sun
of winter dreams
night comes between
imagination

I don't suppose it means anything to you guys but it means a lot to me, but I'm not sure I could explain it. I think I might have to find that Poetry in Motion site again and play around there. No promises.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:43 am

I've done a few poems since my last one, but I didn't write any of them down. Here's my latest one:

Between party tricks
and moon blossoms
I giggle the essence of gray

(Please don't ask me what it means. There's something about it that just FEELS right.)
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:07 pm

I get that... the writing of something and not knowing what it means. It sounds pretty and it seems that it should make sense but ya... I'm not sure exactly what it means.

Let's see... it sounds as if the subject (you or me as the reader) feels she is boring in reality but is playing the part of making appearances (say at parties) and it occurs night after night (or year after year) and still she finds herself to be boring. And yet... still dang happy about it, hense the giggling. :)

You know... I kind of like it. :wink:
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:49 pm

When you fall
or play with fire
it's time to take a holiday

I remember I very much wanted to get out of the office they day I 'wrote' that but it was so long ago I can't remember why.

Return to “Writing and Poetry Blogs”