In Hades w/ Hiss

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Thu May 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Nearly beat my electrician to death. The numbskull left the gate wide open and my pup got out. Luckily I have great neighbors. The guy 7 houses away (name withheld to protect my embarassing spelling) chased her down and dragged her wander butt back to my yard. All of this occurred of course while I was working.
"Come to the dark side; we have coffee!"
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Fri May 04, 2007 7:39 am

Had that happen once with a house inspector. Threatened sue-age.
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sun May 06, 2007 7:06 pm

Ya, well Mr. Dumb-Oh! Came close to being drawn and quartered, but since his wife has taken everything he owns in their divorce settlement and he is now forced to sleep on his sister's couch, just threatening to remove all future business and black ball his name around here had him trembling.....Don't mess with my dogs... :twisted:
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon May 07, 2007 7:43 am

And the thing is, it isn't just the dogs: yeah, the dog is my baby, and that's reason enough . . . but then there's all the hassle you cause me ON TOP OF THAT . . . yeah, uh huh . . . YOU'RE on friends list.

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Tue May 08, 2007 9:30 pm

yep you got it..I also added medical expense for mom, who nearly had a heart attack when she discovered the pups were out....

Lawsuit would be very expensive and bury him, but blackballing him would bury him for alot longer and I would still exact a retribution for losing my babies...
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Wed May 09, 2007 9:28 am

with no real way to fight back.

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Thu May 10, 2007 4:38 pm

Exactly...The pups are fine...have a handy man install a new gate at the end of the alley which is self closing....so they can't follow any one up and out....

You know when ever I think my life is difficult God decides to show me how much more miserable it could be and is for someone else.

The aforementioned handyman has been divorced for a while from a woman who in his words never grew up page age 14. (Don't start with the obvious jokes 8) ), they had 2 kids. Now he is having problems with the son who is just like his ex and has to find out how to get up his daughter's entire tuition, which along with a very long laundry list of expenses, the judge has ordered him to pay. Turns out when the ex divorced him she was a "domestic engineer" and liked it that way so she moved in with mom and doesn't work.

She then sues the handyman to continue paying to keep her in the life she is accustomed and take care of the kids....finally, he found out that his lawyer was sleeping with his ex... :roll:

Where do I find them and no wonder he will take "any job, nothing is too small"
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Thu May 10, 2007 6:16 pm

Now there's a horror story worth creating a "fiction" story around.
And as I said on the other thread, hate to break this to you, but Easter is long gone. Unless you're getting a really early start on next year. :twisted:

PS...And when are you, PLEASE, going to put a review of GM on Amazon and PA for me?
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Thu May 10, 2007 11:44 pm

didn't see that flag...guess I have some reviews to place.. 8)
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sat May 12, 2007 11:36 pm

Does this please you, Dear Mlou?

Update on the pup....

Why oh why did I want a puppy?

Spent most of last night doing damage control; trying to turn my Blood Red pup back to a golden pup.

You know how they say never turn your back on a child?

Well the same can be said for a puppy.

While I was indisposed (ahem, bathroom) for just a couple of minutes, said puppy got into a bottle of artist ink;blood red.

And...

You guessed it, my beautiful sand colored golden retriever was blood red! I nearly had a heart attack when I came out of the bathroom, thinking she was cut and bleeding profusely. Visions of emergency room visits and surgery and looming vet bills crashed in my head, just as I turned to see the open bottle on the floor.

Now when you think that these bottles are not doggie level and are stored in a cabinet...it makes you wonder just how determined this pup was to get into this little bit of trouble.

So, instead of whisking sugar to the Vet ER....I spent half the night scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing. At one point she was bright magenta, but now I have her down to powder puff pink,with strawberry blonde highlights :roll:
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Sun May 13, 2007 9:17 am

It still beats a big vets bill and the agony of worry over her being hurt! You must be a little pink yourself at this point. You could have done hair/fur to match.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sun May 13, 2007 3:28 pm

oh yes I was quite "Pink" myself, and only partly from anger and frustration...the good news is that the ink comes off skin quite nicely when applying nail polish remover to the offensive areas.. :D
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:59 pm

The dog is now huge, but still thinks she fits into a copy paper box :shock:

I leave you to imagine the fun I'm having....

Seems like turmoil on the home front has kept me sequestered for a while...tough I do recommend "YOU SUCK - A Love Story" to help lighten your darkness during eternal waits in doctor's offices...I had the entire waiting room in stiches...gotta love Chris Moore...his just insane.
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:40 pm

I love Chris Moore's stuff. I enjoyed "You Suck" although not my favorite of his work. I got some interesting looks when I was reading that in public. haha
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:39 pm

Ok

Well the saga never ends...

Zippy the 20 yr old chihuahua, is now competing to see who can give me a nervous breakdown....

3am on Monday morning, I was awoke by a blood curdling scream. Mom was screeching for help, in desperation.

I bolted down the stairs to find mom in her chair, grasping the a convulsing Zippy, foam squirting from his mouth, his tongue rolling back.....

"He's having seizure."

Mom had morphed into a 7 year old begging for my help.

I spied a pen on the arm of the chair and stuffed it into his mouth pressing down his tongue, while mom wrapped a towel around his flailing legs.

It was only a minute or so.. or maybe much longer....time got skewed....the first waive was over. But, not the crisis..it would be 7:30 am before he had settled down. At which point we snagged the 1st appt w/ the vet on Tuesday morning. 4 hours later, he had drained my pocket book, scared my mom to the point of sedation and cost me a days pay and sleep I would never get back all for the following diagnosis:

"Well I think he has epilepsy, but we can't be sure until we get the test results. So I will only give you "the doggie version of phazyme and told to get rescue remedy, vanilla ice cream and ice."

The dog is now walking around find as if nothing happened. I have blown, more money than imaginable...and there is no preventing or curing the seizures, just dealing w/ them if and when they happen again...

Joy and Rapture!!!!!

I need more Chris Moore... :roll:
jt752
Master Tripper

Postby jt752 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:10 am

Sorry to hear about your pet.

We had a small poodle with the same problem. All you can do is hold them and keep them from hurting themselves.
"There is no intergalactic plot to keep you from being published."

"So stop whining and get on with it."
LizGrayson
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby LizGrayson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:17 am

Yikes! :shock: That's far scarier than when my poodle Buttons, a toy poodle, used to have seizures. I think unfortunately, in some small breeds this kind of thing is common. At least Zippy seems to be ok now.
Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star and they give you them for free! ~ Billy Mack (aka the lovely Bill Nighy), Love Actually
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:06 am

Well now that the dog is doing better, though he now is diapered most of the time, I need a vacation.

Fortunately or unfortunately, it won't be until December. I'm going to Costa Rica, for 10 days. No it's not your typical lie on the beach caribbean vacation. I'm touring the rain forest.

It should be fun and hilarious as I'm bringing mom and getting her on a horse. While she is considered legally blind at this point, due to macular degeneration, she can see (just not well) and she is determined not to let it stop her.

So, when I won an auction for this Costa Rican expedition, she pouted until Jay said "Why don't you take your mom"

So, it's mom and me and my revenge is that I'm getting her on a horse!

at best it will be a trip we'll never forget at worst, I should have great footage for America's funniest home videos.

Now the hard part.....getting in shape. Since I'm roughly the size of the pilsbury doughboy and just as white...the focus is getting my doughie self ready for mountain hikes (canopy tours while mom is getting a massage) zip line trips, and canoe safaries to see crocs and turtles.....

Everyone pray I come back alive.....

From the gym that is :shock:
fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:04 am

Bon voyage to Tasty Coast, Hiss! :-P
Know me by what I did today.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:44 pm

I have a headache today...been getting them more and more frequently. Maybe it's the heat, maybe my allergies are becoming more pronounced. Then again, there is the stress of dealing with intensely personal situations that bear down on a person.

Seems like these situations always come in batches and are unrelenting. I'm not one to blather on in public about things of a very personal nature, so I won't be going into details on this very public board, but sometimes you just need an outlet for stress, when it stifles your creativity and makes you want to stop everything for a while. But, you can't life goes on with or without your consent. So I'm venting, diliberatly vague, maybe, but I'm still venting. Letting off steam, giving myself a spot just to be....

[lol] many of my acquaintences truly believe that if you are not a single parent "doing it on your own", or dying of some chronic disease then your life is carefree and if you think otherwise then you need to suck it up. But, isn't stress and difficulties a matter a perception.

I mean, if you go to the slums (sorry using this word for its graphic nature) of some third world country, you know like they advertise on Save The Children, you would say "Americans have no problems and we should be grateful for living where we do." But, how many of us are going to have that experience? How many of us will really go to one of these places and have our perceptions truly changed? Few.

Our difficulties our shaped by our own local experiences and the struggling person, trying to balance work, a love life, a family life (kids alone do not make a family) and all that these interactions bring, sees things differently than the person who has a good day when their drink water isn't toxic.

Does this mean that humans are truly only happy when theyn are unhappy? For each level we achieve on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, we still find things to be stressed about, angered over, or unhappy because of. Are we truly never happy with what we have? Should I be hey woohoo...I'm not dying of an incurable disease (today), I am not overwhelmed with raising kids on my own, I'm not on the streets begging for a dime, I am great and everything is wonderful?

Unlikely I know. And really while I grouse, part of me understands that life's difficulties maybe a matter of perception, but they serve to make the bright points a bit brighter. There are just times when I wish they didn't gang up all at once...I would like to come up for air sometime soon.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:43 pm

I feel for ya Hiss. I've got issues of my own that sometimes overwhelm me but I guess in the grand scheme of things don't really matter that much. One of which is trying to buy a house. First I have to find one I like (that hasn't been trashed, but that's the kind of housing in my price range). Then the whole gass issue because if I buy a house I'll definitely be liiving farther away from work, going from about 8 miles to arond 20 miles each way. Longer commute means more gas and with the higher prices I'm not sure I have the budget for a house and gasoline. Every time I think about this I get a headache right between my eyes. Everyone who gives me advice to not stress out because it's not that big a deal buying a house HAS ALREADY GOT ONE. But I know from back when they were trying to get a house it wasn't as peachy fine as they're telling me now.

Combine that one "little" stress with everything else going on and I wonder sometimes how I function. I cried myself to sleep Monday night because my eyes hurt so bad I had to have my brother drive me and my car home from my parent's house because I couldn't see because I couldn't get my eyes open. My other brother had to follow in his car so he could take him back home. I was greatful that I had someone willing and able to do that for me, but once I got home and got into bed all the emotions of my past eye problems and the fact that I hate feeling helpless overwhelmed me. Once I got to sleep it was the best restful sleep I've had in a long time. I just didn't like how I got it.

If you start to feel overwhelm just concentrate on what keeps life going . . . . breathing. Just sit and breathe deeply. And remember it will all work itself out in the end. (or does that only refer to bad chinese food? :D )
Is this my reality or yours?
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:56 pm

chinese food....rofl. I have a house and it's in the city so commute isn't my worry...but the dang thing is old an it sucks the money out of my wallet faster than a vampire with a raging case of blood lust. :shock:

How old is my house? My house was built 70 years before my boyfriends state was admitted into the Union and became a state :roll: and he thought his house built in the 1970's was old..geez

He litterally said to me, I've never live in a house where the bathroom was downstairs from the bedroom and I told him honey, when your house was built we had already mastered indoor plumbing, when my house was built they still had the bathrooms (holes in the ground) in the basement. :rofl: (do you remember the story of Lizzy Borden?)

So I feel for you as well, buying a house is extremely stress inducing, never mind seasoning it with ridiculous gas prices. So I understand. Luck for me I don't mind public transportation which is plentiful here and the plus side for me is that I'm walking more which hope fully will get me looking like an anorexic pilsbury doughboy by december and my trip.

I breathe and meditate when I can, but lately I feel like I'm practicing for Lamaze classes :-P
fiona
Master Tripper

Postby fiona » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:02 am

No matter old or new, it's just great to have our own home.
A house is an organism and older ones suffer from constant ailments, so keeping them healthy is a challenge, but nowadays, thanks to materials and tools' improvement, there is a number of things we can do by ourselves, like painting, wood work, electricity -among other things-, which is not only rewarding but money-saving, as well.
Of course time is a decisive factor. However, I find these tasks are effective to help you getting rid of stress and affliction. It's like when you told your mum I'm bored and she answered So go clean your room. I hated that, but she was awfully right.
:-P
Know me by what I did today.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:16 pm

well if my house is an organism, i'm not sure if that makes me a butcher, a surgeon or the garbage man cleaning up after it....[sighs]
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:18 pm

(I first read that as, "If my house is an orgasm ..."

Draw your own conclusions.)

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com

Return to “Personal Blogs”