The next President

Post your book reviews here. We will leave a copy here, and move the thread to the appropriate section (fiction, non-fiction, etc)

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

WELTY69

The next President

Postby WELTY69 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:02 pm

Summary of this Book...

J.D. Cade was a sniper for the Army in Vietnam. When he returned to the states, he used his expertice to put an end to a 100 year old family fued. He did it by making it look like an accident.

30 years later a faceless enemy blackmails him into killing the newest presidential candidate. A widely popular African-American, who is this close to taking the office. His first try is a miss, but he tries again by finding a way to get next to the candidate.

Cades son is the bait but unbeknownst to Cade, his son is doing a bit of investigating on his own. Not only that, but he is partnered with the son of the man his father killed 30 years earlier.

I especially liked...

How the story just flowed together like a good movie. There were no real slow parts, just all action and adventure.

This Book made me feel...

Relieved when I was able to finish it. I could harldy put it down. I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Further Comments...

I know action novels and this is one of them. Do yourself a favor and get this book.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:46 am

Sounds like a season of "24" . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com

Return to “Book Reviews”