Pengwenn's hemorrhagging money

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:36 am

Separated at Birth: 10 Game Characters and their Real Life Lookalikes

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:53 am

I have a half day today so I'll look it up when I get home. I thought it might be a "12 step program to breaking the gaming habit" type of thing. You know, more time to write and such.
Is this my reality or yours?
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:58 pm

I've been home sick with the flu and I don't like it. Between the coughing and the sneezing and the shivering and the sweating I've decided I don't want to sick any more. Can someone please get started on that. I'd really appreciate it.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:26 pm

I'm still sick and I was laying in bed this morning when a coughing fit came over me. Apparently I was laying a little funny because I pulled a muscle ialong my ribs across my back. Now I can't raise my right arm up and every time I cough it hurts really bad. I'm just falling apart in my old age.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Well, gee . . . I WONDERED where that flu went when it finally left me . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Nephtalius
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Nephtalius » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:58 pm

pengwenn wrote:I've been home sick with the flu and I don't like it. Between the coughing and the sneezing and the shivering and the sweating I've decided I don't want to sick any more. Can someone please get started on that. I'd really appreciate it.

I'm coming down with something too. I just can't fit it into my schedule right now.
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle. -- Bucky in the Get Fuzzy comic strip.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:19 am

Have we heard from Pengy lately? Did this thing actually kill her? Maybe it finished her off and that's why it came back for me . . . :shock:

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 pm

You can have it back Mudge. It's all yours.

Actually I pulled a few muscles in my back (along the backside of my right ribs), and get this . . . I did it while coughing. My mother had to take me to urgent care on Monday. I've been home again for the last two days bue this time I've been coughing and unable to move. I've been in Vicodin, Soma and Ibuprophen so I've been out cold most of the time. I have to go back to work tomorrow.

CAN YOU TELL I HATE JANUARY SO FAR!
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:00 pm

hell, if *I* were on those drugs, I wouldn't be going back to work until AUGUST!

Feel better, peng . . .

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 pm

I don't think I've got enough to last until August. I feel like I can sleep until August though.

My mom was going to come pick me up and take me over to their place so I can sit in their hot tub tonight. She called a little earlier and said they're going out to my brother's house to watch the grandkids because my sister-in-law isn't feeling well. She's nauseous and has hemroids (she just had a new baby on the 10th). My brother has to go back to work (he's been off on paternity leave) and he doesn't want to leave the kids with Amanda). I guess if I want to go sit in the hot tub I've got to figure out how to drive over there myself.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:49 am

OK, if you're going to pass this cold/flu/croup crap back to me, at LEAST you could share the drugs . . .

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:58 am

The good drugs were for my back so they're all mine. Now if you pull a couple of back muscles coughing like I did, then we'll talk.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Well, I'm a GUY: even if I DID pull back muscles coughing, I wouldn't admit it. People'd ask "What happened?" and I'd say "Ever read The Joy of sex? Page 264? That's a misprint."

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Ha ha. Yeah my friends (the guy friends anyway) gave me a hard time when I told them I did it laying down in bed. They refused to believe I was alone at the time. A couple volunteered for a re-enactment though. But sadly to say I was telling the truth.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:13 pm

I have an interview tomorrow for a Desktop Publishing Technician position here at work. They're the ones who creat all our company forms and templates and other such stuff. There's things in the job description that I don't know how to do but I'm a quick learner and I'm sure I could pick it up. (It's really hard to learn those things at home since I run a different version of Office and Windows as we have here at work.)
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:47 am

Well, I didn't get the job. He hired someone that has previous experience doing the same thing in the past. I know the hiring manager and he said that if any other positions come up in his department he'll let me know. He also said that if there's any department I want to learn more about he'd be happy to do some research and find things out about it. He's a nice guys who've I've known for years. He said he really wanted to hire me but it needs someone who has the experience and can hit the ground running because they're so overwhelmed right now. Oh well. Next time I guess.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:40 am

I just hate this time of year. You know, on the drive into work when the sun is just over the horizon, but under your visor so it burns directly into your eyes. And the temperature warms up enough that everything starts to come into bloom so your allergies start revving up. Your eyes water and itch. Your nose runs nonstop. And your sinus feel like their going to explode. I hate this time of year.
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:41 pm

and I LOVE this time of year... three words
Girl Scout Cookies

ahhhhhhh... I'm on a Samoas buzz right now and life is good :D

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Thin mints are my drug . . . I mean cookie of choice.
mslover
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mslover » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:28 pm

i love the thin mints and the samoas... but girl scout cookies are not in my budget right now... grrrr... nor i suppose should they be in my diet! oh well...

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories - we've already missed the spring"

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Last week and this week my company is having a convention for our agents. Unfortunately last week a couple of the assistants in other departments got a little drunk and rowdy (some even forcibly removed from the hospitality suite) that this week the assistants aren't allowed to go unless they are accompanied by an underwriter at all times. I was not one of the rowdy ones but now they've gone and ruined it for the rest of us. There were several complaints that made it all the way up to the president of the company. Now we'll never be able to go to these functions again.
LizGrayson

Postby LizGrayson » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:53 am

Geez, whatever happened to holding those responsible accountable for their own actions? Immediately fire them, but yeesh, why didn't they just stop serving alcohol at this thing, instead of treating the rest of you like children? To me that makes more sense. That really stinks!

Here's a <<<<<<<HUG>>>>>>> to help you feel better.
Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star and they give you them for free! ~ Billy Mack (aka the lovely Bill Nighy), Love Actually
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:36 am

They'd never do away with the booze; our agents wouldn't come if they did. One of the things I heard happen was a male assistant mooned a female director and said "kiss my a$$". Why that wasn't grounds for termination I don't know. The same person also kept calling the VP of our area "Chester". And that ain't his name.

I'm an adult and I recognize that this is a business function but apparently not a lot of other people did. Oh well. I think there was no many people being rowdy to fire them all. But it only takes one to ruin the fun for the rest of us.
LizGrayson

Postby LizGrayson » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:43 am

Unfortunately one bad apple spoils the bunch. That stinks that they couldn't fire that guy. All they need now is the lady that got mooned to sue on grounds of harrasment.

Some people are so stupid.
Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star and they give you them for free! ~ Billy Mack (aka the lovely Bill Nighy), Love Actually
jt752
Master Tripper

Postby jt752 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:07 pm

I'm suprised that they as an insurance company still serve alcohol at any company function. I assume this is an insurance company because you mention agents and underwriters.

A lot of companies have stopped because of the liability. If a person gets drunk at a company function and then kills or injures a person in an accident, then the company can be sued. At least here in Illinois, they can.
"There is no intergalactic plot to keep you from being published."

"So stop whining and get on with it."

Return to “Personal Blogs”