I'm back;)

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie
Location: *Ohh*Why do you wanna know* -Gasp- * Are you a stalker?

Postby *Elle* » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:35 pm

I know I sorry.
R.I.P. Mikey, Brandy and Chris
Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today.--James Dean
A life without cause is a life without effect--Barbella
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be.
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:36 pm

What do you guys think about an idea of a story where a little girl gets a terrible disease and they find a cure just in time? :D

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be.
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Do yall have any ideas?

jt752
Master Tripper

Postby jt752 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:06 pm

If the story is interesting enough in characters and subplots and well written, then you have no problem.
"There is no intergalactic plot to keep you from being published."

"So stop whining and get on with it."
Nephtalius
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Nephtalius » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:36 pm

jt752 wrote:If the story is interesting enough in characters and subplots and well written, then you have no problem.

I think JT means that a one-sentence plot outline is meaningless, and you shouldn’t expect much feedback about it. The story you propose might rivet readers to their seats, turning pages, wrapped up in the world you create. Or the reader might lose interest after the first paragraph. Or your story might be so full of so grammatical and technical errors as to be unreadable. Or it might be so poorly written that the reader never uncovers whatever plot and characterization gems there may be.

You need to actually put the work into writing it before you can expect anyone to put the work into critiquing and providing feedback.
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle. -- Bucky in the Get Fuzzy comic strip.
fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:08 pm

Or the reader might lose interest after the first paragraph.
What do you do? Feel guilty because you're responisble for not conveying what you mean effectively? Maybe for a while. Then you just don't care about opinions and, since what you do is unavoidable, you keep on doing it and going somewhere, somehow.
(I feel myself as a cheap slogan, but this the way I found to suggest that you should write on. :oops: )
Let interest loose.
Last edited by fiona on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Know me by what I did today.
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:07 pm

Thanks you guys. I will be posting a new poem I wrote the other day on here in a little bit. :D

Happy Holidays! :D

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:21 pm

fiona wrote:What do you do? Feel guilty because you're responisble for not conveying what you mean effectively? Maybe for a while. Then you just don't care about opinions and, since what you do is unavoidable, you keep on doing it and going somewhere, somehow.

I'd like to add a caveat. While you shouldn't let what other people think dictate how you choose to right, that doesn't excuse you from at least learning how storytelling works and doesn't work. Learn the "rules", then break them as needed. While it is your story, if you have any hope of publishing/selling/being read, then you at least have to take into account who is going to be reading it (writing in English for an audience that only speaks chimpanzee is obviously foolish, but writing sci-fi as if Star Trek and Star Wars were good examples of the genre would quickly get your work circular filed by any editor who knows his audience).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:01 pm

While it is your story, if you have any hope of publishing/selling/being read, then you at least have to take into account who is going to be reading it
Yes, I totally agree with you.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. :-P
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:26 pm

charlesp wrote:
fiona wrote:What do you do? Feel guilty because you're responisble for not conveying what you mean effectively? Maybe for a while. Then you just don't care about opinions and, since what you do is unavoidable, you keep on doing it and going somewhere, somehow.

I'd like to add a caveat. While you shouldn't let what other people think dictate how you choose to right, that doesn't excuse you from at least learning how storytelling works and doesn't work. Learn the "rules", then break them as needed. While it is your story, if you have any hope of publishing/selling/being read, then you at least have to take into account who is going to be reading it (writing in English for an audience that only speaks chimpanzee is obviously foolish, but writing sci-fi as if Star Trek and Star Wars were good examples of the genre would quickly get your work circular filed by any editor who knows his audience).

What are you talking about? You and Fiona?

Nephtalius
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Nephtalius » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:41 pm

Have we seen any writing at all from BuddyRocks?? Even a single paragraph?? Am I the only one who suspects there is no Danielle?? That he (It’s probably male) is a middle-aged loser sitting in his underwear in a dingy apartment, chortling with glee at pulling the strings of the posters on this site??

Just curious.
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle. -- Bucky in the Get Fuzzy comic strip.
fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Oh, Neph, don't say that. For me, it's Buddy, a friend I made at WT dot com. I don't care about his/her gender or what he/she wears, while I'd regret that he/she were laughing at me, but the mere fact of imaging it is not enough to justify that I hurt him/her with my words. It's cruel, Neph. :oops:
Buddy must have his/her reasons for not posting his/her works here and I hope my comments are not among them. :oops:
Last edited by fiona on Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:19 pm

Oh, Buddy, sorry. :oops: We were talking about pursuing one's dreams without much care about what others say at first, how we learn to care about it through our experience and how our experience help us to set our goals. Was it so, CH? :oops: oh, :oops:
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:26 pm

Nephtalius wrote:Have we seen any writing at all from BuddyRocks?? Even a single paragraph?? Am I the only one who suspects there is no Danielle?? That he (It’s probably male) is a middle-aged loser sitting in his underwear in a dingy apartment, chortling with glee at pulling the strings of the posters on this site??

Just curious.

I write a lot but just don't have time to post it. I'm actually a 14 yr old girl who's struggling with math in the 8th grade so I don't need your attidude about me not ever posting. For real. How do you have all the time in the world to post.
Where is a sample of your writing?

To Fiona,
Thanks very much for backing me up. I really apprecitate it. :santa:

fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:00 pm

You're welcome. Tell me, have you ever tried WT Jr.? I'm asking because I'm afraid that here we are too adult -and believe me that I'm not the least inclined to love adult people. In fact, I think most of us suck and should be in prison for being cynic, abusive and obtuse.
Don't rely on us unless you know who we are. In short, don't rely on us

(To tell the truth, I have the impression that some even suffer from multiple personality disorder and, from time to time, they post here utterly convinced that they are teenagers. I hope I don't ever do this, but if it happens, I hope some of the sound writers to warn me about it :oops: ).
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:12 pm

Hey,

Yeah I am a member of WT Jr. But, it is very good but I need everyday challenges and more adults are interesting.

Merry Christmas! :santa: :santa: :santa:

*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:14 am

Hey Y'all,

Merry Christmas!! :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:50 pm

Thanks. :-P
Do you know what is a cookie desk?
jt752
Master Tripper

Postby jt752 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:52 am

Okay, what is a cookie desk???
"There is no intergalactic plot to keep you from being published."

"So stop whining and get on with it."
fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Okay, what is a cookie desk???

I don't know what it is; the only thing I know is that it is a toy. That's why I'm asking Buddy. It's been not so long since she was a child. Perhaps some of you -adults- can ask your children.
Could it be a table for making cookies? :-P
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:25 pm

I just tried to search it and came up blank. I don't know what it is and never heard of it. How was your holiday fiona?

fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:47 am

I may have good holidays but never forget WT. :-P
What about yours, buddy?
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:57 pm

Great. Did you figure out what the cookie desk was/is? :D

fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:57 pm

Great. Did you figure out what the cookie desk was/is?
Apparently, it is a table whose top is lifted up perpendicular to its base in order to use it as a writing board, while its base is a box where you can keep things, i.e. pens, books and playmates, among other things . At least this is what I understood from the explanation I was given. Indeed, it was quite difficult for me to come up with my own explanation. :oops:
*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby *Elle* » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:00 pm

Hmm....interesting. What state do you live in?

Return to “Personal Blogs”