I THINK I'LL START A BLOG

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

mae
Wordtrip Grand Master
Location: Northwest corner of Washington state, snuggled up next to Canada

Postby mae » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:15 am

My adorable grandson, the younger one visiting, is a walking accident! His cute little turned up nose is all scraped up from his latest face plant. He's lucky it isn't broken!

Yesterday, he was playing games on my husband's computer, pulled the keyboard tray out and pulled it right off. The keyboard, tray and all its connections were lying in his lap.

We went grocery shopping in the afternoon. He walked by a display of soft drinks - just walked by it - and knocked off a 12-pack of pop. The cans came out of the box and rolled across the floor. His older brother was mortified.

Now, we just sort of follow him around with our hands open, waiting to catch him or whatever he runs into! It's a good thing he's so cute!
My heart beats in poetry. I think in rhythm and dream in rhyme.

Give me a crit! I can take it!

CELTIC QUEEN, an Epic Poem, Cynthia M. Bateman, amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore ... +Epic+Poem at Tate Publishing
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:38 am

Keep him away from mirrors. You wouldn't want his luck to last another 7 years.
Is this my reality or yours?
mae
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mae » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:44 am

That's a good point! mae

CELTIC QUEEN, an Epic Poem, Cynthia M. Bateman, amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore ... +Epic+Poem at Tate Publishing
mae
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mae » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Every now and then - well, quite often, actually - I do something that makes people think I've taken complete leave of my senses. I have a mob of children in my little house right now - 7 grandkids, to be exact. Earlier, an additional child was here - not one of mine, but a cousin on the other side to my two Oregon visitors. We were making concrete stepping stones for my yard. I fed everyone lunch (8 kids, 3 adults) first, then we went out to make the stepping stones. We came back in for a snack and a lot of them ate a second lunch, then we went out and finished the stones. The eldest of the grandkids (12) took the youngest (1 3/4) under his wing and helped him make his stepping stone. The two middle boys (8 and 9) are always together and are typical elementary school age kids - do barely enough of what you're told to do to keep from getting grounded, but absolutely NO MORE - and they get in trouble together. The two little boys (3 and 4 ) are either inseparable or kiilling each other. Then there's my adorable and absolutely perfect little granddaughter.

We were done with the stepping stones at about 3:00 p.m. and their moms and dads aren't going to be here until 6 or so, so we're doing building crafts - bird feeders, sailboats, etc. Through the day the big boys have let the dog out at least four times when they ran in and left the door wide open. The little boys have been in tears at least that many times when one pushed the other (but he did it first!).

Grandpa came home (thank heaven!) and gave them all jobs to do. All of them except the big boys (8 and 9) were great about it - even the baby. The big boys couldn't complain enough. My feet are killing me, I'm exhausted and I'm tired of doors either slamming or left open.

But what a fun day it has been! And I've got seven fabulous stepping stones! mae

mae
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mae » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Oh, I forgot, one of the big boys made brownies this afternoon while I made pecan bars for dessert tonight. At least he didn't leave the door open then!

mae

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:58 am

You sound like my mother. She loves it when the grandkids are there, but she's relieved when they finally go home. There's only 4 that come over (the rest are out of state) and they have nicknames (richly deserved). Hurricane Hailey (5), Katasrophe Kade (4) and Malestorm Matty (1). The baby, Rachael, is only 6 months and still adorable. The only thing she does that's annoying is scream. Maybe we should call her Roaring Rachael. :?
Is this my reality or yours?
mae
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mae » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:24 pm

This last Tuesday was my 30th wedding anniversary. I posted the poem I wrote for my husband here on the board.

Perhaps it's shallow or unfair of me, but I'm disappointed in my children - all of them. Not a single one of them, not one, called or e-mailed or anything to wish us a happy anniversary. This was a big one and not one of them acknowledged it. They gave us a trip on our 15th, but nothing at all on the 30th.

I'm not angry at them. But I am disappointed.

mae
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mae » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 am

Well, tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. my plane lifts off on the first leg of my journey to Sweden/California. The bills are paid for the month, the laundry is done, flowers for church are taken care of, itineraries have been e-mailed to designated chauffeurs, my camera has fresh batteries and I've got a new combination lock for my suitcase! I AM SET!

It's a half hour drive to the airport and I have to be there at least an hour ahead, so, figuring time to get ready, I'll have to get up about 3. I may just stay up. I'm not going to sleep anyway.

I'm not taking a laptop, so I'm going to be incommunicado for two weeks. I'll tell you guys all about it when I get back!

mae

WOO-HOO!!!!

*Elle*
Wordtrip Junkie
Location: *Ohh*Why do you wanna know* -Gasp- * Are you a stalker?

Postby *Elle* » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Have a safe trip..mae
Take tons of pictures and enjoy!
*hugs*
Elle :D
R.I.P. Mikey, Brandy and Chris
Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today.--James Dean
A life without cause is a life without effect--Barbella
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be.
mae
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mae » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks, Elle. I shall do all of those things! mae

Return to “Personal Blogs”