Teenies Scratchpad

PLEASE ONLY one personal blog per member! This is a great place to start a forum blog for all your non-writing chit-chat. Please keep in mind we are a PG13 site.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:54 am

Oh, that is hilarious.

Except Jack never once said "{insert name here}, please!"
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:38 am

So, as noted in my signature my wedding is 10 months away. However, as of next week, tim and I will be married already. :)

We've run into a financial rough patch. It's bad, tim has been suspended from work since September. It's a long story and I don't really wish to go into it here, however, if you're really curious, just drop me a PM and I'll explain. So with tim being out of work, my school job doesn't cover the bills, rent, food, etc. The whole thing when I took the school job was that tim said that with his pay, the major things would be covered and it was okay that I was making $10 an hour. We felt it was important for me to get the school experience, since when I grow up I want to be a teacher. Well, that didn't work out and now we have to move into his mother's house. His mother said that she was very uncomfortable us living together (out of her house was okay, in her house, NOT OKAY) and not being married. We pointed out that we've been doing so for a while and she said "yes, but now it's MY house." So, Tim and I decided to get married now and not tell anyone (except for you guys, cause I don't think you all are going to call up my family and tell them) and still have the wedding in September. At first, i wasn't so sure...I really want my semi-big wedding, that I've wanted for AGES....we did tell my Dad about it and he was the one that convinced me. He said that it was a great idea and that I could still have my big party in september and I shouldn't feel bad about it. He's paying for the September shing-ding...so I felt better after that.

So that's me, life seems to be falling apart at times, but we keep finding ways to hold on and patch up the holes.
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul." - GD
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:40 am

Oh. Well. Um. Congratulations?

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:14 pm

So it's 2008. We didn't get hitched. Thought we were going to do it early, but decided September is going to be more fun. YAy! Did move over Thanksgiving. That sucked. But hey, I survived and that's all that counts. Situations can suck, but they can get better as long as you don't dwell.

School starts back up in about 3 weeks. Still work with the kids in the YMCA program. Still feverishly wedding planning. Yesterday, while I was out, I went and bought some supplies, because I am considering DIYing my invitations. I sat at the computer to practice fonts and wording and it hit me...."Wow, I'm actually getting married in eight months". Never been married before. Yes, I have a kid. But these things can happen without the benefit of marriage.

So who knows...in a few weeks, I'll probably be screaming and crying how hard life is. But today. The first night of the New Year. Things are good.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm hitched! Last Saturday I officially became a Mrs.! Yay! We had the BEST time. Everyone loved the wedding from the ceremony to the very end. Every time I speak with a guest this week I hear the same thing "We had such a good time. It was the best wedding we've ever been too." I'm so glad everyone had as much fun as we did.

Here's my favorite picture from that night. A friend took it toward the very end of the evening.

charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Congrats Tina! (that was a long stretch between posts here).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:53 am

Yeah, I noticed that. I swore I lost my mind the last few months.
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:47 am

I have a habit of months stretching before I post. I haven't been working since we got married. Job market is tough up here. Even the little part time jobs are limited. My class schedule doesn't really make it office friendly. My college is not really known for having a lot of night classes. But it's the best in the area for what I want to do when I graduate so that is why I make these sacrifices. Tim says we're good. We could be better if I found just a little job to help out some but we're doing all right for now and that's what counts.
Some may or may not notice the new avatar. New Years Day I woke up feeling kind of crabby, I'm not a big New Years person and I will admit I was feeling kind of down for a while so I was not hopeful when I first woke up Thursday morning. Until I checked my Facebook account (yes I have one I talk to many of my high school friends on there) and I see my friend Katy has an interesting link in her status line. The Dead are getting back together and going on Spring Tour!!!! I was so happy, I almost yelled out loud. Instead I jumped off the bed (beauty of laptops, can be a slug and still be on the computer) and started dancing around the apartment. My son just stared at me. I told him what was going on and of course, he's a teenager and said "That's cool mom. have fun." Cause he knows his Mamma is going to go and travel with her crazy friends and have a good time. I haven't seen this version of the band for a long time now, I think about 6 years or so. So excited. My friends and are all talking about meeting up at the DC show, because that would be the best location. Many of us live up and down the East coast. We have a few friends in the Mid-west and in California, but for the most part we're all located out here, so DC is easiest for us all to meet up at. Tim was giving me looks. He's not into the Head thing. He realizes that's what I am. I still think he was surprised when he found me planning my Spring (He had to work Thursday morning). I'm hoping for a Summer Tour as well, but my doing my standard 2-week trip with the Band and my friends will most likely not happen. Not only financial wise, but I know I'll have a job this summer and it pays well (it's a job I worked last summer and they told me to come back again this year if I wanted). Plus, Tim and I are supposed to go to Vegas for his friend's wedding. But no matter, I'll go to the NY shows and have a good time.
Yes I am an odd duck, but that's what makes me, Me.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:00 pm

Yes. You are. But we love you anyway.

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:50 pm

We got a new doggy! Sadly, this past Saturday, Tim and I lost our beloved Teddy. Teddy became paralyzed and started to drastically lose weight within days. We made the toughest decision to let him go. Cried all day. A few days later I received an email from a friend telling me there was a Basset Hound that needed a good home. I saw her picture and couldn't resist.

Her name is Emma. We drove an hour and a half to the Dutchess County (NY) SPCA to get her. The owner who had her insisted on bringing her there, even though we were willing to take her home. She didn't even have to spend a night there, she was dropped off this morning (Thursday) and we were there by 3 p.m.

Here's a picture.

JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your loss... I can only imagine and often do when I look at my two-year old puppy. I keep hoping the 10-14 years they say yellow labs live will extend out somehow to 30-34 years. Sigh...

What a sweet puppy you have now!! I really like the Basset Hounds... talk about EARS!!

~

So now I have to post one of my own... hope it's okay here on your blog. 8)

Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
TinaS1570
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby TinaS1570 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:02 am

Oh Jill, she's sweet. We also found out that we're getting another pup on Super Bowl Sunday. We had inquired about Harley a few weeks ago. We were going to take him in even with Teddy. His owners travel far too much and can't take proper care of him. So Harley will be our boy in a few weeks! I don't have a picture of him yet, but when I do, I'll post it.

Hey, if I can't have human babies anymore, might as well have fur-babies!
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:59 am

Yup... they don't talk back so much. 8)
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:56 pm

Yeah our lab is 13. Good shape for 13 ... but that "deadline" looms ever closer ...

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com

Return to “Personal Blogs”