In Hades w/ Hiss

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 pm

So... now that you're bald, what ya gonna be for Halloween??? :twisted:

I was told that you should get a mammogram early so they can have something to compare future one to anyway... of course, they gold me that when I was 36.

I'm thinking about you... and hoping everything goes well along the way. Hair be damned... having a wig with brighter red than mine has got to be awesome. LOL
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:18 pm

I was just thinking about you the other day, Hiss, wondering how you're doing. Glad to hear things are going well all things considered. :)
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Glad to hear your recovering well Hill, one of my best non-internet friends is going under the knife tomorrow... things caught relatively early, but still a couple months of follow up treatment.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:25 pm

doing ok, Cp hope all goes well.

Jill sadly I may not be doing anything for Halloween. I have chemo on 10/30 & they are changing my medication that day, so I may be comatose on Saturday.

I was going to do The carnival of souls & I was going to be a demented carnival barker, but if I am up at all I'm going to be a Magic 8 ball 8)
"Come to the dark side; we have coffee!"
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:51 pm

HA! Magic 8 ball! That's pretty funny!

You would think they would make these appointments on a more convenient day! You know I'm kidding... you do what you need to do and you do it when it needs to be done. Still... Magic 8 Ball would have been funny. Me? I think I'm going goth this year... imagine me dressed all in black and all the other stuff that goes with it. LOL

Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:34 pm

my neice is doing a spin on goth...going as a living dead doll.

I'm doing her make up (if I'm up to it)

Think you would be a great Gothic Raggedy Ann 8)

Maybe I should put an add in the paper, Halloween Lady needs a holiday...come scare me this year...rofl
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:02 am

It seem i've lost my Dating blog? CP if you can find it great, but it may have got lost with some originals when we had that glitch awhile back. Too bad there was some funny stories on it.

If you can't find it, i'll start a new one. 8)
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Wow I haven't update y'all in a while!!!

Well, I'm writing up a few pitches for mags, doing a little "desktop publishing" (easy-peasy stuff like menus) and trying to stay out of the hospital.

Seems that right before Halloween, I ended up with an infection which dropped my white blood cell count way too low. The technical term is Nutrapenia (not sure on the spelling there, but it sounds like that. :wink: ). That put me in the hospital for a week. I got out just in time for Halloween and went right back in a week later for another week. Turns out the power port that I had had surgically placed so I could get my chemo a little easier, was infected and causing the problem. It had to be removed. :shock:

Then my counts were all messed up and it delayed chemo for two weeks, but the torture continued with the Visiting Nurse From Hell!

Despite this I did manage to write: A short story entitled "39 Minutes" about the spectacular demise of the Longfellow Bridge (affectionately known as the Salt'n Pepper bridge here because the decorative towers look like salt and pepper shakers). Basically think of every Arnold Swarzenagger (sp??) and Sly Stallone movie, toss in a little Die Hard and you have this story. It all takes place in 39 minutes.

The rest of my writing consisted of letters to every known authority lambasting the VNA and telling MGH not to use them again. The company was the worst! I wouldn't trust them with a dummy nevermind a living human being!

Last week I attended an interesting seminar on Freelancing with a young woman named Susan Johnston as the lecturer. She was very nice and offered a few good tips. She has been freelancing non-fiction for a while, although she looks about "12" either that or I'm just getting old.

Anyway, I'm looking to brainstorm ideas for articles...any suggestions? 8)
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:04 am

It has been a long and weird week!!!
Flirtation revealed interest and fear!
Secrets aren't so secret
how many are wondering about my naughty side now?
Regrets & recriminations became evident when he drinks.
Others want to take his place & are jealous when they are unsuccessful.
Inquires lead to talks hidden from my ears, but evident on the faces as I greet them.
The door is left ajar as he blows hot & cold
yet another window opens onto the unknown
work is highlighted, but the need to get closer is glimpsed
where is this going?
Do their photos tell the tale?
I can only wait & learn how to enjoy being patient with things out of my hands!
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Wow...I can't believe how long it's been since I wrote in this blog. Reading some the entries mad me think of how long ago that was. It seems almost a vapor of a dream, almost forgotten.
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08 am

I read my blog entries and think "was that me" or I read my stories or poem and think "who wrote that?" Amazing how much we change and still remain the same.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:14 am

I know...I'm amazed going through them. Apart from typos and grammar it was the voice & POV. I've been resisting the urge to go in and rewrite them all! Lol

Return to “Personal Blogs”