...on and on we stand alone... // Dreamcatcher's Journal

A place for you writers to complain about your writing and the writing process... maybe posting what you got done today to make you feel like less of a writing failure.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Dreamcatcher
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Dreamcatcher » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:58 pm

Delaney, have a look at my website - pretty much all of my writing is there. It's only one facet of fan fiction, though - try searching on Google to find more.
Slán go fóill,

Aeryn @-->--- | My writing space | The Tightrope

Magick is Intention amplified by Emotion
Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:09 am

Turned 20 yesterday :) Got one present (for now anyway; my friend Ashley is sending me some stuff from the USA) - a brand new digital camera from my parents. Old camera:

And my new camera:

Haven't got much writing done in the past few days, I probably would have got a great deal done today if I hadn't mislaid my glasses! I eventually found them down the side of my bed of all places. I'm going to try and work on Seven tonight, maybe my new piece (I'm With You, working title only) if I feel like it.
Slán go fóill,

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:11 am

Nice camera... I'm in the market for one some time in the future. Let me know how it works!
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:59 pm

Well, I have made a start on rewriting Immortal - I decided against using my original title, but have instead retitled it Never To Leave Me. And the first chapter is the longest I have ever written - 13 pages, and 5,763 words. Though I'm tossing up between the names 'Jesse' and 'Taylor' for one of the characters - I love both names, but...

*sigh* I guess I'll figure it out eventually. First chapter is here if anyone would like to read it.
Slán go fóill,

Aiden

Postby Aiden » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:25 am

There's a song about a Jesse Taylor.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:41 am

When I'm in serious writing mode, a lot of times I won't even worry about names: I'll just type a letter . . ."T." or something . . . when the character figures out what his or her name is, I can always do a "replace all" with the proper name.

How did I ever write before computers?

Anyway, read about half your story. Looks good so far! Keep it up.
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:56 am

I've made a decent start at writing Never To Leave Me - current word count is 11,675, over 27 pages - I'm averaging 13 pages a chapter, and for the most part it's just copying and pasting sections from the other version (though I am changing some parts). The hard work is yet to come - the reason I'm rewriting Not Such An Innocent Girl / Immortal is because I wanted to explore the 'missing months' that weren't chronicled in the original pieces. I had those pieces separated into parts, and all up there are nine entire months missing from the story - six months between part one and part two, and three months between part two and part three. I particularly want to explore the downward spiral of one of my characters. Should be interesting. Jury is still out on the 'Jesse/Taylor' name dilemma.

I've also started writing yet another new piece, as yet untitled. Normally when I start writing something, I have a title all ready to go. But this time...I spent at least an hour trying to think of a title, which I'd probably change anyway, but to no avail. So it's going to stay untitled for a while yet. We'll see what happens.
Slán go fóill,

Nephtalius

Postby Nephtalius » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:15 am

Aiden wrote:There's a song about a Jesse Taylor.

Yeah, I remember that.

They baptized Jesse Taylor in Cedar Creek last Sunday.
Everybody cheered when Jesse's head went under,
'cuz this time he went under for the Lord
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle. -- Bucky in the Get Fuzzy comic strip.
Aiden

Postby Aiden » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:35 pm

Yep, that's the one. And today, I heard it on the radio for the first time. My cousin knows it, and I learned the words and tune from him, but I had never heard it until today.
Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:58 pm

I tried to post this yesterday, but my browser threw a fit *kicks MSN Explorer* Anyway...

----

Once again, I have overestimated my writing abilities.

I cannot consistently write thirteen page, five thousand word chapters. It is literally an exercise in futility.

That said, Never To Leave Me is going very well – 13,773 words, five chapters, 35 pages. I've made a start at writing chapter 6. I ended up chopping chapter 1 and chapter 2 in half, which makes it a bit more manageable - other people may be able to write long chapters, but I can't. And I have finally resolved the name dilemma - seeing as I love both 'Jesse' and 'Taylor', I've named that character 'Jesse Taylor Bennett'. All other names will be remaining as is.

I thought I might share an excerpt from NTLM with you all, just to give you all a general idea of my writing style. What I like about my style is that nobody, unless they are familiar with my fandom, knows that what I write is fan fiction unless I tell them outright (I write mostly alternate universe and alternate history stories) - I wrote one for my 2003 NaNo, shared it with a fellow NaNo'er, and she didn't realise that I had written a fanfic. I am so sneaky *chuckles* Anyway, what follows is part of chapter 5. FYI: Aidan and Ebony are my narrating MCs. In addition, I am a sadist, but only in the literary sense.

----

Aidan

I opened one eye as Ebony left the room; I hadn’t even realised that she’d come in. In the bunk below mine, I could hear bedsprings squeaking; putting two and two together, I figured that Ebony had come in to check on Taylor before she went to bed. I smiled a little, knowing that it was just like her to do that – she was going to make one hell of a mother someday.

But a little voice in the back of my mind told me that something was up. So, in an attempt not to wake Taylor, I climbed down out of my bed and set off through the darkness to my sister’s bedroom.

I turned on the lamp that sat on Ebony’s bedside table – it was a stained-glass touchlamp that I’d bought her for her eighteenth birthday – and knelt on the floor, then shook her gently by the shoulder. “Ebony, wake up,” I whispered. She opened her eyes and blinked a few times in an effort to focus.

“What?” she asked. “I was asleep for crying out loud.”

“I know you were, and I’m sorry. But…” I sighed. “Did something happen? I heard you leave my room, and I figured something was up.” She nodded. “What happened?” I asked gently.

She didn’t say anything for about ten seconds; when she finally did speak, it was plainly obvious that she’d been crying. “I was going to bed, and Tay wasn’t in bed when I went into your room. So I went looking for him.”

“And…” I prompted.

“He was in the bathroom, and he was throwing up.” She sighed shakily. “Ayd, he’s really sick. It’s way worse than the last time this happened. When’s he going to start getting better?”

“I don’t know, Ebs,” I admitted, then sighed. “Ebony, we have to stay strong. If not for ourselves, at least for Tay. He’s our brother, and he needs us. It’s the least we can do for him. We can’t give up now.”

Ebony snorted. “Easy for you to say,” she retorted bitterly. “You’re not the one who found him throwing up in the bathroom with his hair all falling out.”

“His hair’s falling out?” I whispered.

Ebony nodded. “Yeah.” She rolled onto her back and stared up at the ceiling. “I keep hoping that this is just a dream, that I’ll wake up and everything will be okay.” She looked at me. “Why does this keep happening to us, Aidan?” she asked. “It’s like we’re cursed or something…”

“We’re not cursed, Ebony.”

“It sure as hell feels that way.”

“I know; believe me, I know.” I looked at the display of Ebony’s digital alarm clock; it read 2:10. “Ebony, it’s ten past two in the morning. Zac and the rugrats are gonna be up in five hours to go to school, and we both have work. So I suggest you get some sleep. I promise you, Ebony, we will make it through this. Tay’ll get better soon.”

“You don’t sound so sure.”

“Ebony, I swear to you, Taylor will be fine. I promise. Okay?” My sister nodded. “Go back to sleep.” I squeezed her left shoulder gently and got to my feet, then switched the lamp off. And as I left the room, I said quietly to myself, “At least…I hope so.”

Back in my room, knelt down on the floor at Taylor’s side. Tay was lying on his stomach, face turned towards me, arms folded beneath his pillow. Even in sleep, tears were trickling from his eyes.

I gently placed my hand on his shoulder; he stirred slightly but didn’t wake up. I knew he was in a pretty deep sleep. Even so, I spoke to him softly in case I woke him.

“Ebony’s really scared, Tay. I can’t even begin to tell you what she’s going through; this is hell for her. It’s hell for all of us.” I sighed. “Tay, ya gotta fight this. Please…don’t give up.”

“I’m not going to give up,” Taylor mumbled sleepily; he opened one eye and squinted at me. “Pigs’ll fly before that ever happens.”

I grinned at my brother. “You feeling all right?”

“Aidan, I’m having chemotherapy. How do you think I’m feeling?”

“I was just asking.”

“I know you were. Sorry.” He pulled one of his hands out from under his pillow and placed it on top of mine. “I feel a bit better than I have been, but I still feel like sh!#.”

I sighed. “Ebony told me that your hair’s been falling out.”

“It started a few days ago,” he confirmed quietly.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked; he didn’t answer, but shrugged my hand off his shoulder and turned his face away. “Tay, c’mon.”

“Maybe I didn’t tell you because I would rather not be reminded of this more than I have to be,” he said finally, and I knew the subject was closed – I wasn’t going to get anything else out of him. I sighed and stood up, then climbed back up into bed.

“Tay, if this wasn’t happening, what would you want to do with your life?” I asked as I tried to find a comfortable spot.

He answered without missing a beat. “Music. You, me, Ebony, and maybe Zac if we could con him into it.”

“Everyone has their dreams,” I agreed. “I’d love to get into the music business one of these days.”

“You should. If I don’t make it through this, you and Ebony should go ahead and make music together.”

“Tay, you’re gonna get better. You’re gonna make it through this.”

“I’m just thinking of the future, Aidan. Someone has to; it might as well be me.”

I rolled my eyes. “Go to sleep, Tay. Heaven only knows you need it.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

Before long the only sound I could hear was Taylor’s quiet breathing, and I sighed. If this was hell for the rest of us, I knew it had to be the equivalent of torture for him.

I lay awake for a while, just thinking about what he had said about what he wanted to do with his life. I knew he was an amazingly talented musician, and he’d definitely do well if that was what he ended up doing. I had the same aspirations, only I tended to lean more towards guitar than piano. But I knew that if he didn’t get better, that if we ended up losing him…I’d never be able to go through with it. And I also knew that losing him, if that was what ended up happening, was going to tear this family apart.

Ebony

I came home from work a few days later to find Aidan sitting on the floor in front of the TV, which wasn’t all that unusual. The fact that he had our father’s video camera connected to the TV, and was also wearing headphones, was the unusual part.

“Aidan, what in the world are you doing?” I asked him. When I didn’t get an answer, I rolled my eyes and headed into the kitchen; Mum was sitting at the small table in there, reading the newspaper – the Coffs Harbour Advocate, I guessed. She looked up as I sat down next to her.

“What in the world is Aidan doing?” I asked point-blank.

“He’s been helping Taylor to make a video for your sister,” she answered.

“Mum, I have three sisters; specifics would be appreciated.”

She sighed. “It’s for Zoë.”

I frowned. “Why would he do that?”

“He’s positive that Zoë won’t remember him if he doesn’t…make it through this.”

“That’s ridiculous. Of course she’ll remember him; Zoë thinks the world of him. I can remember things from when I was four, so why shouldn’t she?”

Mum sighed again. “Ebony, you may be able to, but it doesn’t mean that other people do.” She looked back down at the newspaper. “What’s one thing you remember from when you were four?”

“The lorikeet incident,” I said after a couple of seconds. “We’d all gone down to Ulladulla on holiday as usual, and Tay got chased around by a solitary lorikeet. The damn thing wouldn’t leave him alone until Dad used Isaac’s slingshot to fling a rock at it.” I chuckled at the memory. “Scarred him for life that did.”

“Well, Taylor doesn’t remember that.”

“He would’ve blocked it out, Mum.”

“That’s just it, Ebony. He told me that the earliest memory he has is from when he was ten. He doesn’t just ‘block things out’.”

“Oh…” I looked down at my hands. “He’s going to get better, right?” I asked quietly.

“In time,” Mum replied. She looked over at the kitchen doorway. “Tay, what are you doing up?”

I looked back over my shoulder. Taylor stood in the doorway; he was leaning heavily on his crutches. “Hey,” I said, offering him a smile; he managed a small smile in return.

“I couldn’t sleep,” he said; he came over to the table and sat down next to me. “I just…I kept thinking about everything, and it kept me awake.” He sighed a little. “Ironic, isn’t it; I’m exhausted, and yet…I can’t sleep.”

Mum smiled a little. “Are you up to eating anything?” she asked; Taylor shook his head. “Tay, you need to eat.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“How about I make you some soup; does that sound okay?”

He sighed again. “Fine; I don’t care.”

There was quiet for some time. “Mum told me you’re making a video for Zoë,” I said; he nodded, looking down at the table and tracing an invisible pattern with his right index finger. “What for?” I already knew the answer, but I wanted to hear him say it.

“She’s not going to remember me,” he said quietly. “She’s four years old, Ebony – I can’t expect that much from her.”

“You don’t know that she won’t,” I said.

He looked at me. “Ebony, tell me honestly – would you want to remember this if you were her age? She doesn’t even know what death is yet, and she’s going to find out too damn soon for my liking.”

“You’re not going to die, Tay,” I said.

“I wish I could be as positive as you are.”

“I’m not trying to be positive. You’ve got too much to live for, and you’re strong – you’ll beat this. I know you will.”

“Can we please stop talking about this?” he asked.

“Yeah, sure,” I agreed. I gave him what was meant to be a reassuring smile, which he didn’t return; I caught one fleeting glimpse of the pain in his eyes before he looked away.

----

Background info: Aidan, Ebony and Taylor are triplets, and Taylor has cancer - to be exact, acute monocytic leukaemia. And I assure you all, it was not my idea to unleash my sadistic side - I collaborated on the original version with my friend Ashley, who is just as twisted as I am. I therefore give her full credit.

Speaking of NaNoWriMo, I'm itching to make a start on my 2004 NaNo novel - I'm planning to write the sequel to my 2003 novel. *whines* I can't wait four months!

I need to get cracking on Seven, I haven't worked on it in a few weeks. And I need to find the motivation to work on Star. This is so annoying... *bangs head*
Slán go fóill,

Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:37 am

I really have been neglecting this, haven't I?

Writing is going well. I'm nearly finished Never To Leave Me - I have two or three chapters plus the epilogue to go. The funny thing is that I have the whole lot written out in my head, yet when I go to actually write it's tricky getting just one word down. Word count for NTLM is 41,324. Angel is almost at the 32K mark, while Seven has 12,605 words. I don't have an exact word count for Star, as the book is currently separated into three different files, but it's somewhere in the low eighty-thousand region. I'll have been working on it for a year in September, which is when I'm aiming to have Part 3 complete. September will be busy for more than one reason - I'm going to be in England for the majority, something I'm not looking forward to in the slightest (though I am looking forward to meeting my friend Ashley in NY for the first time - we're going to England, France and America), but the 23-hour flight to Heathrow should provide ample writing time. That is, if my muse doesn't decide to take off into the wide blue yonder just as we're boarding... *makes a mental note to chain her muse to her ankle to prevent this happening* If nothing else, being awake for more than a day should prove interesting when it comes to write! We'll see what happens, there's still a whole month before we leave. This would be one time when a laptop would be very useful...
Slán go fóill,

Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:17 am

Again I have been neglecting my journal...

I've been doing a lot of writing lately, and I've also been making dolls of the main female characters in Star, Never To Leave Me and Angel, and I'm going to make the dolls for the MFCs in Seven ASAP. I've been searching the Internet for pictures, and a few days ago I realised that I've been wasting my time - why look for photos when I can make them? I can't draw, so making graphics is really the only way to go. Credit for these goes to eLouai's Candybar Doll Maker.

Image Image Image

[l-r] Schuyler, MFC for Never To Leave Me and Angel; Quinn, second MFC for Angel; Tabitha, MFC for Star.

Leaving for the UK in two weeks time, thereabouts. My next update will probably in a couple of months, depending on how often I can get online.
Slán go fóill,

Hyker
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby Hyker » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:22 am

OMGosh, you are a prolific writer aren't you? I wish I had that much time and motivation. Your energy inspires me.
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"
~Erma Bombeck

www.HykersTrails.com

Postby Dreamcatcher » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:37 am

Yeah, well, I don't work, so... *shrug* Plus I'm always coming up with new ideas for my pieces - if I don't get them written down then I fear my head is going to explode! *chuckles*
Slán go fóill,

Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:10 am

It's done. Never To Leave Me is finally finished.

I've been trying to get Chapter 15 written for a whole month - I even resorted to writing the last chapter just so I could say that I'd actually done some work on it. I wanted to get it done before I left Australia (next Tuesday), as I already have enough work printed out to tide me over for the next five weeks - my backpack is going to be heavy enough as it is, without carting around all of my work with me. 16 chapters, 104 A4 pages (10 pt News Gothic MT), 47,629 words. If anyone wants to read it, it's linked via my FictionPress profile - click on 'My writing space' in my signature.

This will be my absolute last update until I get home in October - I'll be back as soon as possible after I get back to Albion Park.
Slán go fóill,

Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:00 pm

I'm back.

I got a fair bit of writing done, but when you consider how long I was actually out of the country it really isn't much. I finished Angel when I was in Liverpool, and right now I'm working on getting it all polished. I'm hoping that it won't take too long, but you never know with me - it's taken me a whole month to half-finish chapter 31 of Star, and I had plenty of opportunities to work on it.

Though when you consider it, the economy class cabin of a 747 isn't really the best place to write...

Oh well, what's done is done. I should pick up the pace within a week or so.
Slán go fóill,

Hyker
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby Hyker » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:21 am

You sound like quite the traveler. I guess a seat on a 747 isn't too bad a place though. It's not like you can get up and go to a movie to provrastinate.
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

~Erma Bombeck

www.HykersTrails.com

Postby Dreamcatcher » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:25 am

Well, I have most definitely picked up the pace again - I finished chapter 32 of Star last night (current word count is approx. 91K), and I'm hoping to have chapter 33 done by Sunday week. NaNo here we come!

I'm also in the middle of putting the final, finishing touches on the original fiction incarnations of Never To Leave Me and Angel - I added a little something to the very end of NTLM, a monologue from my FMC's POV. I originally had it as a short story, and I'll leave it as such, but I had to take the lyrics out for publishing purposes. I think it works really well as it is right now. Well, I like it anyway. I just need to get the covers for those two books made up, then I can start the publishing process - should be a cinch, particularly since I have Adobe Photoshop 7 on my computer now. I'll post a link to my online store when I get a chance.

Speaking of my computer, I finally ditched my secondhand piece of crap - I now have a semi-new IBM Aptiva with a Pentium 3 processor, running Windows XP Professional. My parents' computer only has XP Home *snickers* My new computer is actually my family's old computer, but who am I to complain - it works like a dream, much better than my old one. All I need to do is take all the junk off that isn't mine, uninstall a few non-essential programs (which is most of them) and everything will be sweet.

And speaking of NaNo, I've had this year's story idea kicking around since I finished last year. I only need to iron out some of the details, find one more character photo, redo the family tree that I was making and I should be right to begin the writing process. It's a sequel to last year's novel, and hopefully I'll get a better word count this year.

*contemplation mode* I wonder how I can work Broken (Seether/Amy Lee), Ticket To Heaven (3 Doors Down) and Last Thing (Diana Anaid) into the story...
Slán go fóill,

Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:38 am

And it has begun.

NaNoWriMo began sixteen and a half hours ago for me, and I've started out quite nicely - 2 150 so far today. That's the prologue and about half of the first chapter written, and it'll be a good deal more by the time I get done with it tonight, I can assure you. I've been timing myself as I write, and so far today I've written for two hours and ten minutes. I figure I'm pretty much on track to finish in time - well, here's hoping anyway.

Next update when I've got a decent amount written.
Slán go fóill,

Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:20 am

Almost the end of Week One of NaNoWriMo, and I've churned out the grand total of 9,774 words - I'm a little behind, but I should have at least 10K by the end of tonight.

If there's one downside to having a decent computer in my bedroom though, it's that I'm lacking a decent chair to sit in. And it's quite a distraction - one is hard wood and quite uncomfortable, and the other is broken (the backrest snapped off five or six months ago). I figure I can attribute that alone to only being up to halfway through chapter 2.

Speaking of my computer, just because it's one of two decent computers in this house does not give others licence to barge in my room and use it without my permission. Which is precisely what my father did today. He came in while I was still asleep and proceeded to close down all of the programs I had open, then he started clicking around my desktop looking for the program I use to burn CDs. Of course, the clicking of the mouse woke me up - I thought it was the radio, but then I sat up, and who should be sitting there? My father. I asked him what the hell he was doing, and he said he was burning a CD. I explicitly told him that I was never burning CDs on my computer ever again, unless it was composed of MP3s I had downloaded, because the burning process SLOWS MY COMPUTER DOWN. I had to reboot it four times yesterday because it kept freezing on me. Why can't he do it on the other computer? It's not like it's impossible - hell, even my brother can do it. iTunes, duh... Anyway, I yelled at him to get the hell out and tried to get back to sleep. How would he like it if I barged into his room when he was asleep and started going through his things? He wouldn't - I'd get a smack around the head for that. And he wonders why I don't respect him. :roll:

Anyway, I still have about 3.5 hours of writing time left today, so I should probably get cracking. I'm hoping to get chapter 2 finished tonight.
Slán go fóill,

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:17 am

Dream, for the record, what your father did would REALLY piss me off, too . . . and as a father, I try to respect my son's privacy and his stuff. I mean, I'm still the boss and everything, but c'mon . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:36 pm

It's official. I HATE NOVEMBER!

1. NaNoWriMo. You would have thought I learned my lesson last year. Writing 50K in a month? Please. And yet, here I am, with so far only 23,676 words to show for nearly three weeks of effort.

2. The weather. At present it is 33 degrees Celsius outside - I may have my bedroom window and door open, and my fan going full blast, but it ain't doing sh!# (pardon my language). It's going to be a bloody awful Christmas.

I hate this November in particular - my favourite band, Hanson, are playing at a club in Sydney tomorrow night, and I can't go. I live pretty close to Sydney, but too far away to be able to go there for a concert. *sighs* It was going to be my reward to myself for making an attempt at NaNo, but as it is, my parents don't understand the concept of a 'once in a lifetime opportunity'. Because that's what it is - a once in a lifetime opportunity.

*sighs again* Maybe I can work my disappointment and my anger into my NaNo somehow - thanks a lot Mum and Dad, you really know how to break someone's spirit don't you...
Slán go fóill,

Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:45 am

Five days until the end of NaNoWriMo '04 and I have 11,095 words to go.

My word count, when I put all the apostrophes/hyphens back in, and put words back together, is going to look abysmal when I'm done editing, but I frankly don't give a sh!# how I do this - as long as I get 50K by next Tuesday, everything will be apples.

I am currently obsessed with Green Day's Boulevard Of Broken Dreams. There has to be some way I can work it into one of my fics...

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don’t know where it goes
But it’s home to me and I walk alone
I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
When the city sleeps
And I’m the only one and I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk a…

My shadow’s only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart’s the only thing that’s beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone
Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, aaah-ah,
Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah

I’m walkin’ down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone
Read between the lines
What’s f&*%ed up and everything’s alright
Check my vital signs
And know I’m still alive and I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk a…

Till then I walk alone
Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, aaah-ah
Ah-ah, ah-ah
I walk alone
I walk a…

I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
When the city sleeps
And I’m the only one and I walk a…

Till then I walk alone

Will update again on the first of December. To everyone in Group #2, I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I'm rather busy with NaNo. I'll try to be a bit more active when it's out of the way. Promise.
Slán go fóill,

Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:14 am

Thanks be to the Goddess that NaNo is at last over.

I haven't really been doing a lot of writing these past few days, as the heat has had a detrimental effect on my creativity, and yesterday we had a blackout that reached from Dapto all the way down to the NSW-Victorian border. It thankfully lasted only a couple of hours, and normally it wouldn't have been so much of a problem, but here's the thing - it got up to (I think) 36 degrees Celsius at my place yesterday. In other words, it was a scorcher, as it was on Tuesday. But I did finish the fourth chapter of Eternity, as I had been trying to do for the past eight months, and I'm close to finishing up chapter 34 of Star. Only two chapters left after it's done, and Part Three will be complete! I'm going to break 100K by NYE, something I am rather proud of - not only have I never stuck it out on the one story before now (a year and three months yesterday), but it's officially the longest story I have ever written. NTLM/Angel combined doesn't count, as they are two separate pieces. Star currently sits at 96,475 words - just 3525 words to go and I've reached the elusive 100K mark. :D I esitmate that I'll have finished the book by next September. Well...here's hoping, anyway...
Slán go fóill,

Dreamcatcher

Postby Dreamcatcher » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:09 am

Time for a long-overdue update methinks...

I broke 100K on Star at the beginning of the month, on the fifth (which incidentally was exactly six months until I turn 21), and finished Part Three on the ninth. I'm rather proud of myself, and only have sixteen chapters left to write (40-55 - 56 and the epilogue are done). From this point onward, each chapter that I complete is one closer to the end, even more so that it was when I first started. The 'turning point' will come in chapter 48.

Christmas wasn't bad - the best presents I received were SingStar/SingStar Party and my computer microphone headset. I did get a microphone for my 19th birthday, but to put it frankly it was a cheap piece of crap. I never once used it. I'm hoping to get a lot of use out of my new one, it looks really cool. There were a couple of things that I asked for but I didn't get, but that's what the post-Christmas sales are for. I especially need a calendar.

:shock: I can't believe that I'm turning 21 in 5 and a half months. Maybe this will get my parents to realise that they can no longer push me around. Wishful thinking, but a girl can hope...
Slán go fóill,

Return to “Writing and Poetry Blogs”