A New Chapter

A place for you writers to complain about your writing and the writing process... maybe posting what you got done today to make you feel like less of a writing failure.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Well, hi Funky! So happy that you're doing well and sound happy and productive. And that you've kept writing. Wonderful!
YES!! By all means, jump into some of the poetry challenges. We've all been slacking lately :), so it's good to have some more action.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
funkywriter3
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby funkywriter3 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Four months later:
While in New York I got to read an original poem at the UN Global Launch for the International Year of Youth. There is a recording floating around online. I started my Junior year here in Bham and I am staying super busy but hoping to add some of my new work here at Wordtrip. I need some feedback before sending it off to journals. Also, I am taking fiction workshop and so I will put a few of those pieces up, but I am enjoying the challenge and trying to keep up with poetry.
:D
" The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself."- Albert Camus

"Writers will happen in the best of families."
-Rita Mae Brown

" Do not ask a poet to explain himself, he cannot." - Plato
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:57 am

Good to see you back.
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Bess
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby Bess » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:01 am

I'm just going to jump in with my 2 cents worth. As this is a fantasy, why not throw in a little something supernatural? You said the young girl was visiting her grandparents, who were remodeling their home. I've heard that remodeling usually stirs up a few ghosts. In any case, I think it's great that you are writing. Keep on keeping on...
Copyright Brenda G. Evans 2008
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:07 am

Bess...wonderful to see you popping in! I've been a truant myself.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America

Return to “Writing and Poetry Blogs”