Del's blog: Can't argue with Moses...

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:09 am

Delaney wrote:Men are woosebags.

Hey--we . . . um . . . that is, some of . . . well, sometimes . . .er . . . OK, I KNOW there's a good comeback for that . . . just give me a minute . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:14 am

TheMudge wrote:
Delaney wrote:Men are woosebags.

Hey--we . . . um . . . that is, some of . . . well, sometimes . . .er . . . OK, I KNOW there's a good comeback for that . . . just give me a minute . . .

just admit it's true. we know it is. :P
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:33 am

LOL. Mark just gets like that every once in awhile. I wouldn't mind so much except that he's so DRAMATIC about it. Even laying down to cuddle... and usually he is the cuddly type... he acts like just crawling into bed is the most painful thing in the world.

Insulting, eh? I told him to just go to bed. I'm not going to listen to him whine about THAT.

That's when he brought in the flowers yesterday. Luckily, it is possible to buy my forgiveness.
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:49 pm

I need a tattoo.

And therapy.

Tattoo therapy.
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:23 pm

I think I'd be more inspired to get dressed in the morning if I knew I was going to get laid at night.

Just a theory.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:26 pm

Heck, my theory involves at all in the next year...
mslover
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mslover » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:50 pm

Delaney wrote:I think I'd be more inspired to get dressed in the morning if I knew I was going to get laid at night.

Just a theory.

uh, i don't get it... i know sex is inspiring but not usually clothing inducing...

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories - we've already missed the spring"

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:14 am

It would be worth wearing clothes during the day if I knew it would make my man want to throw them off at night.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:37 pm

I feel soooo awful... I went through almost 2 rolls of toilet paper sniffling in the past 2 days. My throat was sore, then it wasn't, now it's on the verge again and I can't stop coughing. Mark though, seems like he feels remarkably healthy now that I'm on death's door.

And even aside from all this, I just feel blah. I have no new information about my Dad's cancer, just that it's there, and I don't even know how I feel about it. I feel like this must've been what my friend Melissa felt last year when her mom got Lukemia... suddenly she had to wrestle with sympathizing with somebody she both loved and resented for abuse. I kept thinking that she was so strong; I would have no idea what to do with all those feelings.

And now I don't. I have no idea. I just know that I'm sniffling, I started and finished a book last night, and I feel lazier than ever. That's all I really know what to do with right now.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:28 pm

You could write out those feelings. Turn them into stories as a way to deal with them. :)
Is this my reality or yours?
NYR94
Master Tripper

Postby NYR94 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:46 pm

Man, it's been too long since I've finished a good book...what's it like?
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:02 am

LOL a wonderful feeling of accomplishment, NYR... and a realization of just how little one gets out.

So Bob is basically jepardizing my job. Oh, yeah... Laurie (manager) tols me today that her boss had me on the list to be "let go." "Why?" you ask? Oh, well because although I've been trying to get my MAP training EVER SINCE I WAS HIRED, Bob has failed to come through for me. Now they're trying to oust out the people who haven't been trained and replace them with solid hours of med certified staff. I understand this idea. However, kicking me out is totally unfair.

So Lauire said to me this morning, " You are now authorized to call him every single day. Document what Bob said in response, date it, and keep a log EVERY DAY. That way if they try to boot you out, we have backup."

She also said she'd been advocating for me... which means along with the bad news this morning she also showered me with compliments. Aparently she thought the thing I tried to pull last week was awful cute (I knew that in order to take Anne out I would have to be in-serviced on how to buckle her wheelchair in the van, but I kinda figured I could figure it out on my own and tried to convince our Assit. Manager of this... because Anne NEVER gets to go out and I really wanted to take her somewhere like the others). She told her boss (Joe) about it, and proceeded to tell him that should he fire me, he'd be biting off his nose to spite his face.

"She's flexible, she's gung-ho... if these ladies are ever gonna go on a vacation, guess who'll be the one to take them?"

Hehehe. Me. That's who.

All this in response, by the way, of Joe calling her and asking, "Are we still friends?"

Her first response? "No! You're pissing me off!"

LOL Laurie is awesome.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:44 pm

I FINALLY got a haircut! Hehehe... I love it so much. And it was done by a friend, so it was cheap too.

... and you can see more of the layers here:

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:06 pm

Mine's even cheaper, Del...I cut my own. :D
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:13 pm

looks cute del! :)
i need to get some photos of myself. i have like none. the most recent one, i think, is from MAY!
Behind the Press

Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:10 am

My most recent one is the occasional avatar from the first WT Gathering in GA...
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:20 am

Hair is super cute!!!
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:45 pm

As soon as I got out of my room and looked at him, he paniced.

"Oh no. No. No. I'm not going anywhere. I just got home, I'm not going."

I put my arms around him.

"I'm just coming out to say hi," I said with my most convincing grin.

Which wasn't.

"No, that's not a 'I'm happy you're home' kind of smile, that's a 'You're home so now you can drive me somewhere' smile."

"It is not," I replied to Mark, pouting. "Although... Terry DID want you to do something for her."

"Oh, really. What?"

"Follow me."

"Oh no," Mark began to panic again as I dragged him across the floor. "If you can't tell me out here, then it's something I don't want to do."

I tugged on his arm until he followed me to my room. I closed the door and said, after a big smoochy: "Terry wants you to take me to McDonald's."

He rolled his eyes.

We soon made our way to the car. As we were stepping out he said:

Mark: Oh, I forgot to tell you about my latest dilemma.

Claire: Go on.

M: I'm afraid that I may be too likable. I'm afraid people are going to start not liking me because other people like me too much.

It was like every organ in my body wanted to grow a pair of eyes just so they could roll them.

C: Huh?

M: Well, you know how sometimes a person will be SO popular with everyone else that other people will start to hate them because of it?

I ought to. I do it all the time.

C: Yeah. And?

M: Well, I'm afraid that's going to happen. And I don't want people like that to start hating me.

C: Okay, first of all Marky, the world needs people like that. We keep the balance of things.

M: Like today, my teacher is introducing me, right? And when she comes to me, she says, 'And this is Mark!'

I look at him blankly.

M: But she said it like that... 'This is Mark!' Like she was really happy about it. So I'm afraid the other teachers are going to start not to like me.

C: Hey look!

M: What?

C: See the moon! See that white streak thingy below it? That's from a witches broomstick! A witch was flying by the moon!

M: Claire, you know how sometimes you'll be telling me something, and then I'll change the subject really abruptly and you'll get all annoyed?

C: Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're very cute. Everybody hates you. Congratulations.

M: But...

C: Look! A UFO!
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:44 am

Stupidf*ckingdisgustingp*ssynastyfouluglyf*ckingvermin GOT IN MY ROOM!!!!!

I HATE THOSE f#$%ing CATS!

This time I used water to get the skanky bitch out. Next time, it's the meat cleaver.
NYR94
Master Tripper

Postby NYR94 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:37 pm

Delaney wrote:Stupidf*ckingdisgustingp*ssynastyfouluglyf*ckingvermin GOT IN MY ROOM!!!!!

I HATE THOSE f#$%ing CATS!

This time I used water to get the skanky bitch out. Next time, it's the meat cleaver.

Wouldn't that be Pussy abuse?
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:42 pm

into the gutter the thread goes :lol:
Behind the Press

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:45 pm

That seems to happen ALOT in my blog lol...
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:12 pm

I just got a discount on my Subway sandwich because I didn't force the guy behind the counter to be happy.

It pays to be a personable grouch.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:12 pm

I am sooo wiped. I now feel bad for getting all huffy about Mark being tired all the time. My stress threshold was not built for this kind of busyness and preocupied thinking.

First my dear Bevie (resident at work) kept me all up all night. No, wait. First the other STAFF kept me up until past 1am just gibbering away. Gibbering is the perfect word for it too. She never frickin' stops, even with my hints proposing to the contrary. I was already exhausted when I got there, because the previous night I hadn't slept well, so I was looking forward to bundling up and going off to dreamland. But she just gabbed away. Everytime I thought she was gonna stop she'd just start over again.

It's a good thing she's cute.

Then Bevie, who just returned recently from the hospital, has gotten into the habit of waking up around 3am and wandering around the house trying to wake staff up for company. First she started a coughing fit, which was cured amazingly fast by my presence in the doorway. She asked for a tissue, I gave her the box, I climbed back in bed.

Then a little while later she started to cough after I coughed. I'm still not over my cold yet, so that was a little annoying.

Then she started wandering around the kitchen, getting water, opening the fridge, getting a snack, turning on lights, and trying to talk to me.

Debbie, the staff that kept me awake against my will at her chatter, was fast asleep of course. You have no idea how that irritated me.

Then the morning was a rush because I had MAP training (medication administration program... FINALLY!) at 9:30am in Springfield, so I left at 8am, got there early, stayed until 3:00pm, trecked over to W. Springfield to pick up my check (and got lost, of course), and then the car started to act up on me. I finally got it to start, then my vision started getting blurry because I had too much time on the way to the bank to think about present worries that I really wish I didn't have (Dad), and finally called Marky on the cellphone to forget about it. I got home, we went to Holyoke to buy a computer part for him, more books for me (B&N therapy... cheaper than psychotherapy), and now here I am at last.

Home.

For an hour and a half. Before I go to work. Shoot me now.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:12 pm

I need to get laid.

As usual.

Return to “Personal Blogs”