Del's blog: Can't argue with Moses...

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:58 am

Please help.

<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:44 pm

Del, from your previous post, I might suggest...why don't you just keep your stuff packed and live out of the suitcases? :-D
As for J. Depp...Del, you're a sick person. Sick, sick, sick! :wink:
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:12 am

I try to keep things lively, Mlou, I really do :-D Glad you appreciated that.

So on to me about to get fired. Work blunders for the week that will probably cost me my job:

1. I forgot my last MAP training class. I called Allison to confess, and she just laughed at me. The people at the office were none to happy though.

2. I forgot my schedule last Saturday, and we became overstaffed. Bonkers.

3. I spent all of last night and afternoon with the other residents I work with. NOT my lovely Pleasent St. The two ladies bickered all night... which was fine; I read a book. Then one of the them decided to take the insults a couple gazillion steps further and started making horrible and hurtful comments to her roomate regarding her roomates turbulent past, which includes a rape.

The poor woman went upstairs crying and when I followed her I could barely understand her through the sobs. She wanted to call some organization to report it, and me being the 'passionate' little advocate made an executive decision to help her do this.

Here was my thought process: It's not the first time its happened. Granted, the company is moving both of the ladies in with other roomates, but that will only help the one being victimized right now. The other woman will continue to terrorize, and she's going to be doing it as Pleasent St. She has no behavior plan, which I find ridiculous because people with lesser issues DO, and everybody just lets it go. No person of a different race can work with this woman, because she likes to spout racial remarks and is just all around a pain in the ass.

So why not do something about it? The situation certainly called for it, in my opinion. And anybody who believes nothing should be done about her is not doing their job. *I* would not feel right sitting there taking passive position while some woman's self-confidence gets completely destroyed because her roomate is upset over nothing. Too much for ME to handle.

And Allison says, why didn't you page the manager?

I guess I should have. But I guess somewhere in the back of my head I knew she'd tell me to re-direct, leave her upstairs, blah blah blah let's not ruffle any feathers.

f#$% that.

So I'm probably soon to be unemployed. Because I wanted to do the right thing by a client. the world works in funny ways, I tell you.

*BIG middle finger smilie in Earth's general direction*
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:55 am

Mark stayed home from school today and I guess hanging out made us a little giggly...

Quote 1:

Mark: Why is it cold in here? It wasn't cold in here before (referring to the car). What the hel... (looks over at my side of the car). Oh, I see. You've got your WINDOW OPEN for your cigarette. I'm doomed to a life with a draft.

Ouote 2:

Claire: Can we stop at Big Y? I need some hair stuff.
Mark: Okay... oh, you don't have a bra on. I'll have to go in won't I?
C: *bats eyelashes*
M: *sighs* Okay. I'll go in.
C: Oh! And could you get some baby wipes too?
M: Yeah.
C: And some panty liners?
M: Great.
C: And um... if you have any extra money left over... do you think you could maybe, um, get me the People magazine with the um... celebrities on the cover...
M: You mean the one titled "100 Sexiest Men" on it?
C: Um, yeah.
M: So let me get this straight. You want me to go up to the counter with panty liners, baby wipes, and a magazine that says "100 Sexiest Men" on the cover.
C: Kinda. Yes.
M: I am SO getting a bag for all this...
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:30 am

Who took my NyQuil?
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:48 am

I'm sorry but this is just the funniest, cutest thing I have ever seen... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6UU6m3cqk&eurl=
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:15 pm

I can't stand that new girl! Can't stand her, I tell you!!!
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:51 am

This was a wonderful, eventful wekend with my little guy, Zach. Mark and I went over to hang out for a night... but then we convinced Mark to call out of work (as he should) so we could stay overnight.

I am proud to inform you all that I gave birth to a little GENIUS. Aside from the fact that he can talk really well, especially for a 2 year old, he also created this:

... all by himself. His mom said that he was staring interestedly at the front of a toy catalog that morning, and she kept saying to him, "Zach, you already have those blocks. Look inside the book." Well, now we know why he was taking it all in...

He says all kinds of words, including (but not limited to): "Cool dude!" "Uh-oh... careful" "Come on!" and "I no go" and "Octogon." He can name all his shapes and colors too.

And he's just the most active child ever... but he's really GOOD. He just plays all quietly by himself (well, semi-quietly) and will retreat to his room if too many people are around :-) Not that that sounds like anybody we know...
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:58 am

adj: Terrified

Synonym: Boston

Antonym: Alcoholic beverages

Sample Sentence: Claire was terrified to an irrational degree about moving to Boston, finding a new job, and the prospect of living in a house with several people she didn't know.
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:56 am

and why is this a prospect?
where's the story of this?
:)
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:55 pm

Are we talking commune here or what?
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
NYR94
Master Tripper

Postby NYR94 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:15 am

Boston is an awesome city--is your Marky-poo coming with?
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:22 am

LOL... actually... kind of.

So the story is: Mark's sister works for AmeriCorps and lives in a house with like 5 other people. The company she works for needs a computer guy, and so they offered Mark a job. If he takes it, we move to Boston and the company pays our rent, and gives us money towards school since we get very little actual pay. But its a good deal... depending on whether or not I get a job too, but Mark's sis seems to think that won't be an issue.

So we'd be do-gooders in a big city with coffee shops, subways, and a house full of strangers... kind of like a Bible-thumping version of The Real World.

Except Mark will be living in the same house his sister is, and I'd be put with a bunch of strangers in a different house. Plus, I'll miss the ladies I work with.

And... not to make this sound TOO weird... but... I hate Christians. I mean, I am one, so that may seem like a strange thing to say. But I've had plenty of bad experiences being thrown into situations with those people (Me people). I always get this feeling like any positive attention I get from them is considered charity... the good thing to do, not genuine... and I don't feel like being sized up on top of switching jobs, homes... ugh. Another move.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:58 pm

So. My day was a box of french fries in the dirt. How was yours?
Nephtalius
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Nephtalius » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:58 am

My day was like being so hungry I had to dig the French fries you threw away out of the dirt 'cuz they were all I had to eat.
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle. -- Bucky in the Get Fuzzy comic strip.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:22 pm

LOL... well, at least I'm not alone.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:08 pm

I have been sick like... ick. But it's snowing!!! Woo hoo!

Okay, back to dying...
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:24 pm

Med Training today.

Icky-poo. 7 long evil hours learning how to administer... skittles. At least those were yummy.

And popping them from a blister pack was strangely satisfying.

7 LONG EVIL HOURS...

Oh, and Marky-poo went to his interview in Boston today, and told me that the guy described their little group as 'hardcore Christians.'

I knew it. TOLD YOU!

But Mark said the atomsphere was not like I described (which was: bunch of old fuddy duddys stuffing tracts under my door and insisting that smoking kills and alcohol is of the devil, and 'we'll pray for you and you're backsliding but we can't associate with you because... you're backsliding. You prodigal son, you. *pinches cheek*). He said they were watching Seinfeld andn back at the house, talking about whiskey.

Okay, doable.

But if ONE person tries to inform me about the dangers of smoking... I swear, heads will roll.
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:26 pm

so things are OK with the current job?
Behind the Press

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:30 pm

Things are iffy with the old job. Clients moved, yadayadayada... and now they're slashing staff hours. If I don't get med certified asap, and pass the test and stuff, I'll pretty much be fired.

And if this Boston thingy doesn't pan out, then I'll have to get a second job. I'll be bored.

Yea. Go me.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:53 am

New plate of worries to keeps my nerves occupied allll day long:

1. Stupid resume blurb. You know the blurb at the beginning, where you state your objective? Can't do it. Can't think of a single acceptable thing. My objective is to move the hell out of this room.

2. Homework. Yeah, I like, never do it. And now I have one more class and I haven't done a major project (which it is entirely too late to do) and have a mountain of papers to write before my last class on Monday.

OMG the fattest cat I have ever seen just wobbled under the boat outside.

Anyways...

3. Christmas presents. I have no money for Christmas presents.

4. I miss my Marky.

5. Tonight I will be forced to sleep in the bed that one of my clients urinated in. I sprayed random stuff on it but there was no REAL fabric cleaner around anywhere... not even like, Resolve. So I think I'll try to just bunk on the couch.

6. My clients may not go to bed by 11pm. And they are two of the neediest women ever... and by needy I mean "Claire, I need you to put this lamp on for me (when she is TOTALLY CAPABLE OF DOING IT HERSELF BUT TRIES TO MAKE STAFF HER SLAVE)."

General grumbling.
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:05 pm

1. My resume doesnt have an objective on it. At least you HAVE a resume, right?

2. GET YOUR ASS DOING HOMEWORK

3. I hear you on the whole christmas present thing. I went cheap on things this year and STILL spent an extrodinary amount of money yesterday on presents.
Behind the Press

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:13 pm

1. You mean I might not need an objective at all?

2. My ass is going to work... and the ass will not be home until 9 30 am tomorrow.

I need a laptop.
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:19 pm

i know a lot of people who dont have objectives on their resumes.
besides, an objective can change mattering on the job you're applying for.

what is this project? does it REQUIRE computer use? can you write a draft out long-hand?
Behind the Press

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:24 pm

LOL the PROJECT was a vast amount of community service. My last class is Monday. You see my dilemma :)

I could probably study the topics of my outstanding essays while at work and mull them over, if and when my clients go to bed. These particular two ladies rarely let anyone have a minute even to write in the log books. They're very attention needy. But if they go to bed early, or are at least pacified for a time doing something quietly and ignoring me, maybe I can at least get a draft of each essay done... or more like an outline.

Return to “Personal Blogs”