May 2016, Possible Prompt Conversation

Here at WordTrip, we have monthly 'overall' writing challenges (not necessarily every month).

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

JillStar
Moderator+

May 2016, Possible Prompt Conversation

Postby JillStar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Upcoming challenge for the month of April 2016.

Resources:
Word Counts of Flash Fiction and Short Stories

Here is a brief description of the challenge...

This will be a challenge to write three Flash Fictions stories that you will blend into a Short Story at the end.

Each week a new prompt of the challenge will be posted. Write a Flash Fiction piece with a total of a 100-1000 words each. These will be three separate Flash Fiction stories based on the prompt that is posted each week.

During the fourth week you will receive a final prompt which combines the three flash fiction stories into one short story. Do not do this part until you receive the final challenge because the challenge will tell you where to take the final story.

More to come towards the end of April!
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
timberline
Wordtrip Junkie

Re: May 2016 - 3 Flash to 1 Short Challenge

Postby timberline » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:21 am

Do we know what the prompt is?
 Cruising the Green of Second Avenue is available at Barnes & Noble and other online book sellers. More good stuff at http://allotropiclucubrations.blogspot.com
LizGrayson
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby LizGrayson » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:23 pm

This could be interesting. I'm game - May is a relatively quiet month for me and my husband (read- no football!) :-D so I should have the time and energy to do this.
Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star and they give you them for free! ~ Billy Mack (aka the lovely Bill Nighy), Love Actually
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Timber... no, I don't know what the prompt are quite yet. Had to work up the actual challenge and this one just popped into my head. I've got the wheels a churning!

Liz... May isn't too busy for me either... not really. We had a writing challenge in May... everyone who participated just wrote whatever they wanted and kept track of their progress. This time we'll have challenges to get those writing fluids a flow'n.
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:04 pm

TEASER... Here are the four challenges coming your way for May. Each of these will have special weekly prompts that lead to the final week, wrapping the whole project together. You can choose one or more but each will have enough to keep you busy.

Each of these will have weekly prompts to keep the ball rolling. I will make the final announcement on or around 4/29 which may also be the date of the first prompt. Otherwise the first prompt will be posted around 5/6. Keep coming back to check in!!

1. Paragraph Prompt – use the paragraph as inspiration for the weekly prompts leading to a mysterious conclusion.
2. The Mixed Up Inspirations – a Hodge podge of weekly prompts leading to a climatic ending!
3. Journey Through Life – use the weekly prompts to show the progression of life for a group of individuals.
4. Roll of the Dice Poetry - use the weekly prompts, each leading to a final poetry project.

Return to “WordTrip Monthly Writing Challenge”