The long wait is over

Place to sell your used books or self-published items. Let people know about other projects you may have (i.e. a published newsletter or small business). Exchanges between members is not covered by WordTrip in any way.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

RichardLowry
Wordtripper

The long wait is over

Postby RichardLowry » Wed May 31, 2006 8:50 am

Hello all,

After several years of hard work and a year at the publisher, Marines in the Garden of Eden will hit the shelves of every major bookseller on June 6th.

I am headed out on Monday on a book signing and promotion tour. I am very excited. I have worked very hard to get my books on the shelf, now I will be working to insure they are sold.

I signed with Berkley Publishing Group over a year ago. They gave me a very modest advance. By my back-of-the-envelope calculations, I needed to sell 3,000 books to earn back my advance. We have already sold 3,000 copies, now I need to sell the remaining 27,000 copies in the first printing.

Here is my first major review by Bill MacDonald, president of the Military Writers Society of America MWSA:

Marines in the Garden of Eden
Author: Richard S. Lowry
Publisher: Berkley Publishing Group
Reviewer: Bill McDonald – President of the MWSA

Best Book on the War in Iraq!

It is rare indeed that you will read a book about war that is so absorbing and entertaining; yet, it
is as analytical and probing as any great history book can be. Richard S. Lowry has written the
definitive accounting of the battles in and around An Nasiriyah. That includes what happened to
Private Jessica Lynch and her fellow soldiers of the 507th Maintenance Company – their
capture and misfortune and her eventual rescue from the hospital days later. In his book
“Marines in the Garden of Eden,” the whole story of this operation unfolds for you beginning
well before the actual combat starts.
He brings to life the men and women in the various units from the privates to the generals; he
lets you know them as people. His writing style is unique in the best of ways. He weaves in all
the little details of what was going on by several groups involved in those early days of the war.
He simultaneously chronicles the actions taken by each unit so that it gives you an almost godlike
view point of the war. You could never experience it like this – even if you were actually
there in all the action! His depictions of the battles are crisp and full of energy and give you that
eye-witness feeling.
This is good reporting and good story telling. This book will be read by military historians for
many long decades. It is well documented, well structured, and easy to read. It is also a great
book just to kick back and read on the old sofa. This book receives the MWSA’s TOP BOOK
RATING of FIVE STARS! It is destined to become a classic book on the war in Iraq.

There are only a few days left before Amazon.com raises their purchase price to the full retail $24.95. They are currently taking advance orders for $15.72. If you want to take advantage of this terrific discount, you need to order your copy soon. Simply visit my site and then take the link to Amazon.

http://www.marinesinthegardenofeden.com
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Wed May 31, 2006 8:55 am

Congrats Richard, I look forward to reading it.

FYI: I'm planning on e-mailing all the Wordtrippers to see who has books out and I'm going to mention and link to them in the next podcast.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
RichardLowry
Wordtripper

Postby RichardLowry » Wed May 31, 2006 9:16 am

Thanks.

:)
R
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Wed May 31, 2006 9:47 am

Great going, Richard. Really happy for you! Now comes the hardest work...even harder than writing the book :-D . Good luck!
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Wed May 31, 2006 4:49 pm

Congratulations Richard... I'm very excited for you!
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Ah, I knew him when . . . :D
Is this my reality or yours?
ghostposts
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby ghostposts » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:11 am

This is great news! :D
Take a bow.
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:35 pm

Congrats!!! I look forward to reading this.
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men

Return to “For Sale/Promo”