Anblick's Anamorphosis

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Congrats, dude ...
(he snickered, KNOWING that poor 'blick has NO idea what he's in for ...)
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:25 pm

congrats :)
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon May 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Finally got into my ftp despite Vista!

Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon May 04, 2009 11:50 pm

born at 12:54pm Mountain time. 19.5" & 6lbs 14 oz
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue May 05, 2009 10:18 am

You cried didn't you? Ah! Congrats to both of you. I hope you can survive without sleep. :D
Is this my reality or yours?
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Thu May 07, 2009 9:07 am

Congrats Anby!
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Well, my life is sure shaping up. I have 50 calendar days left to work for the Air Force (28 Sep is my first day no longer working for them / 1 Jan is the official retirement date). My resume is in with Lockheed Martin to hopefully start the next leg of my life!

Baby is doing fine, we recently got back from vactioning in SC to let the family meet the kids (minus Keller).
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:53 am

Retirement? What is this "retirement" of which you speak?

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:02 pm

I'm calling it quits! No mas!
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Congrats Anby! (on baby doing well, retirement, and everything looking well for you and yours).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Well, been looking for a job now, but haven't found one yet (in fact Candice has had to take a job while I look for the bigger paying one). No pay at all this month, but retirement pay starts Feb 1st, so things will ease up a bit financially.

Donna's doing great! I'm in the middle of the adoption process for Gabriel (her oldest) to ensure no glitches in him staying mine should the worst happen to her.

I'm still optimistic and just as happy as ever since I met Candice!

I also haven't gotten drunk in almost 2 years, only having a drink or maybe two on holidays and special occasions. All this without a lick of withdrawal or want. She's been really good for me!

I do have some free time on my hands now, playing Mr. Mom, so maybe I'll be around more.

On a side note, Anyone on Facebook besides Mlou, Hiss, and Tina? drop me a note or look me up via their friends list if you are!
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:28 pm

So the job hunt is all but over. I've accepted a job with Lockheed Martin and just have to wait for the background check and drug test to come back. Should be no more than a week!
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:03 pm

I've been working for 3 months now at LM, but the house-buying process has been a nightmare.

We found a dream house, but it was a short sale. We made a reasonable offer and went into the waiting game. In short Bank of America is a bunch of a-holes that will never get my business. They went into this stalling game designed to get us to give up and move on so they could forclose on the sellers and own the house outright (allowing them to wait a while for the market to rise and sell it at a profit). This is one of the prime reasons why the market is so bad. The laws were in our favor, and BoA should have accepted it, but kept coming up with petty excuses why not to accept (the amount was never one - like I said it was reasonable [the same amount being asked]). Everything was in order in according with Colorado law, but they said it wasn't. When it was pointed out to them that it was, they said the whole process would have to start over from step one.

So, we started looking into other houses, but keeping our contract on that one current. We found one that was bigger but with a smaller yard. (Original house was 3738sqft+815sqft finished basement and 23,958 sqft yard; new house is 3648sqft+1748sq ft unfinished basement and 12,632 sqft yard). It is going to cost us $20K more plus we have to add a shower to the main floor right off the bat for my grandmother-in-law who lives with us, but it promises to have zero hassle assuming our offer is accepted (which we're 99% sure it will be).

The adoption is final for Gabe, though we still haven't gotten his new birth certificate from Wyoming yet.
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Ah yes... the lovely short sale. We were on the other end of that earlier this year. We put our house on the market in August 2009 and had an offer in less than a week....... and then it finally closed in January 2010. Why? Not because we couldn't' agree on a price (hell, we weren't the ones dictating price)... it was because the bank (el dreaded Bank of America again) took forever to get around to our case. They even closed it before even dealing with it... accidentally of course. Granted BofA got hosed because they had to take on all of Country Wide's loans (including ours) but ulitmately they would have saved themselves money if they had closed it sooner. Luckily our buyer was an investor and didn't need to move in... it's the buyers out there who are waiting to move in that are having the roughest times with the banks. Well, the sellers are having rough times... I know... I was one of them! You sit around waiting for that call telling you that the buyer has backed out because it's taking too long... and they can back out up until the last minute before the bank finally agrees to everything. In the long run, we were lucky because we didn't have to move out until after the holidays.

I'm sure glad that's over!!
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 am

We put our house on the market last November (http://chattanoogahome4sale.com if anyone cares) and in four months had ONE call. One.

So then the realtor called and said someone might be interested in renting it, if we wanted. Now, we didn't HAVE to move ... just thinking of downsizing and wonder what would happen if the house were for sale. So we were like, well, we'll consider it. So realtor lists it as available to rent, as well.

We had people coming through that house every other day. Literally. Had it rented in about two weeks, to some people from Germany who are here temporarily for the new VW plant.

Downside was, we had to find a new house, get financing, close, pack, and move ... in just under 3 weeks.

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
JB
Wordtrip Grand Master

wow

Postby JB » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:57 pm

wonderful to see that lovely little princess, anblick. Congrats are a long time coming from me ...soooooooooo here is a delayed

:congrats: :congrats:

on your newest beautiful addition to your family. :)
"So. You're famous?"

My son to Kinky Friedman at the author's book signing.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:46 pm

We close on the 20th and will be moving the Fri-Sun starting the 23rd (though we also get possession and keys the 20th)!
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Is pleased to announce that his wife is expecting another baby on around the 10th of May!
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Whoo Hoo!!!! Excited or overwhelmed yet?
Is this my reality or yours?
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Excited, though yesterday we had excitement of a different type as Gabriel broke his arm trying to learn (first attempt) to ride a bike without training wheels. Knowing him, it'll likely be his last attempt. :-(
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Yay! on the baby. :)
That's too bad about the bike. :(
Behind the Press

There's always a bloody ghost.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 pm

He's got a sweet purple and glow-in-the-dark white cast. He was a trooper. Once we got to the hospital (which we were in and out of in an hour and a half btw) and got the plastic form temporary splint waiting on his x-rays, he never cried again. Didn't get and pain killers until we got home when we gave him some children's Motrin.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 am

We have a no-later-than date for the new baby: May 4th (yes, her sister's birthday and the anniversary of my proposal)
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:19 am

Congrats! I know the last few weeks can get pretty miserable.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:20 am

Oh, yes. Candice has been wanting it out for over a month. And this pregnancy hs been particularly rough (3 visits to the ER - prompting me to joke we should change her name to Emily Rose for the initials)

Return to “Personal Blogs”