Long Time...No See

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Daniel
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Daniel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:33 pm

What you smoke must be terrific! You even speak Chinese while wagging your tail! :D
"I think that in order to understand other people's suffering and distress one must have, among other things, a great imagination."

YOU ARE TO ME WHAT YOU CHOSE TO BE.
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:39 pm

It's the endorphins, and my undying love of all that is Tiffany!!!
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men
Daniel
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Daniel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:06 pm

It's kind of my love to all that's Epiphany, which leads me to a brand new kind of joy called: epindorphin or tipiphany or endoffany or tidorphin or rendorphin or tibecca or bffany or kakiffany or endodka or vodccaphany and names of the sort.
"I think that in order to understand other people's suffering and distress one must have, among other things, a great imagination."

YOU ARE TO ME WHAT YOU CHOSE TO BE.
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:12 pm

:scratch:
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:09 pm

My brother-in-law's girlfriend is pregnant, and they are trying to decide on names for the baby. They...or my brother-in-law...has decided that he wants to the baby David if it is a boy. This is to honor my late husband. I'm really concerned about this name for two reasons. First of all, David was on a pedestal in this family. He was the first child and the first grandchild...and for six years the only grandchild. Our little family was devastated when he passed away. Also, I think David would be an awful lot for this child to live up to. My second reason in that the name David has a tragic history in the family. Over the past three generations, one David died when he was kicked by horse, another David was killed when his car blew up, and our David died of cancer. It has been mentioned that the name David might need a generation of rest. Of course, I have considered that I don't want the baby named David for my own personal reasons...although I'm not sure what they are. So, I'm crossing my fingers that this precious life is a little girl.
Rebecca

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:53 am

What about David for a middle name? Did your David have a middle name? Maybe thay could use that one.
Is this my reality or yours?
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:38 am

I think the mother is thinking about it David as a middle name. I think that would be an acceptable compromise.
Rebecca

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:22 pm

My brother announced when they were expected their first son that he wanted to pay tribute to his and her fathers by giving their son of those the dad's names. My dad didn't like the idea. He thought a child should have their own name. As a compromise my nephew's middle name is my dad's middle name. For the next boy he'll have his maternal grandfather's middle name as his middle name. For the girls they don't really care much. Go figure.
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Well...apparently my brother-in-law doesn't like his family very much, and David is the only one he wants to name a child after. :roll: I bit my tongue with that little tidbit of information.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:59 pm

Just finished my Bourne-athon. Watched all three Bourne movies in the last 24 hours. However, at the theater tonight watching the third Bourne movie, I saw a preview for "Beowulf." OH YEAH!!! Can't wait. It looks awesome!!!
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Just sitting here on my lunch break trying to enjoy my Schlotzsky's turkey sandwich...but...NOOOooo...I just pulled a very long, disgusting black hair out of it! GROSS!!! And since I have blonde hair...I know it's not mine. I guess I need to call Schlotzsky's now...yuck!!!
Rebecca

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

I can top that . . . but you would never eat at Chili's again . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:04 pm

Yeah...don't tell me...I love Chili's.
Rebecca

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:54 pm

I tried renting the first Bourne from netflix but there's a horrendous wait for it.
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:05 pm

My friend and I tried to rent it, but we couldn't find a movie rental place in the DFW area that had it...so she broke down and bought the first two. She got the first two as a set for $17.00 at Wal-Mart.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:35 am

Yea!!! I have been computerless at home for about a month. It sucked. My laptop fell victim to another set viruses, and according to the geniuses at Geek Squad it was their brilliant virus ware that crashed my laptop. Apparently, someone created a virus to attack their virus scan whenever it was activated. Just great!!! Don't even get me started on Geek Squad. So, my parents' neighbor built me a new computer for far less than what I paid those geeks to fix it. I'm so happy. I actually have color in my monitor (which I couldn't ever figure out how to fix on my laptop). So far...it is really fast. I have a keyboard that has a ten-key pad...which I'm really reliant on. And my tower is really pretty...it has a red case. I love red. The only other acceptable color would've been pink. But I'm really trying to reign in the amount of pink I have in my apartment...it's kind of scary.

On a much more serious note, last week our family got shook to the core. My brother tried to commit suicide. He's always had these spells of mania, but he's never tried to actually kill himself. Well, we finally have a doctor that will diagnosis what we felt all along...he is bipolar. Finally he is able to get help for his problems, although we are really pretty miffed at all of the counselors, doctors, etc that he seen throughout the years who missed this diagnosis! GRRR!!!
Rebecca

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:13 am

Well . . . ah . . . congrats on the new 'puter . . . and sorry about your brother (although I can definitely relate, both to his condition and the doctors, etc.).
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
mslover
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mslover » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:30 am

cool about the computer... i know the feeling - i just got a new one myself (with a red top) and am loving it.... heck sometimes i just sit there and stare at it with a big grin on my face.

ummm...sorry to hear about the brother but hopefully now he can get the help he needs.

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories - we've already missed the spring"

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:08 pm

I'm shopping for a new laptop but I can't make up my mind to save money and just get the bare essentials or to splurge and get something that will replace my desk top as well (otherwise I'll have to upgrade that one as well within the year).
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:58 pm

Counting down the days until I leave for San Fran (36 days). I'm so looking forward to getting away for awhile. I'm also looking forward to another half marathon. I haven't done one since November of last year. It's too much time off. But more than anything...I just need time off of work. I'm burnt out!
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:53 pm

Three weeks from now, I will have a silver Tiffany necklace around my neck as proof that I finished the Nike Women's half marathon. I cannot wait!!! My mom and I were planning our tours today, and I'm sooooo looking forward to this vacation. I need one so badly.
Rebecca

mslover
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mslover » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:05 pm

That is so awesome! i would never do a marathon...tho have considered trying a short triathalon once...most i've ever done is a 5K... :oops:

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories - we've already missed the spring"

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:24 pm

I used to be an avid 5ker, but now I don't even bother. I am thinking about doing a sprint or Olympic distance triathlon next year. My only fear is that I haven't been on bicycle in close to 20 years... :shock:
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:33 pm

I made it back from San Francisco. I had a great time!!! It was fun to be a tourist, and I learned a lot. I especially learned a lot about the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, because it was mentioned on every single tour I took. The race went well...at least, I finished. I tripped and fell at about 7.5 miles though it. I skinned my right knee, left elbow, the palms of both of my hands and the tip of my right forefinger. It took me an hour longer to finish than I had hoped for...but I still got the Tiffany necklace!!!

As for the tourist bit, I had such a great time and took a bunch of pictures. I think there are so many stories in many of them, that they should be the inspiration of several stories...hopefully can get me through the winter. My favorite part of the entire trip was Alcatraz!!! I had a blast visiting "The Rock." It's one of the few places that I really want to go back to.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:27 pm

Our family has a knack for producing what we like to call precocious little girls. My cousin's three year old daughter is no different. My cousin and her family were at her husband's parents for Christmas, and they were getting ready to take pictures. Maggie was in an adorable little dress that looked like something out of "Little Women." She walked up to her 7 yeard old cousin and asked "Am I pwetty?" Jake just shrugged, and didn't really answer. That's when Maggie responded with "tell me I'm pwetty or I'll punch you in the face." Sadly, that could've been said by any of us girls when we were 3 years old...heck, we might say it now. Don't you just love the little gems that come out of the mouths of children?
Rebecca

Return to “Personal Blogs”