Pengwenn's hemorrhagging money

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:17 am

The worst part about being upset and depressed is when you want to talk it out with someone and they just don't care to listen. That happens a lot to me. I need to talk things out and how I'm feeling with all the crap flying around me, but no one wants to listen.

And gwenn, I hope everything works out with your eye. I understand the piling on factor.
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:56 am

or, even if you find someone who DOES want to listen, you tell them the whole thing and they look at you with this blank stare like, "Yeah, so ... what's the problem?"
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Hard for that to happen when no one wants to listen, tho. Yet, I don't know which is worse.
Behind the Press

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:20 pm

I love the Pearls Before Swine comic strip. Today's strip was funny. And now I'll go see about getting some maracas.....I live alone so it might work for me.

Is this my reality or yours?
mslover
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mslover » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:53 pm

heehee... that is AWESOME! time to get some maracas! :D

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories - we've already missed the spring"

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Needs more vuvuzela. ;)

Cute cartoon. It's sort of funny how writing usually lifts me out of depression and makes me feel accomplished, but I'm just too tired to write.
Behind the Press

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 am

xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:28 pm

I've never seen this comic strip before reading it here. funny. What's the link to it?
Behind the Press

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:26 pm

I read the author's blog and click through to comics.com for the daily strip. Here's Stephen Pastis's blog
mslover
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mslover » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:24 pm

peng...didja get yer maracas yet?? :D

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories - we've already missed the spring"

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:51 am

You'd think it would be easy to find a pair of maracas in AZ but I haven't found any yet . . . so I'm resulting in killing people online. :)

I love your "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain." line in your signature. Who said it?
mslover
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mslover » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:44 pm

hmmm... i have it attributed to Vivian Greene

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:59 am

Hey, pengie...I've had a set for years. Never thought of using them to cope! :-D Now, I wonder if I still have them since we moved. There are MANY things I'm discovering I no longer have. Moving was a crazy time...as you all know.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:50 am

Were you a member of a mariachi band in your youth? :D
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Yesterday, I pulled out pen and paper to write a letter to a friend so I could include it with a package I was sending him. By the time I was done with the one page letter my right wrist hurt badly. I guess I haven't use those "letter writing muscles" in a very long time. It still hurts a bit this morning. I guess I've been fully asimilated into the digital age.
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Oh ya... when I sit down and actually WRITE something out for a long time, my hand hurts. The greater issue is the fact I can hardly read my own writing. :shock:
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:19 pm

I guess it's good I still hand write all my notes eh?
Behind the Press

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Oh, how my life has gotten crazy. A friend of mine got kicked out of the house where he was staying so he's now staying with me. I haven't had a roommate since college. It's been a tough transition. He let his ex-wife borrow his car and now she refuses to give it back. She told him if he makes a fuss about it she'll sue him for back child support. So now he doesn't have a car . . . and he's out of work. Not having the car is making it hard for him to find a job. If I hadn't have stepped in to help him out he would have been living on the street. He's helping me out a lot around the house which is nice but it doesn't bring in any money.

At work our division has been going through a reorganization. Our department was going to be left out of it for awhile but our manager decided he wanted to be a "team player" and make the changes now. Things haven't been going well for anyone. Not only did they reorg but they're also changing procedures at the same time . . . and they moved where everybody sits too. Not very many people are happy about the whole thing. I'm a senior uw assistant and I got stuck with a desk that is small and was built for a clerk. There's no room for a 5-high file cabinet and barely enough room for a guest chair. Since I have people in my cubicle all the time I need that. And it has no privacy. Everybody else's cubes are positioned for their desk to be behind a wall. My cube is completely open to anyone walking by AND it sits right on the junction of two pathways that lead to a couple of printers so everybody is walking by all day long. It sucks. They tried to reconfigure the cube to make it better but now the only place for the quest chair is in the doorway so I have to walk over it to get in and out of my cube.

I've been living with various levels of irritation with all the changes that are going on in my life for the last month or so that I'm almost perpetually in a bad mood. I'm afraid this state of mind might not be temporary. I don't know if this means anything but I'm suddenly drawn to writing again. Maybe I'm an angry writer (even though my stuff isn't angry in nature).
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 pm

I know it's been awhile since I posted anything here on the site but I do check in every now and then. Just quick little glances when I can spare a minute or two.

As the titles states, I've been hemorrhagging money for the past couple of months. Within a 3 week period I had to 1) replace my water heater 2) replace my radiator in car 3) spent a lovely overnight visit at the local hospital before send sent home with "we're not going to do anything abou it" 4) replaced the filters in my RO system 5) had plumbing problem partial fixed (they can't fix the whole problem with out punching a hole in the wall) 6) had repairs done to my AC unit. And now my pool pump isn't working properly and I've been nursing it along because I don't have any money left to repair it. I see dollar signs on everything now. And I'm counting pennies and trying to hold on to as many as I can.

My friend is still living with me, still unemployed, still without a car. And no where to kick him out to. I'm starting to feel like I've adopted a 12 year old boy. Not old enough to go out into the world on his own, but young enough that I've got to pay for everything. It was fine for awhile but with all the 'extra' expenses I've had recently the situation has been frustrating.

I don't think I was reading much the last half of 2012 and I was starting to notice how it was effecting my communication. I made it a goal this year to read a lot. So far so good. And things have gotten better.

Anblick I do keep up on your blogspot blog, even if I don't comment.
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Wow Penn... you weren't kidding with that subject line! The only comparison I have was last year when my husband decided to fake a stroke which cost us about $10k. Luckily the hospital wrote some of it off and we're paying off the balance. Now I'm racking up the doctor bills with some physical therapy.

But it still doesn't touch what you're doing.

My son is living with me and has been for a year... and he needs to move out! I read a series of books and that's about it. Reading has never really helped me when I'm stressed... it distracts me and then I get angry I'm distracted and not doing things I need to do. It's backwards, I know, but...

I hope things get better for you!!!
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts

Return to “Personal Blogs”