The Kill Bill Diary, by David Carradine

Post your book reviews here. We will leave a copy here, and move the thread to the appropriate section (fiction, non-fiction, etc)

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Tyler Anderson
Master Tripper

The Kill Bill Diary, by David Carradine

Postby Tyler Anderson » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:34 pm

Anybody ever watch the old TV show, Kung Fu? Well, if you did, then you would know who David Carradine is. He played Kane. He also starred as "Bill" in the film, "Kill Bill" by Quentien Tarentino.

The main point of the film is, revenge. A woman is attacked and left for dead by pepole she thought to be freinds, so she basiacally goes on a revenge spree. A very bloody revenge spree.

That's the movie, this is the book. The Kill Bill Diary is Carradine's account of the film process and an inside look at what it is like to work on the set of an intense action film directed by one of the decade's most influential directors.

The book was good. It had a very laid back kind of feel to it, and it was pretty easy to understand. What was most interesting to me was(pardon my frech) all the sh!# they had to take in order to make the movie, and how the whole process ends up in smiles and champange.

However, if you haven't seen the movie and would like to read the book, watch the movie first. The book will spoil the film for you. And belive me, this is a very well done movie. It's a tribute to old-school kung fu and the action is not to bloody(well okay, I lied, its really bloody, but syleized).

It's easy to see that Carridine is not the best writer, but it is entertaining. And in the end that's really all a book needs to be to be enjoyed. Some parts of the novel kind of enoyed me becauase it was apparent that he is used to being pampred, and I don't usually dig those kind of pepole. But, he is such a cool guy, it's hard not to admire him anyway.

So, anyway, that's what I think. Get the book, and if not that, then see the movie. It is worth it. Oh, and by the way, the movie is shot in two parts(however, it's not a sequel, just another part of the film) so if you are going to buy it or rent it, make sure you get both parts. So long.
"Why don't I ever listen to me?"

Return to “Book Reviews”