Del's blog: Can't argue with Moses...

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Del's blog: Can't argue with Moses...

Postby Delaney » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:56 pm

No. It just seemed like the right thing to say.
Last edited by Delaney on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 112 times in total.
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:03 pm

you should bring up something you LIKE. lol
Or the weather. the weather always works.

i'm really chatty tonight. what the hell is wrong with me?
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:09 pm

Me too. Probably has something to do with our barbeque plans in my other blog.

In any case... something I like? Besides sex, right? Hmmm... this could be tricky. We got books and barbeques going in the other blog... already exhausted the limit of ratings for this one aside from that special highlighting thingy Charlie likes to do... I hate sports (aside from sex).

So. Chocolate is yummy. It's an aphrodisiac (how did I do?).
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:12 pm

good post, good post! *claps*
haha

you could talk more about your job. you like that, right?
Behind the Press

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Yeah I do. But it turns me into Mary Poppins. I start talking about my ladies at Pleasent St. and thinking about how sweet they are and how cute and fun they are and how Dottie got new barettes and Doreen wants some new gel pens for her coloring and all the pages and pages of coloring that they've given to me... and suddenly Technicolor butterflies begin to float by and blubirds sing on my shoulder. It's very dibillitating. My I.Q. drops like 10 points.
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:20 pm

:rofl:
but it's good that you found a job you LIKE that much, del. remember all the bitching you used to do about your other jobs?
Behind the Press

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:33 pm

Yeah, I do. DD was the worst... mostly because I tried so HARD, and they still were a bunch of bitchy dramtists. I mean, I'm obviously guilty of this also, but not at work. I'm a good worker, and I work hard. I just want to do my job, suck up to managers a little, and get my paycheck.

Not so at my current place though. I actually just love being there. Tomorrow I get to work during the day (yea!!) so I can talk to the ladies more. I make them laugh... I love that :-)

WINGS was bittersweet though. It was fun in a casual "-------------------------------------------------------------------------" kinda way. And usually the managers were cool. But I did find out that most of those people are gone now anyway, so it was a good time to go, I guess.
Last edited by Delaney on Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:42 pm

yeah... you're doing a great job cleaning up the thread there Del :roll: :roll:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:46 pm

Sorry.
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:53 pm

thanks for fixing, del :)
Behind the Press

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:58 pm

I try.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:56 pm

I wanna see the deleted stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:52 pm

I think I've pissed off Charlie enough today. And I was sober, too. Weird.

Anyways, Pen got me going on these thingys... I really like this one:

You Are a Mermaid

You are a total daydreamer, and people tend to think you're flakier than you actually are.
While your head is often in the clouds, you'll always come back to earth to help someone in need.
Beyond being a caring person, you are also very intelligent and rational.
You understand the connections of the universe better than almost anyone else.

What Mythological Creature Are You?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatmythologicalcreatureareyouquiz/
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:01 pm

You can PM me the deleted stuff!
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:03 pm

After the night's botch of blog posts I just had to... I love the result. I'm just not sure everyone would agree :-D

You Are a Pundit Blogger!

Your blog is smart, insightful, and always a quality read.
Truly appreciated by many, surpassed by only a few

What Kind of Blogger Are You?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofbloggerareyouquiz/ :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:54 pm

So cool...

Your Vampire Name Is...

Princess the Cannibal

What's Your Vampire Name?

http://www.blogthings.com/vampirenamegenerator/
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:27 am

I don't wanna work all afternoon and night again... :(

Anyways. One of my wonderful ladies went to the hospital the night before yesterday, Beverly. She's still having tests done and she can't eat or drink... Laurie my manager called me yesterday and asked me to drive over and see her, so I took another resident with me and we drove all the way doesntown to make sure Bev was okay. Doctors never tell you anything, but Beverly said she felt a little better, even though she didn't really look it.

*sigh* Pray, pray, pray...
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:10 pm

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:08 am

Double shifts are fun.

Anyways, it's my opinion that the Goodwill is hands down the best place to shop (aside from B&N of course). I broke the last chair I got from there so we went back to see if they had another that would suit me. Oh, boy did they. I have no idea how we're gonna get it in my room though. It's big, blue, and rocks back and forth without sqeaking. I don't like squeaks.

I have a history of breaking rocking chairs. I'm obsessed with them. When I was little instead of sitting in my Dad's great big green chair I'd stick both feet in the sides and stand. That chair lasted a few years before we got a new one, which I promptly killed. Then my parents decided it was time for me to learn how to sit. They did too good a job; I haven't stopped sitting since.

I also saw a sexy pair of boots that looked brand new... $3. Hell yeah.
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:25 am

Johnny Depp is getting married!

That dirty rat! :evil:
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:51 am

i thought he was already married? :?
Behind the Press

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:54 am

He's been living with Vanessa Paradis for about a decade but don't think they actually tied the knot (and yes, I looked up her name because I couldn't remember it... i'm not THAT big of a fan).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:59 am

Dude... she's BLONDE! :cry:
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:07 am

charlesp wrote:He's been living with Vanessa Paradis for about a decade but don't think they actually tied the knot (and yes, I looked up her name because I couldn't remember it... i'm not THAT big of a fan).

one would think under common law they'd already be married.
Behind the Press

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:10 am

M'eh, it's in France... they don't have any laws over there :D

Return to “Personal Blogs”