Long Time...No See

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:05 pm

This is a great review . . . but definitely not for kids. Kinda coarse language.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33214
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:32 pm

:)) that IS a great review...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:38 pm

Yeah, Harry wasn't as thrilled with it . . . wanted it to be more serious . . . but still.

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:41 pm

AHHH...loved the review!!! Ok...so I might actually go see it tonight, and then again tomorrow. WOO WOO!!!
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:27 pm

I finally got to see Transformers...and it was BLOODY AWESOME!!! The CGI graphics are incredible. The plot was pretty basic, but that's ok because the CGI GRAPHICS ARE INCREDIBLE!!! The acting was ok; however, I have a new celebrity crush (watch out Vincent). Shia LaBeauf is a little cutie. Which begs the question...what is wrong with me? My celebrity crushes tend to fall into two categories: barely legal and old enough to be my father. Back to the movie...I thought the action scenes were first rate, and the cars were amazing. With that, my favorite character in the movie was the soundtrack. The music adds some laughs and they used some really good tunes. One tiny note to those with youngins...may not be too appropriate...but that's just my opinion. All in all, it is the best action movie I've seen in a very long time (of course, I didn't see the last two Star Wars). Well worth $7.00.
Rebecca

LilacWine
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby LilacWine » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:36 am

Did I ever mention that my daughter threatens to name her first child "Optimus Prime"?
"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." -- Joan Didion (1934 - )

~Pamela~
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:44 am

I'm not sure that I would go that far...but I might consider for a nickname :wink:
Rebecca

LilacWine
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby LilacWine » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:30 pm

I told her if she did, I would just call it "Opie"... male or female. . . :D
"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." -- Joan Didion (1934 - )

~Pamela~
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:51 pm

A few months ago, I decided it was about time I quit biting my nails. Yea for me, because I've never needed strong, hard nails quite like I've needed them today. "Why" you ask. I spent nine hours standing outside yesterday. Luckily, all of the rain Texas has been getting made the temperature quite nice; however, there is an onslaught of mosquitoes. Despite frequent applications of OFF!, I was the blood du jour for the all-you-suck mosquito buffet (I'm sure it is because I'm so sweet). They particularly enjoyed my decadent ankles and toes. I'm not sure how they got to my toes, since I was wearing socks and running shoes...but they did. So, I've spent all day to scratching, and scratching feels so much better when you have long and strong finger nails. Oh...the relief. Now, I'm going to stop scratching long enough to pop some Benadryl and try to go to sleep.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:07 pm

Some nights I have the craziest dreams. Take the one I had last night....

I was hiking in the woods along the side of a creek. The trees jutted out along the bank making it difficult to walk, and with one missed step I slid down the bank. Covered in mud and a little shocked, I wasn't sure what to do. Then I looked up and saw a man reaching a hand down to help me up. He was sexy in a grunge rocker sort of way, and he looked really familiar. He helped me out of the mud, and asked me if I was ok. I said I was a little shook up, but I'd be fine. Then he asked me if I wanted to go to church with him. I said that I would love to go to accompany him to church. As we walked through the woods, he explained that he and his partner had started a new church where the area hikers could worship freely without the scrutiny of the "townfolks." He said that he had been hiding his homosexuality for years, and that he and his partner finally found a place where they could be themselves. Then we walked into the modest log building that was only one room with a fire pit in the middle. There were about 20 people sitting around the fire all dressed in hiking garb. I thought to myself...these are definitely the "crunchy granola" type. The man who rescued me introduced me to his partner, Erik, who was tall, blonde, with a sexy little German accent. He was definitely the stereotype of German male model, skiing google included. Then my rescuer announced that the services are about to begin and he picks up his guitar. Everyone gathers around him in a circle as he plays the opening chords to "Yellow Ledbetter." AHA...now I recognized him. The sexy man who rescued me was EDDIE VEDER...PEARL JAM EDDIE VEDER!!! My first thought was...I didn't know Eddie Veder was gay...my second thought...I think this is a cult and I need to get out of here before they offer me Kool-Aid. Then I woke up...damn!!! I really love "Yellow Ledbetter."

Aren't my dreams awesome?!?!
Rebecca

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:32 pm

:shock:

Ok, no more chocolate marshmallow saurkraut and bratwurst sandwiches before bed for YOU, little lady . . .

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:23 pm

Well...Eddie Veder can drop my dreams any time he wants to...gay or straight :D
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:22 pm

Had another freaky dream last night. Let's see what I can remember...

I was running into a mobile home that was being occupied by my aunt and cousins. There were aliens landing and they were wearing silver masks with white sheets thrown over them. I knew that I shouldn't look into the masks. Then my aunt told me that if I looked into their masks that I would be under their control. Then all of sudden several people were scurrying around the mobile home trying to get ready for the Oscars. Outside people were in a mass panic, they were trying to hide behind the 10 feet tall Oscar statues outside of the trailer. Then, the aliens started chanting in Arabic, and someone started screaming that if you looked at their masks then you would automatically be converted to Islam. THEN, Prince William stumbles into the trailer and falls to our feet. We all rush to him to help him out and he starts growing a beard right before our eyes and chanting in Arabic. Then my aunt screams that Prince William has been poisoned by the aliens. I run into the bathroom because I really need to pee, and the aliens are beating down the doors and banging on the side of the trailer. And I know that if I look at them, I will be converted to Islam. And I don't want to be converted to Islam...I just need to pee. I woke up...because I really did need to pee..but it took a few moments for me to ensure myself that there were not Muslim aliens lurking in the dark corners of my room.
Rebecca

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:04 am

Only in Texas would Muslims be considered aliens . . .

Although the part about aliens running the Oscars . . . THAT I can buy . . .

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:05 pm

I'm so bored at work these days. I keep thinking that I'm getting these signs that say "THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU!!!" But...there is always that security thing of having a job, and having a job that I'm good at. But I'm sooooo bored. By Friday, I'm in complete agony. I'm getting to the point where I hate desks and I hate computers. I hate numbers and I hate forms. I have no idea what I want to do...BUT I can't be behind a desk for another 40 or so years. I'll go crazy. So I'm embarking on a journey to find a career where I can have fun and not sit behind a desk for the rest of my working life. Details to come!
Rebecca

Daniel
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Daniel » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:49 am

Coincidence, I swear it! I spent the day saying to myself: "How boring this, how boring that. I just can't help finding this and that completely boring." As if I were a child... Wasn't life supposed to be fun? They (the adults) told me so, let me live that way and then everything changed drastically and I ended up watching the screens with a bewildered expression, among other things a little bit more disgusting.
I think collective madness in our jobs is the reflection of the rest of the world. As the Italian saying goes: "Tutto arriba a chi sa' spetare" which more or less stands for "be patient and you'll meet your expectations." Does it imply that one has to wait? Before a desk? Before a screen? I'd rather disappear.
"I think that in order to understand other people's suffering and distress one must have, among other things, a great imagination."

YOU ARE TO ME WHAT YOU CHOSE TO BE.
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:55 am

bfsooner wrote:I'm so bored at work these days. I keep thinking that I'm getting these signs that say "THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU!!!" But...there is always that security thing of having a job, and having a job that I'm good at. But I'm sooooo bored. By Friday, I'm in complete agony. I'm getting to the point where I hate desks and I hate computers. I hate numbers and I hate forms. I have no idea what I want to do...BUT I can't be behind a desk for another 40 or so years. I'll go crazy. So I'm embarking on a journey to find a career where I can have fun and not sit behind a desk for the rest of my working life. Details to come!

journalism ;)
but you'll be poor. :(
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:43 am

X, I thought about majoring in Journalism when I started college, but then I ran into a Journalism professor whose political beliefs were just left of Castro's. I didn't think I could listen to four years of political drivel, and so I changed my major to a subject where the professor were just slightly right of Castro. :D I'm thinking about going back to school and trying the Journalism thing again. I'm not as idealistic and naive now at 28 as I was at 18. As for being poor, I'm planning on finding a sugar daddy to support me, so I'm not too worried about my income. I just need to make sure there are no stepchildren to fight me for the millions and trillions. :wink:
Rebecca

xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:20 pm

journalism is one of the most rewarding careers. there can be a lot of frustration, stress and, yes, the lack of funding to live a proper life. . .but if it's in your blood, there's nothing else you want to do because it's so much fun, exciting and rewarding. i could make the most boring things exciting. haha

and journalism professors ideals shouldn't be affecting teaching the basics of journalism. that's just wrong, IMO.
Behind the Press

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:30 pm

Oooooooh, don't get me started on leftist college professors!! They're infecting whole generations with their off-the-charts views of things, to say nothing of their incompetency in general. (No, not all...but too many!) Don't know about the rest of you but it did my heart good that they finally sacked Ward Churchill, the pseudo-American Indian, who lied and cheated and was the worst poseur ever.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:15 pm

if leftest professors were infecting everyone with their ideals, the far left liberals would outnumber the conservatives. . .and i dont think that's true ;)
Behind the Press

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:54 pm

I was watching Meredith Veira's interview with J.K. Rowling on Dateline tonight while I fixed dinner. WELLL...since I had my back to the television while I grilled my chicken, I totally missed the "Spoiler Alert" that flashed on the screen while J.K. talks about the actors in the film and then reveals who died in the last novel!!! DANG YOU!!! I'm so crushed. I'm really sad, and really upset that 1) the ending is ruined for me and 2) that my worst fear for the ending of this series was realized. So, I ran out and finally bought my copy and now I will probably stay up all night reading it, even though I know the ending.
Rebecca

Daniel
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Daniel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:01 pm

:cry:
"I think that in order to understand other people's suffering and distress one must have, among other things, a great imagination."

YOU ARE TO ME WHAT YOU CHOSE TO BE.
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:21 pm

I'm back at it again. Training for another half marathon. Yea!!! This time I'm going to the Nike Women's Marathon and Half Marathon in San Francisco!!! WOO HOO!!! So...this event is challenging because I need to raise $3800 and I've heard there might be a hill or two...or twenty...but that's ok. Because once I claim the "Princess of the Hills" jersey (something I just made up), I get a cute little silver necklace...and I really, really want THAT necklace. What's so special about this necklace? Well, a handsome SF firefighter in a tuxedo will hand it to me. It will be wrapped in a blue box with a white ribbon around it. And there can only be one silver necklace that comes in a blue and white box...that's right...Tiffany!!! And with this necklace comes BIG, FAT BRAGGING RIGHTS!!! And maybe a few nanny-nanny-boo-boos for the those poor girls who didn't get signed up in time. See my website link below to follow my progress...WOO HOO...go me and GO TEAM!!!
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:44 pm

Oh...yeah..and Mat Kearney is coming to the House of Blues in Dallas...woo hoo!!! Now I just need to arm twist a friend into going with me.
Rebecca

Return to “Personal Blogs”