My new love poetry e-book

Place to sell your used books or self-published items. Let people know about other projects you may have (i.e. a published newsletter or small business). Exchanges between members is not covered by WordTrip in any way.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

fillerlady
Wordtripper

My new love poetry e-book

Postby fillerlady » Sat May 28, 2005 2:51 pm

Hi, all,

I have a new 40 poem unrhymed, love poetry e-book "The Many Facets of Love," available through me at swiener1@tampabay.rr.com for $4.95.
If you read the poems, you'll fall in love all over again with your special someone.

I also have unrhymed poetry e-books and rhymed poetry e-books and available chapbooks of the same poems too. The link is: http://www.thereadersretreat.com/Suzan_ ... oetry.html and the title is "The Essence of Love," Vol. I, II, II and "Poetry for Everyone," Vol. I & II. Great Christmas gifts or for any occasion.

Thanks very much and much good luck with your writing.

Best always, Suzan
Last edited by fillerlady on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat May 28, 2005 3:25 pm

There doesn't seem to be any link to preview it.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sat May 28, 2005 3:31 pm

Sorry, Mlou, there was a period after the htm I took the period off and now it's working. Thanks so much for letting me know.

Warm regards, Susie:)
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat May 28, 2005 3:37 pm

Oh, yes, I got it. But there's no preview...like a sample poem or anything.

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sat May 28, 2005 3:41 pm

I know. That is what they put up. I'd be happy to send you a few poems from the collection, if you're interested. Just let me know.:) I really appreciate your interest.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat May 28, 2005 3:46 pm

*smile* It's just the interest of one poet for another. I seldom BUY poems, I'm too busy writing them and (thankfully) being published here and there. Check Christian Science Monitor occasionally. I average once a month in that publication. And good luck with your e-book. Does Lionsong pay you for use of your poems or is it a different set-up?

fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sat May 28, 2005 3:51 pm

That's cool, Mlou, about your getting published. I will check out CSM. I have an article up at The Writer's Ezine if you have a chance to check that out. They pay 50% royalties of each sale of my e-book, but nothing from them, unfortunately and I didn't have to pay them anything. So it's a half/half proposition, which is ok with me.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat May 28, 2005 3:57 pm

At least your work is seeing the light of day..or cyberspace anyway. :D
Yes I've been fortunate to have been extensively published over the years, and in some excellent venues. My happiest was hitting Yankee (notoriously hard to hit with backlogs of 2 years or more). Unfortunately, they no longer publish poetry.
I have a thread on this site...Mlou's Archives, Published Poems from the Past. Do check it out sometime. I'll check the Ezine.

funkywriter3
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby funkywriter3 » Sat May 28, 2005 3:58 pm

Way to go, that's wonderful news. Hope it is sucessful for you.
" The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself."- Albert Camus

"Writers will happen in the best of families."
-Rita Mae Brown

" Do not ask a poet to explain himself, he cannot." - Plato
fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sat May 28, 2005 4:02 pm

Hi, Mlou, It's sad when places stop publishing poetry, fiction, etc. That's happened to me too many times, myself, so I know what you mean. Yankee was hard to hit. I never tried, because at that time I was just starting out and seemed to tough to crack... I will check out your thread. Thx much for mentioning it. Oh, here's one of the poems in my collection. Hope you like it and hope it's ok to put it here. No crits on poem, please.

"I'm So Glad"

I'm so glad it's you
my love. I think you are
wonderful;
marvelous;
and
special.
Do you know you're everything to
me? Do you know you make me feel
alive and wanting to be with you
forever?
Do you know how much I want
you?
Know how much I care and
love you. My heart is always with you.
Know I will do everything to make you feel as
great as you make me
feel.
You are mine, and may you always
know happiness because you always give it to
me. That is why I'm saying
you are my
shining star.

copyright Suzan L. Wiener 2005
Last edited by fillerlady on Sat May 28, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sat May 28, 2005 4:05 pm

Thx so much, Funywriter3. Most appreciated. Hope your writing goes very well.

Warm regards, Susie:)
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat May 28, 2005 4:10 pm

Nice poem, Suzan. You write somewhat in the vein of Mae, another WT member, who posted one to/about her husband recently.
At one time, I wrote similar material for Rust Craft Greetings, for their Greeting Book line. Did wonderfully with them. Unfortunately, they too are no more. *sigh*

fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sat May 28, 2005 4:56 pm

Thx much, Mlou. Mot appreciated. I'll look at your poems and Mae's too. That's interesting about your doing greetings because I just started doing that and have had some success with a few of them. I remember Rust Craft. I wish they'd stop going out on us... How long have you been writing, if you don't mind me asking. Sounds like quite awhile. I've been writing for 19 years now since I had to retire when my back went out. I have even been trying to get my poem gift book published, but no luck so far. I'll probably put it up at Lionsong.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat May 28, 2005 5:40 pm

Hi, Susie...Sometimes I can't believe it's been so long but it's well over 30 years, probably 35 or 40, I'd say. Of course, we all know what that makes me!! :D But I started young. lol Greeting cards are fun. I also wrote for American, Hallmark and many smaller companies, many of whom are now also defunct.
The story of my writing is that every time I get a magazine, newspaper, editor, etc. who really likes my work and buys, buys, buys...the publication goes out of business or the editor dies or is replaced by one with different tastes. That's life!
But it's been good and I've published everthing except a novel (and I now have one making the rounds.) Fingers crossed!

fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sat May 28, 2005 6:27 pm

Hi, Mlou,

Wow, that is a long time writing. You did really well with big outfits and small, for sure. Everyone told me I should write for Hallmark, but unfortunately, they didn't think so. lol.

Just two years ago, I was writing for over 10 mags. regularly, and now I really don't have any regulars that I send to, but can't complain. I think it is getting harder each year to get published, so I guess we just have to try harder, yuck.:)

Much good luck with your novel. Let me know how it goes for you. Hope super.

Hugs, Susie:)
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat May 28, 2005 8:58 pm

Unfortunately, Hallmark is all written in house now. i was one of their free lance regulars for quite some time...used to write some of the Peanuts cards, snoopy, etc.... but I took a couple of years off misc. writing to work on a book. Lo and behold, when i came back they had closed up shop. They took my name for (perhaps) special assignments but I think that was just a polite way of letting me down.
I checked another major house and they were only interested if you'd move to their city! Forget it. And you're right. It's harder now, fewer markets...unless you go the on line route.
I checked out your article. Covers it well!

fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sat May 28, 2005 9:30 pm

That's cool you're writing a novel. I started one - a romance novel, but never quite got into it. It did sell as a short story though.

I never knew a card co. would make the writer move to their city. That is something.

Thanks much for looking at my article. I really appreciate it.

I read your poem - very good. I posted about it.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sun May 29, 2005 9:50 am

Yes, I had another company...Mister B Cards. He wanted me to move to Florida...from Massachusetts yet! lol He was fussy-fussy and didn't pay well. Of course, the ideas only went to him after I hit the better payers first. lol

fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sun May 29, 2005 11:29 am

Well, at least he wanted you to move to a sunny climate. But if he didn't pay well, then no way. (No rhyme intended).:) Hope your memorial day is super and enjoy. We'll just hang around, maybe go out to eat, if we're up to it. We have to play it by ear.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sun May 29, 2005 12:45 pm

Us too. If the knees hold out, I do a little gardening. If not, I goof off at the computer revising (yet again) the book for a publisher who want nothing beyond kissing and no profanity whatsoever. Don't know if hell and damn are considered that these days.

fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sun May 29, 2005 12:54 pm

Knee probs. we know about, unfortunately. It's all part of our back probs. Hope it doesn't bother you at all. I know some folks don't think the major curse words are cursing anymore. Why, I don't know. I try not to use them, unless I stub my toe.:)
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sun May 29, 2005 1:01 pm

lol. It's just that my character is an ex-cop. I just can't reconcile myself to having him say, "Oh, my goodness!" instead of what he would really say. :D
Yes Knee-Problems-Are-Us. Shop here for the latest. :roll: Also back and hip. Now all we need is foot-and-mouth disease. So far the nearest I've come is foot-IN-mouth disease. That's chronic with me.

fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Sun May 29, 2005 1:14 pm

lol. Foot-in-mouth disease. That's funny.:) I've gotten that one a few times, not too often, thank goodness. Feel great and have a super day. Guess I'll go and relax awhile.
fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:10 pm

There is a preview of my poem now up at Lionsong Publications for my e-book. Just click on preview and you'll see it. It's called "Magical Moments." Hope you like it. Lionsong Publications is no longer viable.

Warm regars, Susie:)
Last edited by fillerlady on Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
fillerlady
Wordtripper

Re: "My e-book "The Many Facets of Love"

Postby fillerlady » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:34 pm

Just wanted to say that my above e-book is only available through me now at swiener1@tampabay.rr.com
Suzan

Return to “For Sale/Promo”