Long Time...No See

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Long Time...No See

Postby bfsooner » Mon May 30, 2005 8:26 pm

Oh, a place where I can ramble on aimlessly. My mother will be so happy to have some of this taken off of her ears. I think I actually saw the bleed one time I talked so much. So, anyway...I let little really get to me, and stupid things REALLY get to me. Like just an hour ago, I drove to a fast food restaurant that is EVERYWHERE (not to mention the subject of an award-winning documentary) to indulge in one of their menu items (something I don't let myself do very often) and they had sign on the drive-through menu that said "We're temporarily out of meat, please order something else." WHAT??? That's like walking into a bookstore and they have a sign that says "We're temporarily out of books, please buy something else." Now, of course, they have something elses, but THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU WENT THERE FOR!!! Oh...so aggravating!!! Ok...I feel better now.
Last edited by bfsooner on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Rebecca

"The name's Kaknockers...Vod Kaknockers." ~~ Jake, Two and Half Men
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Mon May 30, 2005 8:51 pm

Hey, that just happened to me last week. I went to one place especially for baked stuffed haddock...surely an easy one! Their fish order hadn't come in. Aaaack!
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue May 31, 2005 9:34 am

Grrr...so I'm back into my insomnia cycle. I woke up this morning after only four hours of sleep and four hours before I had to be at work. So, I get online, check to make sure no one emailed me during the wee hours of the morning, and then set out to work on my short story some more. Instead, I get distracted and spend the rest of the morning surfing the Internet trying to find "stuff." Today is going to be sooooo long...I hate insomnia. I need sleep.
Rebecca

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue May 31, 2005 1:37 pm

Lullaby and good night....*sound of soft music playing"

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:14 pm

Oh, goodness. Tomorrow is my last day of work. Panic starting to set in. I will be jobless after 5 p.m. tomorrow. But I made this decision for myself, and I really want to get the heck out of Dodge (by Dodge, I mean Tulsa, Ok). Might need to give the doc a call to refill the ol' Xanax Rx.
Rebecca

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:25 pm

Did I miss something? Sounds like you're moving far from where you are now... what brought this on? Is it a better place to live?

Signed... being nosey.
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:39 pm

So is it Plano or Tulsa?

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:15 pm

Tulsa ain't a bad place to be from.

. . . FAR from . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:30 pm

Yuk, yuk! You're sharp tonight, Mudgekeewiss!
Signed: Minnehaha

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 pm

Ok, I currently live in Tulsa, but I will be moving to Plano next week. I love Tulsa, and it's where I am from, but it's not where I belong.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:11 am

I went back to Norman last night to visit frieneds from college. I forgot how much fun it was just sit around and talk. Even though we are a little "bigger" now, we haven't changed that much. Our complaining has just moved from college professors and papers to bosses and work projects. We are getting ready to scatter again. I'm going to Texas, and a couple are moving to Alabama...and so forth. I guess that's what happens when you grow up. :cry:
Rebecca

ksuprincess97
Master Tripper

Postby ksuprincess97 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:22 pm

I went back to Norman last night to visit frieneds from college. I forgot how much fun it was just sit around and talk. Even though we are a little "bigger" now, we haven't changed that much.

I know what you mean. I was back in KS for my sister's wedding last weekend and got to see a lot of my college friends at the dance. Being back there with them makes me want to move back!
"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:24 pm

Seems like moving is on the minds of many these days...
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:38 pm

Not on mine! There's so much accumulation of stuff in this house, I'd kill myself trying to sort it out for the move. And on top of that, half of my daughter's stuff is stored here.

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:43 pm

Mlou, I can't even tell you how much stuff I'm getting rid of for this move. Since I'm moving in with family, I don't need any furniture, so I let my friends fight over it. I'm getting rid of everything in my kitchen, except for the super-sweet Crock Pot I got for Christmas. Whatever doesn't fit in my car, isn't going. I think that is the best part of this move. I'm getting rid of so much "baggage"...literally and figuaratively.
Rebecca

Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:04 pm

If only I had the guts to heave it all out BEFORE I have to move, which according to Mudge may be that little home for the elderly on Senility Hill. Oops, Serenity Hill!

Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:00 pm

Is that anywhere near Blueberry Hill?
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:43 pm

Yesterday was a completely awful day. So awful that I went straight for the Xanax. My parents are half a nation away and get into a car accident, and then one of my best friends stands me up for dinner for a "prior engagement." Really, a prior engagement? For two years, we've gotten together every Wednesday for dinner. Do you really think I'm going to believe that she had a prior engagement she set up two years ago? Ok, so I know that I'm overblowing this. But it is just frustrating. I'm moving in one week. Grrr...why do girls have to put boyfriends over best friends? Especially when said boyfriend is old enough to be her father!!! I blame Katie Holmes for introducing this disturbing trend to my age bracket. Ok...I've vented I'm better. ](*,)
Rebecca

hyperfine
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby hyperfine » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your parents. Hope they'll be okay.

I have friends who ditch me for their boyfriends all the time. And then who do they call and cry to the second they break up?

Hey, it can only get better, right?

At least that's what my mom always tells me.
Me fail English? That's unpossible!
bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:25 am

Grrr...I've had a frustrating week!!! What is really frustrating about my week was that it was supposed to be so good. This was the week I'm supposed to move to Texas to start my new life....it hasn't started yet. I'm currently sitting in a freezing cold hotel room in Duncan, Oklahoma at 3:20 a.m. because my stupid brother-in-law snores so FREAKIN' LOUDLY. Ok, so since I haven't slept in the same room with anyone since my husband passed away three and half years ago, I'm just not used to having to deal with this level of stress!!! Sleep shouldn't be stressful!!! So, if that's not bad enough, in classic Me fashion, I tripped and fell on Tuesday, and when I did this I jambed the ring finger and contusioned (not sure if that is a word) the thumb on my right/write hand!!! Today, I've finally been able to type, but I still can't grip a pen very well!!! So very frustrating...I was more upset about not being able to write, than not being able to grip a steering wheel, toothbrush, bottle of water, etc. So, hopefully I will be in Dallas tomorrow, in my own room, on the other side of the house from my lumberjack brother-in-law.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:38 pm

Since I've been in Texas, I've been on the move. I've been here almost a week and I've spent most of my time shopping. I am hoping to get in some quality writing time tomorrow. I've had some really great ideas for the next scene in my novel, and it's really hard to whip out pen and paper and start writing when you're advising on explicitly languaged ballcaps at the Galleria...but it has been so much fun. I have also been job hunting. Hopefully I will know something the first part of next week. I'm ready to have a routine established...but it's been fun not having one for a couple of days
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:05 pm

I had a job interview this morning...yea!!! But now I have the rest of my day to focus on my writing since I kind of let go by the wayside this weekend to recover from the week long whirlwind with my family. Now, I can just sit down and write!!! It will keep me from stressing over whether or not I got the job.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:05 am

Aye, there be a curse upon my house. Ok, so maybe there isn't, but it makes it easier to explain recent accidents. Well, of course, two weeks ago I fell in my bathroom nearly breaking my right hand (oh, the horror) and I'm still recovering from that, even though x-rays showed nothing was broken. Then, Saturday I slipped in a puddle of water at Wal-Mart and ended up doing a sort of slip move in the middle of the PAPER TOWEL aisle!!! Oh, the irony in that situation. Then this morning I get an email from my mother informing me that my brother fell yesterday at work injuring his knee. Poor kid...this is his first experience with the family "klutz" curse. I, for one, have scars, bruises, and battle wounds from my years of falling, walking into walls, getting bucked off of horses, etc. But, poor Cody, he has been immune to such accidents for many years now. He had his last stitches at the age of five, and has not had any since then. Hopefully, this was just a random occurence...but for me, I have my bubble on order.
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:42 pm

So many sayings could sum up my past week "If it's not one thing, then it's another," "When it rains, it pours," and "!@#$%^&*(, my thumb really hurts." So I have a lot of things to worry about, and none more important than the next. So between finding a job, lowering my blood pressure, finding out if my thumb is broken or not, and taking really stupid test so I can take 2 (insert expletive here) classes I need a vacation. :cry: Next week has to better than this one or I will go bonkers. I am so glad I have my little made up world to escape to, and I get to play god :twisted: .
Rebecca

bfsooner
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby bfsooner » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:56 pm

Ok, I'm tired of being a crybaby, so I will stop complaining. This week has been pretty good so far. I just got back from a very good job interview. I am not sure that I want the job, but I'm very glad to have the interview completed. I have another interview in the morning. Interviews are great, I just wish that a job would actually follow one. Why can't I have a job fall into my lap like all of my other jobs? Oooppss...was about to start complaining again, so I'll stop. So, the 4th was pretty good. Found a new barbecue place to eat. Imagine that, good barbecue in Texas, I wonder if the Mexican food is any good...so...after dinner, we drove over to a mall parking lot to watch fireworks from a minor league baseball stadium. There were these really cool ones in the shapes of stars and hearts. Then I came home and went to sleep. Today had just been an endless search for work, and now I just want to go sit down with my laptop and write, write, write...so I will, oh, and maybe eat some more Texas bbq.
Rebecca

Return to “Personal Blogs”