Teenies Scratchpad

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:57 pm

well, i'm watching the grammy's and with the exception of that punk boy John Mayer (i don't like him, he annoys the crap out of me) winning Song of the year...I've been quite happy with the show. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED MELISSA ETHERIDGE AND JOSS STONE'S tribute to Janis Joplin. I loved that lady. Her voice, her songs. and Melissa Etheridge, I've adored since the first time I ever heard her songs. Long time fan I am of hers. I was thrilled to see her out there, bald yes, but she looks good. It was wonderful to see her. She came out and sang one of my anthems "Piece of my Heart" and I was in my living room, dancing. Yeah, sounds silly, but man do I love that song. When it comes on the radio in the car, I crank it and scream along, not sing, scream. LOL. and while I was enjoying myself, i discovered something after I sat down. I *wailed* okay, lip synched cause folks were sleeping, and shook my thang and was not winded. I've been going to the gym for 2 1/2 months, 3 to 4 times a week. I've been noticing lately, a bit of change, even the guys at work have been saying stuff. But this time, my lil' rock goddess stint in the LR, really proved to myself that I'm doing well and getting back in shape. I'm really excited. Even more motivated to keep going.

Now, all i need are my boys from Half Past Dead to get discovered and get me to the Grammy's. :lol: Drummer Man and I were talking earlier, we come up with all these silly fantasies. Our newest, Half past Dead to be on the side stage at Ozzfest with our two other friend bands Lock N Load and Down for Five. :D Dreaming big is good. I tell Drummer Man that if we don't dream these dreams, what's the point. they played a gig last night and of course, blew everyone away. I even got to listen. DM's wife gave me a call and it was fun to hear my guys. Of course DM's wife got on the phone and said "Just think in 2 weeks, you'll be in this room listening to them live." I'm so excited to get out there and see them all again. :D
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul." - GD
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:13 pm

went and came back from ol'Tulsa Oklahoma. Man what a blast. Too bad I can't talk about much of it since this is a family site and all. The boys feel they may have found their singer. The band is very nearly complete. Everyone was blown away by them. I hung out with musicians all weekend and was in a very happy place.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:28 am

\:D/

i just got the word that my boys in the band FInALLY after searching for MONTHS got a singer. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited. Saturday night, when I was there, the new guy sang with the band. He blew nearly everyone away. I'm so happy for my boys.

Now we can focus on writing more stuff. I'm so excited!
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:33 am

GO SEE SIN CITY! You will NOT be disappointed. :D
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue May 31, 2005 11:33 pm

Okay....cool things have been happening. 1. I've decided to go back to school and become a teacher.

#2...and this is the best part EVER

I MET TIM CURRY!!!! I went to see SPAMALOT and I got pulled on stage and met TIM CURRY!!!
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:37 am

holy freaking COW that's so COOL!!! I'm green with envy that you even got to SEE Spam-A-Lot let alone got to go on stage with Tim Curry :rock:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:10 am

same here! ive been wanting to go see spamalot and cant get tickets!
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:10 am

you guys, it was all luck that we got our tix. Apparently, my mom wanted to take me for my b-day (which is later this month). She called the box office like 6 weeks ago figuring she'd get tix for July or maybe August. I kept saying that I didn't want to go if Tim Curry wasn't in it. So she calls up ticketmaster and the lady says "I have 2 in the third row center" my mom JUMPED on them. So I walk in THRILLED at how close to the stage I am. Not knowing AnYTHING that was to happen later. It was great. :D The play was outstanding. Very funny. If you're a fan of Monty Python, you will totally love this play. I laughed so hard (even before the excitement) I was crying. They were all so great.
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:39 am

Sounds like you had a blast Tina!!! I like Monty Python... although there are times when I just "don't get it". :-D Maybe that's why I laugh so much. :shock:
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:53 pm

I'm a HUGE python fan and can't WAIT till Spam-A-Lot takes a tour (as I know I won't make it up to NYC to see it anytime soon... ever). I'm so jealous.

CharlesP

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:49 pm

Charles, you'll love it. :D

note on school: yes, i've decided to go back to college. I'm planning on becoming a teacher. I put the application in the mail today. *crosses fingers*
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:48 pm

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm going back to school in the FAll! I got into the school that I wanted to!

*Snoopy dances*

ZG
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:05 pm

:congrats: You and X both going back to school... I'm so proud (and a smidge jealous)... :clap:

TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:13 pm

thanks charlies :D
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:02 am

congrats tina!!! :D

where are you going? what are you studying?
Behind the Press

There's always a bloody ghost.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:50 pm

I'm enrolled at a local school. St. Thomas Aquinas here in Sparkhill, NY. I'm currently an English Major. The counselor said that if I major in English, it'll be quicker to complete and on my way to my Masters in Childhood Education. My credits from my first college, SUNY Cobleskill, transfer over easier (ie: More applicable) to the English Major curriculum. I'm taking 3 classes (9 credits) this coming fall. All of them are the "extras" since the classes for my major have been closed out since April. I am enrolled in "Intermediate Composition" for the Fall. :D I should be able to do well in that class. :D
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:01 pm

well, i was having a great week. and funny, i kind of knew last night something was up. my friend Joe died today. He'd been battling Cystic Fibrosis for his entire life. In fact, Joe marveled his doctors living as long as he had (30+ years) with the disease. Many CF patients die way too young. Joe didn't. He had been waiting for a lung transplant, but alas, it didn't happen. Instead, Joe knowing that he was getting worse and worse each minute, chose his own destiny. Last night, he requested the oxygen support to end. He passed this morning with his wife by his side stroking his hair and his best freind singing his favorite hymn.

what's really speacial about Joe was that he was part of an on line community. If anyone ever runs across someone that says on line community's aren't "real life". they should know about joe and me and our community and my family here at WT. I never got to hang out with Joe in person, but we had spent COUNTLESS hours on line chatting together. When our mutual friend gave birth to her and her husband's 2nd child, Joe called me at work to tell me the good news. When Joe met his wife, he was concerned about getting involved, because of his sickness. He asked me what I thought and I told him to follow his heart. I'm so glad he did. He and his wife werent' married long (a mere 2 years) but they found each other and had love. Joe was loved. By so many.
I'm sorry to bring everyone down, but I needed to share about my buddy and what a bright star he was in this life. He was smart, funny as all hell, and very sweet.
If you're ever trying to decide what charity to donate too, consider the CF foundation. One day, we'll find a cure.

thanks.
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:37 pm

Tina my heart goes out to you, I know it's hard to lose a friend.

I agree with you... on-line communities are quite often like second families. Recently I lost a friend from another site (one on radio controlled airplanes) who had been a great mentor in the hobby... and all of us chipped in to send flowers (and shed a few tears)... never met him face to face but spent hours in conversation with him. It's amazing that we can connect with people all over the world.

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:40 am

I'm sorry Tina... but not sorry that you had the opportunity to know someone you cared so much for...

I (like Charles) also lost someone I knew only through the internet. I nearly forgot until I read this thread... perhaps it was my attempt (forgetting) to not feel the pain of not knowing him face-to-face. I would encourage people, that if it is appropriate and possible, to meet the people you know on-line when you get a chance. I'm not talking about secret affairs... I'm talking about friendships that never would have occured otherwise. When my friend died, I found out due to the fact he stopped writing in his journal for weeks and then reading in one of his personal friend's journals that he had died. It was shocking and horrible... it made me feel as if I should have known or should have been able to do something... which is untrue.

I am always thankful I came across this site... for the obvious reasons of improving my writing and feeling the pain of the writing process with fellow writers; but it's the friendships I cherish now. And I HAVE met some of my fellow wordtrippers and hope to see them again as well as meet others.

I have to admit something... there are times I think I should just not be on-line for fear of losing the people I have grown close to. Sometimes I think it can only bring pain that I can avoid. But I also think, feeling love or friendship is more important than the fear of losing it.
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:49 am

i agree Jill. I have another friend, who I met on line, Mitch. Mitch and I grew very close, practically best buds. then some stuff happened and I said to him how unreal it all felt, that why should I be as devestated about the issue as I was, when people tell me on line "isn't real life" and Mitch's reply was "Honey, this is as real as it gets. don't let them say different"

I've met quite a few of my on line friends in real life. In fact, the band that I currently worship, started out as an on line thing. Kelly, the drummer, and I were email buddies for a long long time. then finally after 2 years, we got to hang out in New Orleans together.

friends are friends, whether they are on line, pen pals or someone you get to see every day.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:15 pm

so out of sadness comes some good news. Life goes on and it did when Joe died. But today, the same on line community that Joe and I are/were a part of, something full of hope happened. One of the members has been waiting for weeks now for a heart transplant. A donor came through yesterday, and JD got the heart. He's in recovery. His wife, WJ, is a wreck, as the next few days are crucial, obviously. I just can't help but feel that Joe and another member we found out that passed, Aine, had something to do with this.

I know you guys don't know JD at all, but when you guys are saying your daily (weekly) prayers, maybe keep JD in them.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:40 am

Will do, T . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:01 pm

Will do, T . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:54 pm

thanks. WJ called another friend, who let me know. JD still hasn't woken up yet and the docs are concerned. We're all sending out "wake up" vibes to him. Keep the good thoughts going.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:15 pm

well, despite all the effort, JD is not going to make it. He hadn't woken up, he had several seizures the past few days and WJ just called another friend to let us know that JD has no brain activity. :cry:

thanks for the good thoughts.

Return to “Personal Blogs”