Long Time...No See

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:47 pm

Nah, but I am kinda worried about him! He's the "let's cuddle" cat!
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:45 pm

Uh oh! :shock:
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:57 pm

Well, he's my frontline against depression right now!
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:44 am

Yea!!! The first game of the Finals is tonight. I try to catch Mavs games when I get the chance, but I will definitely be tuning in for this series. I wish that professional basketball was easier to follow. With football, you know exactly what day of the week your team is going play. It is going to Sunday, with the occassional Monday night game thrown in there with a Sunday off twice a season, and maybe a Thursday if your playing on Thanksgiving or opening the seaon. Basketball is all of the place. It's hard as hell to plan your life around that schedule. Props to those who can do it. So, I catch a game when I can, and miss those that I can't. However, the Finals are HUGE!!! This town has gone crazy with Mavs fever, and IT IS AWESOME!!! So, tonight I will parked in front of my television cheering on Dirk and the boys thankful that I don't have to watch Nash anymore. Nash, what a gross little guy. I wish he would wash that greasy mop on the top of his head. So, GO MAVS!!!
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:46 pm

One week from today I will be getting on a plane to fly to Anchorage. I can't wait!!! This will be my first time outside of the lower 48. It will also be my longest flight. I'm a little nervous, but I plan on going fully armed. I'm going to rip an audiobook onto my iPod, take the book I'm currently reading, my mom is letting me borrow her portable DVD player, and then of course, there's always Dramamine (sp?). My mom is also letting me borrow her digital camera, so I can get lots of pictures. I'm not sure what sightseeing I will be looking yet, but I know that the marathon course is very scenic. I am also looking forward to a mini-vacation. It will be so nice to get away from my life for a little while. I've been so stressed out about things lately, and it will be nice to be somewhere that I can't do a damn thing about any thing. What a relief!!! So, I just need to endure the next week, and hope that the four days I'm in Alaska are long. Well, actually they will be with the whole daylight thing that have going up there!!! It's a win/win.
Rebecca

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:31 pm

Can't lose, bf! Go for it. Bon voyage and all that! :D
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:09 pm

wooHOO!

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:17 pm

I'm hoping to come back with a lot to write about. I'll have plenty of time to write on the almost seven hour plane flight.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:03 pm

I saw "The Break-Up" last night. Vincent D'Onofrio was cutey patootie in it. It was actually a feat of eye candy with Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Cole Hauser, Peter Billingsley, and many others. There was a little bit for everybody. Not to mention that there were a few scenes where I was laughing so hard my jaw hurt. I highly recommend it if you want a good laugh.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:24 pm

I got back from Alaska this morning, and I have spent the rest of the day sleeping. My clock is really messed up. It is so easy to lose track of time in Alaska since it never really gets dark. The marathon was much more difficult than I had anticipated. Most of the race was "off-road." There's nothing like dodging mosquitoes the size of 747s and trying not to trip on "gravel" the size of baseballs. But I DID IT!!! The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I even got up close to wildlife. I saw two moose on the trail. One was really close to me as well. I got some great pics. I will get them up as soon as I figure out how to do it. The best time I had all weekend was when I went on a cruise around Prince William Sound. I saw a whale, a bunch of sea otters, bald eagles, and salmon. The glaciers were the best part. Their majesty was simply amazing. Our boat captain turned off the engine of the boat so we could sit and listen to one of the glaciers crackle. It was also interesting learning about the history of the Sound and the town around it. All in all, I look forward to going back to Anchorage. I may only do a half marathon, instead of the full, but I'm definitely going back.
Rebecca

xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:30 pm

you were gone? ;)

glad you had a good trip and a good run!
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:34 pm

I'm jealous Rebecca (not about the marathon - but way to go girl!) about you going to Alaska. I've been trying to schedule a cruise to Alaska this year but with all the eye stuff I haven't been able to nail anything down.
Is this my reality or yours?
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:58 am

Yeah, I remember the "mosquitos" when I lived there. They last about a two months, then it's "gnat" season, which is in a sense worse because they swarm and you can't help but breathe them in...
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:56 am

I'm in awe of you doing a marathon in Alaska... and envious of you getting to go. Glad you made it back safe and sound.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
ragingredhawk
Wordtripper

Postby ragingredhawk » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:13 am

A marathon? tough enough.

in Alaska? :shock:

I'm impressed. But not envious. Couldn't pay me to do a marathon. Wouldn't ind going to Alaska though...
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:05 pm

It was definitely worth it. I do marathons with Team In Training, so we raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and get to go around the country for endurance events. Every time I thought about quitting, I would think about all of the people who don't have the choice of quitting, I would start crying, and keep going. It was a very emotional experience, but I am so glad that I did it.
Rebecca

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:33 pm

I have some friends who did a 100 mile bike ride with Team in Training... sitting on my butt exercising sounds better than running :D

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:06 pm

I think that I am going to do a 100 mile bike ride next year. My concern is that it puts a lot of pressure on your back. The ride that I want to do is from Austin to Shiner, Texas. I think I could get motivated to ride 100 miles if there is really great beer at the finish line.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:22 pm

Ugh, work has been so crazy this week. I stayed until after 10 o'clock last night, and I've worked through my lunch everyday this week. I'm exhausted, hungry, and just pissed off. I really hope that I get this weekend off. It's not looking good though. I haven't worked out since I got home from Alaska, and that's starting to take a toll on me as well. Ok, 'nuff of my bitchin'. Just needed to vent.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:27 am

Ha...ha...I had a very scary "mini-dream" this morning in between snooze hits. I dreamed that all of the overtime I have worked this week got put in the "magic payroll computer" as credit hours instead of debit hours, so my paycheck ended up being $.38. :shock: Boy was I glad when I woke up and realized it was just a dream.
Rebecca

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:31 am

You hope it was just a dream. Have to wait for payday now.... :twisted:
Is this my reality or yours?
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:33 am

I know...I know. Stupid dreams. I miss my dreams about the little red wagon I played with as a child...those are good dreams.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:41 pm

This past week at work really did me in. There's nothing more exhausting than 50 hours of numbers, spreadsheets, journal entries, and reports. I had grand plans of rearranging my apartment and getting everything orderly. Well, my dining room looks quite nice. I had a dresser that I really wasn't using, so I decided it would work better as a buffett. However, my bedroom is torn apart from the getting the darn thing out of the bedroom. I have half completed chores all of over the place. I just don't have the energy to finish them. Maybe tomorrow... I have guaranteed a good night''s sleep. Two glasses of Yellow Tail Chardonnay should do the trick. Luckily, I have four days to do my weekend chores. At this rate, I might have them done by then.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:54 pm

I came home from work on Thursday, and there was a pair of tightie whities sitting in the middle of the sidewalk. My first thought was "Boy, I hope they're clean." Then I carefully sidestepped them. Today I came in from the grocery store and there was another pair of men's briefs laying in the exact same spot on the sidewalk. This pair were a tasteful burgundy color. Again, I secretly hoped that they were clean. Seriously though, where is the underwear coming from? Is the tree dropping underwear instead of leaves? I really, really hope they are clean, but I'm kind of thinking that they're not. I guess if I see some man running around without any underwear, I know where to tell him to find them.
Rebecca

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:55 pm

I think someone is trying to send you a message . . .

Either that or ChooChooBear is at it again…

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com

Return to “Personal Blogs”