Anblick's Anamorphosis

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:56 pm

We're gonna find out. But that's still a little ways away.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:44 pm

Well, I should be back a little more regular for the next few months until I have cataract surgery and recover from it, then my work schedule will go back to the horrible rotating one.

We find out 22 Dec whether it's a boy or a girl, so lots of excitement building up there.

Also, this is going to be my first Christmas with MY new family, so I'm very excited about the holidays for the first time in forever.

We didn't win the custody case for the youngest son, (I'll likely vent about that at a later time, but suffice it to say that the impartial third party actually made a statement in her report to the effect that Darwin's [the father] verbal abuse my wife and our autistic son for so long was HER fault and she had no right to kick him out because of it!)
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:50 am

Anby, sorry about the custody case. Someone should smack the 3rd party upside the head, but it's a happy time now....

I'm thrilled for you and your family. Sending you big hugs.
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul." - GD
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:02 am

Surgery is set for 14 Jan!
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:35 am

I wish you luck and I'll be praying for you!
Is this my reality or yours?
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:52 am

So the ultrasound results are in.

It's gonna be a girl!

And I felt her kick for the first time last night!
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:25 am

You're in trouble. She's going to have you wrapped around her little finger. You better practice saying NO now. When she looks at you with those little eyes and pouts her lips you'll be doomed. Congratulations!
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Oh you are in soooooooooooooooooo much trouble. Speaking from a Daddy's girl POV, yah, you are DOOOOMED. I'm so very happy for you.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:10 pm

Her name will be Donna Marie...
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:33 am

I don't know if I'd settle on a name yet. My brother just had a baby and her name was going to be Lindsey all the way up until the time she went into the hospital. Then all of a sudden it was "what do you think about the name Rachel?" They waited until after she was born and decided she looked like a Rachel instead of a Lindsey.

When my niece was born she was going to be Morgan. When my brother-in-law was playing with her on the bed afterwards he just started calling her Dani. My sister asked where that came from and he said he didn't know. "She just looks like a Dani." And Dani she was.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:27 pm

SUNDAY!!!!! Starts the new season of 24. Just thought I'd share that. i know you are super busy with your daughter's arrival coming very soon, but ya never know you might be able to catch an episode or two while pacing the floor. ;)
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Tony! Tony! Tony! Tony!
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:40 pm

TinaS1570 wrote:SUNDAY!!!!! Starts the new season of 24. Just thought I'd share that. i know you are super busy with your daughter's arrival coming very soon, but ya never know you might be able to catch an episode or two while pacing the floor. ;)

Well, she's not due till May 5, but there are plenty of things keeping me busy. My TiVo has it waiting for me, though!
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:04 pm

So the eye surgery went amazingly well, I can see amazingly well (except for up close text - I currently need reading glasses)!!!!!

I can't wait to do the other eye now!
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:58 am

It's nice to see isn't it? I hope it wasn't too painful. You probably can't see because he implanted a lense for distance. Is he going to do the same on the other eye or use a lense for reading? Don't be to eager for the next eye. You want to make sure everything is okay with this eye (no rejection) before you start messing with the other eye. I'm glad you can see!
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 am

Yeah, it's a lens for distance. The other eye will be the same when it's done this summer. I'm 20/25 so far and getting better. I'll always need reading glasses, though yesterday for about an hour I was focusing on text on the computer screen without them, so maybe I'll be better for close stuff than I thought, though I have no delusions that will be the case.

The only pain was a discomfort like a grain of sand in the eye, and when the dexamethasone drops went in for the first week it felt like dropping rubbing alcohol in an open cut.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Oh yeah, I remember that. Thanks for bringing it up. :evil: For me I would have described it as droping knives or needles point first into my eye. I hope you're wearing sunglasses outside. My eyes were extremely sensitive to light after cat surgery. Maybe because I could finally see.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 pm

My eyes have always been very sensitive to sunlight (because they're so blue), but outside of the first week, it seems like the same sensitivity to it.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:25 am

Well, the eyes are going great, and baby Donna is kicking away furiously inside Candice. She's due May 6th, but we're thinking mid-April is when she'll make her debut. I'm back to working crew rotations, so not online as frequently. I'll try to keep everyone informed, and if I think of anything to post for a challenge, I'll try and post it, too.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:13 am

It makes a world of difference when you can see better, doesn't it? I'm glad your eyes are good. I've been there, done that, so I can sympathize. We want baby pictures . . . especially ones of your proud papa face. I imagine it will be something like this: :shock: or :cry: (in a good way).
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Well, I still need the second eye operated on. Not sure when that surgery date will be. I'll probably put pictures on my facebook page. (On a side note - I'm probably going to remove my MySpace account in a few months since I never use it anymore). If you have facebook, look me up or PM me and I'll tell you the e-mail I'm signed up under if you don't have my e-mail already.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:19 am

I don't have a Facebook account. My sister said she has a Facebook acount so I went online to find it. I found out I have to register with the site in order to view it. I have big qualms about having to sign up to a sight just to view what's on there.
Last edited by pengwenn on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:44 am

Pengwenn - I can understand that, but I'm glad it's that way too. I keep my profile on FB private and I wouldn't want just anyone looking at the page. Not that I don't have anything terrible on it. I just find it unfair these days that colleges, grad schools and potential employers are using what people do in their PRIVATE life as whether or not they are a good fit for a position/being a student.

Anby I'm going to go find you know and add you.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri May 01, 2009 6:41 pm

For those that are curious, unless she comes sooner, we're headed to the hospital at 630am Monday to induce!
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon May 04, 2009 6:42 pm

Our baby was born today and is healthy. I can't seem to get into my website or the picture ftp site here to post a picture yet, but will try again when I get more of a chance. In the mean time for those of you with facebook, you can see her pictures there on my page.

Return to “Personal Blogs”