Long Time...No See

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:01 am

Haven't yet. Moving back to Chattanooga. I'm doing that full-time job thing again.

Long story.
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:07 am

i wish i was doing the full-time job thing :(
good luck to you guys.

and i owe you some work, dont I, mudge?
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:17 am

uh huh

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:30 am

told you that you need to keep kicking me in the butt to get it done. . .
Behind the Press

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:51 pm

Ok, so I'm not exactly into Sci-fi, but I'm totally into Vincent D'Onofrio. So, last night I decided to watch The Thirteenth Floor. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a really good movie. I might need to check out more "sci-fi-ish" movies.
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:27 am

I loved that movie!
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Today on my lunch break, a couple of my friends and I went to Ulta, and then wandered into the fragrance section. A unique bottle caught my eye. Ok, the actual shape of the bottle isn't unique...it was the name on the bottle...KISS...the band KISS...Gene Simmon's KISS. My initial thought is that this perfume is probably going to smell like leather, body funk, and vodka. Suprisingly, it smells quite nice, a bit of florally, fruity bouquet. I sprayed on me...and I'm really digging it. Of course, I could never admit that I'm wearing a fragrance called KISS...maybe it might just have to be Kiss...with no mention of the rock band. :oops:
Rebecca

Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:42 pm

LOL...they are making perfume after the guy with the lizard's tongue....ah..ya...ok..will have to go sniff this one out now that you have my curiosity aroused. :twisted:
"Come to the dark side; we have coffee!"
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:36 pm

GRRRR...it is freaking cold. IT'S APRIL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. The high today was only 60 degrees. Rain, rain go away...come again on Thanksgiving Day!!! I want my 90 degree at 10 a.m. weather. I'm sick of my winter clothes. I'm ready to break out the capri pants, open-toed shoes, and tank tops. I miss my good friend, the Sun.
Rebecca

Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:41 pm

BF...lol....come to my neck of the woods...the nor'easter is slated to rage on through Thursday and I don't know when I saw "60".... :cry: On Easter it was colder than Christmas.
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:45 pm

I don't think I could make it north of the Mason Dixon line. I'm such a sissy when it comes to cold weather. I like it 'HOTHOTHOT.'
Rebecca

Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:16 pm

Then you wouldn't like it up here...lol, the Boston Marathoners ran in 48 degrees and rain....on Monday :roll:

Though this weekend it's going to be warm....50's to 60's Woohoo...Time for the bikini :!:
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:24 pm

Ooo...48 degrees is the perfect temperature to start a marathon...race days are the only time I appreciate cold weather.
Rebecca

Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:26 pm

they didn't mind the temp, but they did mind the rain...we had a raging Nor'easter.....If it had been snow, we would still be buried :roll:
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:18 pm

rain did enough damage, from the looks of things

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:53 pm

that it did...my basement is the only one dry and My aunt is still pumping. Peabody is a disaster and last I heard there were 6 deaths attributed to the storm.
It was a nasty bit of weather...but that didn't stop last years winner from taking the high honors again this year at the Boston Marathon..
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:55 am

The only ones who enjoyed our storm were the Canada geese, who found all the "pools" in our fields. Today, the sun shines as though it never happened. But the water is still there.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:13 pm

So, I'm getting ready to have another birthday. I don't take getting older very well. But to add insult to injury, I am getting emails from former high school classmates regarding our 10 year reunion. I'm not really sure that I want to go. It is being planner for September. So, basically I have four months to complete my life's ambitions. 1. Get to a smaller waist size than I was in high school 2. Convince some incredibly handsome and independently wealthy man to marry 3. Speed up the normal human gestation period to procreate 2.5 kids 4. Write and publish a wildly popular novel that will have me appearing on talk shows across the world, specifically the Today Show and Oprah.

Ok...ok...so I know this is widely fictitious form of what I would've like to have happened for my 10 year reunion, and I'm asking myself why do I even care? Despite not being wildly successful, I am still successful, by my standards. It's not like over the past 10 years I started caring about what the people I went to high school with thought. I guess this is just another reminder that I'm getting older. I know I shouldn't lament, because 28 isn't old. But sometimes it feels like it.
Rebecca

xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:14 pm

this storm drained me completely from work this last week. i'm enjoying this sunny and WARM weather. my car thermometer said it was 80ish when i left shea this afternoon after the mets game.
Behind the Press

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:55 pm

Gadzooks, BF, you make me chortle! I have a birthday this month too and I can double 28 and add another score or so.
X, don't mention "storm drains". I'm sick of them. :wink:

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:56 am

Actually, MLou, I think we share a birthday.

Ok...need to get something off of my chest. There is a "word" that people usually frequently in blogs that kind of annoys me, but I let it go because blogs are informal ways of communicating. However, I've run across this word recently in office emails and then in an office memorandum...and that's when I can't take it anymore. What's this word...prolly. Come on now folks...if you are going to send out a company wide email and expect it to be taken seriously...USE SPELLCHECK!!! I'm kind of sick of seeing that word...take the time to spell out "probably." Ok...I'm through with my rant. :D
Rebecca

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:00 pm

:-D We all have things that set us off, bf. Mine is people who say "could care less", when it should be COULDN'T care less. If you say you could care less, it means that actually you DO care somewhat. I have several like that. Maybe we should start a thread!

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:59 pm

My dad's pet peeve is "Eating your cake and having it too." He says it doesn't make any sense and it SHOULD be "have your cake and eat it too." Maybe there should be a thread of grammar pet peeves...it could get really interesting.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue May 15, 2007 12:31 pm

Just picked up the new Linkin Park CD...so far...so good... my official review will be coming as soon as I've had the chance to listen to it all the way through. :D
Rebecca

Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Wed May 16, 2007 2:54 pm

What's this word...prolly. Come on now folks...if you are going to send out a company wide email and expect it to be taken seriously...USE SPELLCHECK!!! I'm kind of sick of seeing that word...take the time to spell out "probably." Ok...I'm through with my rant.

I TOTALLY agree. Of course, I'm the kind of person will sit there and look at it just to try and find a shred of sense about it. But nobody says "prolly" do they? Nobody I know. I really wonder how that even got started.

My pet peeve is the Sara Lee slogan. Drives me near insane. "Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee." WAY too many negatives used to get a positive end across.

*shudder*
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>

Return to “Personal Blogs”