Teenies Scratchpad

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:09 pm

we saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Friday. WE LOVED IT!!! so much so, my son and I are going to see it again on Sunday with my Mom and my niece. I don't want to go into to much right now, to give those that want to see it time to catch it. But, IMO, it was really REALLY good. Depp gave one of his best performances. I loved the kid who played Charlie. I loved the whole movie. 4 stars. Two thumbs up. And yes, I still love my adorable Willy wonka, with Gene Wilder. Two totally different versions and different movies. I love them both. yay!
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul." - GD
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:45 pm

well, i'm working 2 jobs. I've gone back to school. My classes, so far, seem fine. A little weird being the oldest in two of them, but hey, I'm there to get my degree, not make friends, at least not this time around. I do know a few people there, my buddy Eric and his girlfriend and a co-worker. They are all in their 20's of course, but no biggie.

The only writing I've been doing is for school and letters to my cousin and my best bud. But it's writing. I got my first email of the year about NaNoWriMo and I'm contemplating giving it a go, but I want to see how I'm doing with school first. See if I can handle it and all that.

The band is going through their growing pains. Plus, one of the guys suffered a HUGE loss this past week and we've all been walking on our tip-toes around him. Well, they have been, I'm not there in person, so I just make phone calls to let them know I'm thinking of them and what not. I should've been there this past week, but too much going on. Drummer Man basically said, don't even think about it. He told me to focus on school and the rest will sort itself out.

I'm broker than hell too. I think the last time I was this broke, I was living over in Westchester. I've cut my hours at work, thereby bringing home a $100 less in the paycheck, but the 2nd job covers it. I just can't seem to keep up. So I'm digging into my savings just to get 2 huge bills off my back and not drown.

so that's me right now. I know I haven't been around, but know my friends know why.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:51 pm

Did you get the journal?
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:11 pm

i've been told it's on it's way to me. :D
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:51 am

Geez-louise, Tina . . . I'm going to quit complaining about how busy MY life is . . .

Well, no I'm not . . . but still . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:09 pm

Hehe... we had some issues SCANNING Anby... as in, Blue took forever to do it and get it back to me... I take no responsibility for its later-than-expected arrival to Tina... :oops:
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 pm

TheMudge wrote:Geez-louise, Tina . . . I'm going to quit complaining about how busy MY life is . . .

Well, no I'm not . . . but still . . .

do you EVER quit complaining? ;)

hi tina! :byebye:
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:21 pm

Oh, I thought you accidentally sent it out before scanning! Cool! Just trying to keep track! So a few more months and CP should have something online for everyone to see!
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:22 pm

Oh dear.. it is going online isn't it? *cringe*
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:29 pm

Warning: Tangent!

What did you think of my pages?
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:30 pm

Very nice... mine are weird... didn't know what to write... so I did a bit of drawing...
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:36 pm

Can't wait to see them (cc me on the e-mail to CP!) lol!
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:37 pm

Too late lol... Blue did it already (I think)...
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:39 pm

You COULD still e-mail them to me... please...
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:21 pm

so, i was just talking about working 2 jobs. as of 9:30 this morning, i got canned. which isn't too terrible. I didn't like my job. in fact, out of the last 9 years there, i hated going the last year and a half. So it's a good thing. I even had an interview at another place about a half hour after I got fired, so there's a silver lining. Plus, I have my deli job to fall back on if I need it.

I just posted in the NaNoWriMo thread about how I'm thinking about trying and I think I will try it this time again. Just to see what I can do. I had fun last year. I have to do a lot of writing for one particular class this semester, but heck, it's called "intermediate composition" :lol: This past monday she had us do an "in class writing" and I was freaking out, usually, I write what the subject is about. set it aside for like a half hour then go back and re-do it. I don't think I hit the mark with this assignment. I think I did well, just not what she was looking for. going back to school is HARD! okay, it's not that hard, but I think, so far i'm doing all right with it.

now D, where' sthat journal! :lol:
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:14 pm

Well, I'm back to the pint where I've been knocked down so hard, it's hard to see the light. I'm still in school and so far, so good. There's a lot of writing there and that's fine by me. It's why I'm an English major. I'm working 2 jobs now. Which is fine, to a point. I've been getting a day off here and there so the stress has been managable.until.......

Last weekend, I got word that a dear friend of mine died. What's worse, I found out 2 weeks after it happened. I crumpled and sobbed for three days straight. I still don't see straight, but the crying has stopped. at least the daily crying has for now. He was so near and dear to me. and what's really sad is that I never really got to tell him toward the end of his life. I saw his brothers and our mutual friends at his memorial service and all of them...once they saw me...held out their arms. They knew. They all knew how I'd react. I saw my friend Andy and practically dove at him. I'm 35 and when I saw my friends, I felt 17 all over again. I cried and cried in Andy's arms at the funeral home. Then he held my hand as we walked in and Bobby's brother's were there. Steve just saw me and said "There's Tina. There's my girl." and I lost it all over again. His brother called me "his girl" all the time. I was known as "Bobby's girl" for so long. Bobby's brother billy didn't know I moved to another county and when I told him he said "I knew we lost you baby girl. We lost our girl." I love these men. I loved Bobby so much. My heart isfeels so empty. My poor Tim and my poor son, they had no idea to deal with me. Tim says he understands, but I don't think he truly does. My son just saw mom upset and has been such a good kid.
Now here's the weird thing. For years, I've teased my friends that we lived some sort of weird suburban soap opera. There's a lot of things that happened, especially when we were teen agers. Things, events, and the people I knew. All great characters. So friday, while dully staring at the computer screen. I started writing. I started writing my life. I know! How lame is that! but I have something to tell and these people that I've known need to be introduced to the world. Besides not telling Bobby how much I always cared for him, my other regret is that people important to me, Tim, Kelly, Spence, didn't get to meet him and get to know him. My mom, she hated Bobby. But as my sis in law pointed out, "all mom's don't like their daughters hanging out with bad boys." once again, I'm happy I have a son. especially now that he's a teen himself.
I wish i could get out of this hole. Maybe I can. Maybe I'll continue writing about things in my life and get it all out. I don't really know. all I know, is that I'm sad. I haven't felt this sad in so long. It hurts, that's how sad I am.
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:57 pm

Tina writing about your life isn't lame, it's a great thing. The characters in a novel aren't more important than the real people in your life and if you've got something to say about those people writing about them is the logical thing to do (you are a writer after-all). Some of my favorite books the last couple of years were Rick Braggs memoirs about his single mother ("All over but the shoutin") and about his grandfather he never know ("Ava's Man") and though neither of them were big important people in the world the stories told about them were great to read. And of course readers are going to interpolate what you put on the page about your family and friends and see how that applies to their family and friends as well.

Not to mention the catharsis of writing out some of that pain. I hope it gets better for you soon Tina.

CharlesP

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:52 am

I agree with CP, Tina--writing about your life is where great novels --"To Kill a Mockingbird", anybody?--come from. Let it go, and let it flow.

And keep us in the loop--you have friends here too, y'know . . . :D

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:10 pm

thanks guys. I disappeared for a few days because I was studying for a mid-term. I have good days and bad days. Thanks for the words and the encouragement.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:37 pm

today, I didn't go to my 2nd job. It was toonice out. So I took the dog and we went up to the park and went hiking. It's nice to get out and just walk around. I took some nice pics too. It was nice to go out and recharge my batteries and try to clear my head.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:30 pm

okay, so today, I realized that I know absolutely NOTHING about literature. In fact, I have no idea why i want to be a teacher now, since, I know JACK S***!!!!

I am an English major and the Professor will mention an author or a work and I just stare blankly. I've realized that I've never read AnYTHING.

Now I have to write a paper and I have no clue what to write it on. We were working on a group "brainstorming" session and some terms popped out at me and I realized that I have not a clue which writers would be classified in American Modernism.

I can't believe I CHOSE to do this to myself. What the heck was I thinking?

/end rant
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:10 pm

Anblick mentioned that my absence had been noted here at WT. Life and what not have been hectic. I finished up my 2nd semester back at school in May. So far I have a decent grade point average and I'm proud of myself on how I handled life, work and school. I had moments of breakdown, but I got through it.

I've recently moved to a new apartment. My family has some stuff going on. Dad is getting his 2nd divorce and it's not pretty. but on a happy note, we just had a family reunion and I managed to get all of my Dad's siblings together in one place (he's the oldest of 8) and they haven't been together since 1987, when my Grandma passed away. So that was very cool.

Other than that, I'm just working (2 jobs) and trying to get this place of mine together. Moving is very stressful and I hope I don't have to do it again for a while. School starts back up for me in September. During Summer Session there weren't any classes that would work with me having a job all summer, so I opted to just wait until Fall.

so that's it. I haven't really focused on writing or anything, but I get ideas all the time, which like any writer, I've been scribbling down on whatever scrap of paper i have.

I still have moments, when I think of bobby. Okay, I think of Bobby every day. I don't cry anymore (not much). 4th of July, I was hanging with my brother and his family down at the River front. We were sitting on the other side of the tracks, close to the water and then it hit me. that 4th of July was when bobby got into his accident. I told my brother. He was so nice. He said "Yeah? no sh**. I almost forgot that. Then he sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulders and said, "you gonna be all right?" I was fine. I wanted to cry then cause my brother was being sweet (he's a typical little brother sometimes) but I held it together. bobby's b-day is coming up and that's harder for me. I still feel like no one understands, but that's probably all coming from me.

eh, I didn't want to whine about it. Oh well. i guess I did. So yeah, that's about it. Work, un pack, try to read and relax and sleep is all I've been doing. Sorry if anyone was worried. I'm around. just not "around."
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:19 pm

hi tina
glad to see you around a bit. :)
Behind the Press

There's always a bloody ghost.
Anblick
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Anblick » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:03 am

Hey Tina! Glad to see you are still around! Maybe it'll be a little less often between updates? Have you noted the new 24 books out yet? (Link to the first included below)
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:38 am

And you can whine if you want to.

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com

Return to “Personal Blogs”