Teenies Scratchpad

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:55 am

i talked to my brother today. He's up and around, which is good given the fact the doc's weren't sure when he could fully have the use of his knee. He's driving himself around, which he told me is a great relief. My brother hates to rely on anyone, kinda like his big sister. :-P I was calling to offer up myself as a chauffer to his physical therapy appointments,but now it's not needed. He's still not sure when he can go back to work, but he told me that just being able to get out of the house if he needed to, is a source of great relief. I haven't been able to see him since the accident. I was going to go the day after, but both my parents were there and given that my brother, his wife, their 2 kids also live with my SIL parents, well,I knew it was a fullhouse. Plus, baby bro had both our folks there fussing over him. (okay, so he's not a baby, but he's younger than me) I should wander over or tell him to come to my place if he's up for it. Make him lunch or something.
He's my X-mas present, I tell him that a lot lately. How not getting himself killed, was the best present he could ever give me. I asked about the lawyer and he started to laugh. We definitely grew up in a small town, because his lawyer is also the police chief of our hometown as well as someone I had contact with when I was younger. I think it's pretty funny that Lawyer Man (don't want to give names) is helping my brother now, given that he used to harass us when we were kids. I smiled and said out loud to no one, "Well, what do you think of that Bobby? G is John's lawyer." and laughed. Bobby would get it, since it was Bobby's apartment that G busted into.
I even talked to my Mom and my Dad today. All I have to dois call big Bro and I've checked in with everyone. 8)
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul." - GD
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:16 pm

I did it. I got my tatto today. It was done as a "ritual" tattoo. Several people in my group got them done. It hurt. I cried and cried and cried. I still weep up, because I love it so much. It was worth the pain I went through. Bobby and Josh are worth that and more. Don't know if I'd run right out and do it again...but you know in time. Maybe.

Anyhoo...here's a pic for you all to see.

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:31 am

Cool.

And T? VERY sexy shoulder . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:55 pm

*blushes* it's just a shoulder. LOL
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:50 am

Started back for another semester this week. Up until yesterday, I was questioning all I am doing. This goes back to something my friend has said recently, that I'm my own worst enemy. She says that I am capable of doing anything I put my mind to, it's just that I let my mind beat myself up over and over. She says I'm too hard on myself and I think, yeah, maybe I am.

Monday I had my first class of the new semester and it was a Logic class. Why I signed up I have no idea. I was unhappy. spent way too much for the book and the professor gave me the heebeejeebees (he looks like my old boss). I came home pouting and questioning my goals. I tried talking to tim and as much as I love him, sometimes, he just gives me the stock answer "do what you need to hon" which is NOT what I needed to hear at that moment. So I went to bed. Tuesday, go to work, go back to campus for my Creative Writing Class. Dreading this class, because of the professor. He and I don't see eye to eye about things and I really thought he was going to give me a hard time. But he didn't.
Instead he made it a point to say hello and that he was glad to see me. He told me he hoped that the class will help me with my goals. He even called on me a few times asking me to confirm some things. I was thrown off at first, but at this moment, he seems completely different. A few other people that I know who were in my class last semester and have him in a different class also said they noticed a change. We've come to our own conclusion that it's quite possible he does not like the class he was teaching last semester. He did seem that way, angry over it. Creative Writing he's like "well, try this and this. And we'll read this chapter, I think it'll help all of you to realize that we all write crap. Everyone of us starts off with something not so great, but we can turn it into great" he NEVER said that in the last one. So I'm cautious, but hopeful.
It was Tuesday night when I decided I really didn't want to be in the logic class and decided to drop it. I don't know why I just didn't think of it. Afterall, I'm paying for my own education. I know what my goals are and if I don't like a class that much, I should drop it and replace it, if possible with something I do like. Its not required to take the Logic class, just a philosophy one. So Wednesday, I dumped the Logic class and signed up for another writing class. This is a more critical writing style, and that is something I'd like to work on as well. that class is tonight (Thursday). After I made the decision and followed through, I felt much better about things.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:44 am

Way to go, girl! Self-sabotage is SO 1999 . . .

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:04 pm

*bangs head against desk*

WHY IS WRITING ABOUT YOURSELF SO HARD!!!!

*groans and hits head again*
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:10 pm

well, the ring isn't on my finger yet. he's asked, we're planning, BUT he had to wait to buy the ring. we're heading to the store together saturday. it's sort of a compromise. by agreeing to see Ghost Rider, he's agreed to let me go to the jewelery store to make sure he gets the right ring. LOL

i know, i'm acting all goofy. he's just laid back and I'm like "well, we should discuss dates soon". tim's like "we will. AFTER i give you the ring" this is why we work. I rush headlong and he grabs me and keeps me from making hasty decisions. plus, he's cute and funny as hell.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:20 pm

Today, my creative writing professor brought a guest author to our college. The author is Terrence Cheng and he wrote a book called Sons of Heaven Mr. Cheng took the young studnet from Tiananmen Square in 1989 who stood up against the tanks and created a brother for him. The book is told in three narratives. The young student, his fictional older brother who is a Chinese army solider sent to find his brother, and political leader Deng Xiaoping.
I have to admit, I have not read the book yet, but the author was down to earth. He told us about Sons as well as a book he has coming out in May titled Deep in the Mountains which is a young adult book. He was funny and smart. I'm going to start the book soon. I just wanted to share it here for anyone that reads my blog and interested in reading something new.
Mr. Cheng's interest in Chinese history is, of course, personal. He was born in China and came to America with his parents as a baby. He says that he's American, but once his grandparents had passed, his interest in his history and culture became something he wanted to explore more.
Oh yah, he even signed a copy of the FREE BOOK he gave us. He brought about 20 copies of Sons and each of there received one. THIS is why I went in the first place, I'm not one to turn down a free book. ;)
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:32 pm

In my creative writing class we have to critique each other. I have to say, being a part of two writing groups here at WT has helped me write my first one.

Also today, when I called my professor to ask a question, he actually told me he LIKED what I submitted.

I'm wondering if:

a. My professor is a pod person, because he was downright BRUTAL last semester.

b. He likes this class better. I got the feeling that he doesn't like teaching Expository prose much.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

It's official!

Postby TinaS1570 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:42 am

Tim gave me my ring tonight. He had fallen asleep while I was studying and when he woke up he gave me my ring.

Tim: "here honey. I won this for you the other night at Dave and busters"

Me - staring at him like he's going to put something icky in my hand 'What? What are you putting in my hand?"

Tim: 'Just hold out your hand." *drops plastic container in my hand

me: "OH my god!!! You have to ask me again!"

Tim: "I did already."

Me: "Do it again. It's for luck!"

tim: "you sound like cher. all right. Honey. Will you marry me?"

Me - trying NOT to wake the neighbors - "YES!!!!!" and let the tears begin!

here's a picture.

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:50 am

Congrats Tina

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Dave and Busters! lol

Congrats!
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:53 pm

Die-hard romantic, this Tim . . . but hey, congrats anyway. :D

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:40 am

Thanks guys. Isn't it funny....only GUYS have responded. You'd figure there might be a squeal or two from one of the girls? LOL
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:11 am

Well, see, the ladies are all off WRITING, and are too busy to read personal blogs. Us guys are stalling.

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:12 pm

Well, it's been a while. Several reasons...one I forgot my password and CHARLES IGNORED ME WHEN I EMAILED HIM ABOUT IT! LOL :-P :lol:

Finished up the last semester, still seems like several more to go. :roll:

Wedding planning is coming along. Tim and I had an engagement party in June. My parents put it together. This whole thing has been weird with my parents. They're getting along (they've been divorced for 20+ years). They actually CALL each other and consult. Which is another odd thing for me to deal with. I'm over 35 and they're insisting on paying for the majority of the wedding. It makes me happy, but I still have the feelings of guilt as well, because I feel like at my age, they shouldn't worry about it. But they want to and it's making them happy so I'm just sitting back and making plans (within the budget of course). Going this coming weekend with my 'Maids and mom looking for dresses. It should be fun. We have a year to make all the plans and not rush, so I told them if they see something they like make a note and we'll check it out again later.

The not so fun part, I lost my job. Again. Okay, I didn't lose it. I know exactly where it is. I started the job back in march. I figured it'd be easy. Home office, hours on end with "alone time". Answer phones, write up work orders, pay bills. Simple things. The boss was/is not a simple person. He requires a baby sitter, because at nearly 50 he can't do anything for himself. He has a best friend and girlfriend and they just seem to "waste his time" (his words). He's rough, he's gruff and yelled at me on a constant basis. I couldn't deal with him. But I tried. I tried for 3 1/2 months. THEN his friend needed money and doesn't tell me she's coming back in to work. She comes in "well, we don't think you're handling the job correctly." I walked out. So I LEFT my job should be the proper term and it's my own fault, but I just couldn't work there anymore. When I quit I told him "It's like a bad relationship, you have know when to go and when to try again. It's time to go." and I hung up.

so now I'm trying to find a job. Trying to find a way to make some money and trying REALLY REALLY hard not to use any wedding money tim and I have saved since March. Rent is due, bills are due and I'm an idiot. But, the sad thing (to some anyways) is that I'm a happy idiot. I'm well aware of my situation and what I need to do, but I'm just so glad to be away from a job I didn't like. I'm going to be VERY careful about the next job I take, because I don't want to be in the same situation in another 6 months.

Unemployment is being difficult, but again, I brought it on, so who knows. *shrug*

So I'm back. I'll probably just lurk. I bet I was only missed in the Baseball thread, cause I wasn't there to take my licks. LOL
mslover
Wordtrip Grand Master

Postby mslover » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Well jeepers - didn't interact with ya much when you were here but then i haven't been here lately either. lol welcome back!

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories - we've already missed the spring"

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 pm

Yes, welcome back. There are worse things to be than a happy idiot.

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:04 pm

I lost the diamond in my engagement ring today. When I was out running errands, I know it was there. A woman at the bank commented on it. Then I came home, watched a movie, Tim came over with a box of old photos (his uncle recently passed away and Tim went to NJ to pick them up). I remember seeing it then when we were on the floor going through them (some pictures dated from the early part of the century!). Then I was sitting on the couch, I picked up the remote and that's when I noticed it was gone. I searched the couch, in it, under it all around it. The floor. Tim was out at this point and my landlord was in the laundry room and heard me crying. He came in and tried his best to calm me down and help me look. I calmed down a bit, but I still cried and I still couldn't find it. When Tim finally came home I told him what happened. He just hugged me, went to his car and handed me the lifetime warranty plan. He told me he was "glad I spent the extra money for this. Go take it to the store tommorrow and get it fixed." He wasn't upset or anything. I'm taking it harder than he is. :cry:
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:41 pm

Tony is back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZFiVproc2w

Unfortunately, the series is indefinitely post-poned because of the writer's strike...
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:25 am

*SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

My Tony has gone bad!!! *cries*
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:04 am

If it's all a ruse, I'm gonna be mad, 'cause they already did the good-guy-pretends-to-be-bad-guy thing.

If Jack has to kill him, I'm gonna be mad, 'cause they already did the Jack-is-so-dedicated-he-will-kill-his-best-friend thing.

Since Jack is purported to be at loose ends these days, what I am really hoping is that we get a good scenario where you really don't know who the good guy or bad guy is (or better yet, one of those is-the-president's-wife-actually-crazy-or-not? situations) and end up having Jack find himself by getting back to what he does best: kicking butt, taking names.

I think Jack is at a pivotal point: he has proven that he will do anything for the job. ANYthing.

And I think he's finally discovered, that's not enough. So how does Jack find JACK . . . and will JACK even be worth finding?

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:32 pm

TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:20 am

*snicker*