Rant 'n' Rave with the Mudge (PG-13)

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:21 am

Hmmm. I just "rediscovered" this thread. (I tend not to see those not on the main board in plain sight). Obviously a very weighty discussion going on here. Someone going for a doctorate in children's lit? We've always know fairy tales are gruesome...but that's kids for you. We love gruesome. I say we because I'm still a child somewhere inside.
On another note that doesn't have anything to do with anything, don't any of you ever check your private messages? Sheesh!
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:04 pm

No one shot the deputy... he's at home reading a book and eating Oreos.
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
mslover
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mslover » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:57 pm

hmmm... nah, he ran away with the sheriff's wife....

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories - we've already missed the spring"

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Jeez...what have you all been up to :roll: Morbid fairytales, suicide plots for kids and now the mysterious murderer of "the deputy"? I can't leave you all for a second can I?

BTW: The prayers and rhymes about children going to heaven was supposed to comfort families as the when they were written the child mortality rate was astronomical. So, to comfort families when their kids died you were supposed to understand that they were in heaven.

As for Disney, think the writers had it in for step moms and moms in general. If you were a step mom you were just evil and well any "good" mom was going to get killed off as an emotional selling point or story-starter. :twisted:

Think Walt didn't have a happy childhood?

oh and I know who shot the deputy, but I'm not tellin'
"Come to the dark side; we have coffee!"

Return to “Personal Blogs”